Monday, July 04, 2022

UNITED STATES 82hrs on Amtrak's MOST SCENIC TRAIN! - The California Zephyr 516,255 viewsJun 4, 2022

UNITED STATES 82hrs on Amtrak's MOST SCENIC TRAIN! - The California Zephyr 516,255 viewsJun 4, 2022 DownieLive 392K subscribers The California Zephyr is Amtrak’s most scenic train! Who would you bring with you to ride the rails? Follow me on Instagram: @DownieLive Click the JOIN button to support the channel and watch the BONUS behind-the-scenes videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvjJ... 0:00 - Amtrak California Zephyr 0:23 - Chicago Union Station 1:04 - Meeting with @Will Edmond 1:25 - Metropolitan Lounge 1:49 - Train delay 2:15 - Boarding the Amtrak California Zephyr 4:18 - Travel partners 4:35 - Riding the train through Illinois 7:50 - Iowa 12:40 - Nebraska 15:30 - Colorado 16:00 - Denver, Colorado 18:20 - Colorado Rocky Mountains 20:25 - Moffat Tunnel 20:57 - Fraser/Winter Park, Colorado 26:50 - Utah 30:50 - Nevada 35:15 - Deciding to get off the train... 37:10 - Reno, Nevada 39:58 - California 43:00 Arriving in San Francisco/Emeryville California Edited by: @Matt Mort Chapters Amtrak California Zephyr 0:00 Chicago Union Station 0:23 Meeting with @Will Edmond 1:04 Metropolitan Lounge 1:25 Train delay 1:49 Boarding the Amtrak California Zephyr 2:15 1,296 Comments rongmaw lin Add a comment... Jeb Brooks Jeb Brooks 4 weeks ago Wow! What a journey. Way to make the most out of a tough trip! 459 DownieLive Ralph Turner Ralph Turner 6 days ago (edited) Your train's delay reminded me of how often trains in India run late. I heard a story about the Indian train system. An American was in a small town in India that had only one train that stopped at the station each day. The train he wanted to get on was scheduled to arrive at the station at 11:00 am each day. Even though he knew that the train would probably be a few hours late, he got to the station at about 10:55 am. And lo and behold, the train arrived at the station at 10:59. The American said to an Indian standing next to him, "Wow, I'm surprised that the train is on time." The Indian said, "This is yesterday's train." 135 Casper van Battum Casper van Battum 3 weeks ago Wow this is cool to see from a European perspective. We've got some spectacular train journeys too but everything is so... different. The train cars are so damn high! And the service so different from what you'd get on a European train. Love how you made friends with all the car attendants, and it's wild that they'd literally come to the restaurant to get all the passengers back to the train when it leaves earlier than expected. Super cool to see! 146 DownieLive A0P25 A0P25 1 month ago I love your collabs with Will. He brings so much energy! 263 DownieLive My Guy Ty Clark My Guy Ty Clark 1 day ago I made this trip 24 years ago on what would be the most defining moment of my life. Watching this video took me back in time and legit made me happier than any other YT video that I have ever seen... Ever! This was such a blessing. Thank you for taking us with you on your journey. 5 bluej511 bluej511 1 month ago Loving the long videos Mike. Looked so enjoyable even with the delays. 107 DownieLive Mandy Ellis Mandy Ellis 1 month ago I loved Will’s energy and I’m definitely in agreement for Alaska! That’d be awesome. 121 DownieLive Crusader1815 Crusader1815 11 hours ago Couldn't wait to see two big guys trying to share a roomette. I tried sleeping on the top bunk in one of those and had nightmares. Woke up in the tight space with no windows and had a panic attack from the claustrophobic little space, and I never get panic attacks. It's maybe big enough for a non-claustrophobic skinny child, but very uncomfortable otherwise. 3 John John 2 days ago Damn I was fully planning on watching 5 minutes tops, but I literally felt like I was apart of the trip and ended up watching the whole thing. Amazing content! 3 DownieLive Erica Gamet Erica Gamet 1 month ago I love seeing everyone getting so excited over the scenery and critters in Colorado! I'm from Colorado (but currently living in Seattle) and I forget sometimes just how spectacular it is. To me, it's just where family is and I often dread "having" to go visit Colorado. It's nice to be reminded that there are people who travel to visit the state... thanks for the shift in thinking and now I'm excited to go see my family in CO this summer! 49 DownieLive RueHudson RueHudson 3 weeks ago I’ve been waiting for the two of you to go on another adventure again. This is one of the best vlogs I’ve ever seen hands down. 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾🙌🏾 1 DownieLive Robert-Jean Ray Robert-Jean Ray 4 weeks ago As much as I have enjoyed all of your YouTube segments, this is my favorite. I appreciated how you found the positive in what most would have viewed as setbacks. The chemistry between you and Will was a pleasure to watch. Always looking forward to your next adventure ... maybe more with Will. 31 P V P V 4 weeks ago That looked so fun with Will. You two have a great chemistry. The smiles are contagious!! 35 Tina Duncan Tina Duncan 12 days ago You and will are too wild and crazy guys but I love it I love when you can be spontaneous and go with the flow. I would love to travel with you to on a train. I'm on a train in August, New York City to Miami Florida going on a cruise, but I am scheduled to leave two days in advance on the train. 1 DownieLive Larry Loveless Larry Loveless 2 weeks ago This may have been the most fun I ever had seeing a rail journey video on Youtube. Your enthusiasm for rail travel is why I once rode all the AMTRAK routes west of St. Louis to see The West in 5 weekend to weekend trips in the 2001 - 2010 timeframe. My wife went once and with her was the only journey with a long delay and it was all too much rail time for her, but I really enjoyed trips alone meeting other rail fans along the way. You sure got a great tip about stayig the night in Reno to catch the next day's Zephyr train since AMTRAK has the daytime scenery timed, but you did show me what Salt Lake City looks like in the daytime hours. I would say only the Coast Starlight from L.A. to Seattle rivals it and you may as well include starting off with San Diego to L.A. taking the Surfliner train along the ocean. That trip includes views of the Pacific Ocean and mountains as well. I am very familar with Chicago Union Station making connections and rode the Zephyr twice as part of those trips. For others watching, I recommend if doing one AMTRAK trip of a lifetime for a week taking the Zephyr from Chicago to Emeryville across from San Francisco. The next day taking the Coast Starlight down to L.A. that includes several hours along the Pacific Ocean. Then taking the Southwest Chief the following day back to Chicago through Arizona and New Mexico through red rock mountains. That was my first and best trip for diverse scenery in 2001. I also sure liked hanging out in the AMTRAK Superliner Observation Lounge car for the scenery and meeting other rail fans. I liked seeing all the food you selected. You made me hungry. Thanks for placing on Youtube. From St. Louis 2 Jedidr Jedidr 1 month ago Before you told us the guest I was chanting for it to be Will and it was! So excited for this 43 minute video. How you upload every Saturday and around the same time every week and always make an entertaining video with amazing music and always end it with “I don’t know where I’m going next but I know I want you there with me” always gets me excited for Saturdays. The best youtuber and always worth the 1 week wait! 29 DownieLive Fauzi Rahman Fauzi Rahman 3 weeks ago OMG what an awesome trip. Shame about the delays though. I think some of Australia's scenic trains actually do stopovers for local tours just so that each scenic views can be appreciated. But that's also where the issue is, it's purely a touristy train and not one that's also a service. 1 DownieLive John Fugazzi John Fugazzi 1 month ago (edited) That was a spectacular trip. I liked how you turned the long delay in Winter Park into something positive. Here's a coincidence for you: Dylan's Travel Reports yesterday was his trip on the California Zephyr from Chicago to San Francisco. That's timing. His train was only an hour or two delayed. 41 DownieLive Andy DeLay Andy DeLay 2 weeks ago It feels like I was with you guys! I can't wait for more! 3 DownieLive SniperShot SniperShot 13 days ago A beautiful journey .... the sudden ups and downs , the wonderful ppl on-board just makes it more beautiful . Loved this video ........ from India ❤️ 1 DownieLive Brady Brady 9 days ago You guys should totally do the coast starlight (LA-Seattle) it’s a lot shorter but the views are great especially from LA-San Luis Obispo. 2 DownieLive Sebby 324 Sebby 324 1 day ago You need to ride the Orient express you will love it it’s a train that goes from France to Italy it’s a very luxury train and has amazing scenery 2 Tony Campbell Tony Campbell 13 days ago You know what would be fun? If you hosted a group train trip from Chicago to San Francisco with 1 or 2 dozen Downie-ites. We'd surely get a group rate. You could lead a series of master classes on the Railroad experience and be a guide. 2 DownieLive Brandon Peniuk Brandon Peniuk 1 month ago Man, I love living vicariously through your lens. Thanks, Mike for taking us on your journey. Now I know what bucket list I need to do. The one trip I need to take is from Edmonton to Vancouver by train. I'm glad you have Instagram because I remember seeing you and Will on the Amtrak.

No comments: