Saturday, July 02, 2022

Fasting Your Way To 100 Years Old 256,893 viewsApr 28, 2022

6:42 / 16:33 #Fasting #Prognosis #BloombergQuicktake Fasting Your Way To 100 Years Old 256,893 viewsApr 28, 2022 5.5K DISLIKE SHARE SAVE Bloomberg Quicktake: Originals 3.17M subscribers Fasting studies suggest it can improve your health and lifespan. But one hurdle remains: very few people want to do it. Now scientists are finding ways to mimic a fasting state without actually fasting. #Fasting #Prognosis #BloombergQuicktake -------- Like this video? Subscribe: http://www.youtube.com/Bloomberg?sub_... Become a Quicktake Member for exclusive perks: http://www.youtube.com/bloomberg/join Subscribe to Quicktake Explained: https://bit.ly/3iERrup QuickTake Originals is Bloomberg's official premium video channel. We bring you insights and analysis from business, science, and technology experts who are shaping our future. We’re home to Hello World, Giant Leap, Storylines, and the series powering CityLab, Bloomberg Businessweek, Bloomberg Green, and much more. Subscribe for business news, but not as you've known it: exclusive interviews, fascinating profiles, data-driven analysis, and the latest in tech innovation from around the world. Visit our partner channel QuickTake News for breaking global news and insight in an instant. 433 Comments Default profile photo Add a comment... nealrutgerskid nealrutgerskid 2 months ago (edited) I feel the most important is to control your portion sizes, meal times, active life style and reduced stress. It's possible in towns in Italy where lifestyle is more relaxed and less complicated. Not sure if it's possible in a city or town that requires a lot of responsibility. 106 Joseph Capaul Joseph Capaul 2 months ago While intermittent fasting may not work for everyone, it was able to work for me. When I was 27 I was overweight by about 45 pounds. Between intermittent fasting by skipping breakfast and not eating until around 1 or 2 most days of the week and exercising I was able to lose 50 pounds and maintain my weight. As long as I skipped breakfast most days, I was able to eat anything and not gain weight. Didn’t know intermittent fasting was a thing when I started, but it made sense later how and why it works. Been fairly healthy for the last 3 or so years now. 70 Ed Rubio Ed Rubio 1 month ago Intermitent fasting is amazing. I do it daily without even thinking or planning for it. I work late night…wakes up at lunch then eat before 6Pm and thats it. Simple and less work 24 Fer Fab Fer Fab 2 months ago Being a descendant of one of those Italians that lived many many years, I notice these doctors talk about diet but never talk about the environment where they lived, the quality of the air, the lack of stress, and most important the work they have done throughout their lives. My father started working at the age of 6 because they were 7 plus the mother, was very poor and the father died young during the war. At the of 60 still, had more muscle development than many of us, and ran very fast. At 92 still working, he still has all his teeth, can drive very well, never had an accident, cycle, etc. any health problems, and eat like a teenager in development. Nor did he or any of my uncles had done fasting except for the time they had no food at an early age. 245 Me SJ Me SJ 2 months ago (edited) My father-in-law is 102 & mom-in-law is soon 97, they never have special diet. They eat traditional danish food and still not so sickly. One thing I notice is that they use their bodies a lot. They biked, exercised and walked. They trained until they're in mid 80's. So I think that eating natural foods and exercising is important for longivity. 59 David Jackson Jackson David Jackson Jackson 3 weeks ago Yes I practice I.F. but also the benefit I get is that I am healthy and feel a lot younger than my 70 years, in fact I feel better than I did in my 40s. 8 skylineXpert skylineXpert 2 months ago It depends on how you do it and if you do it with intent because you are depressed then it can quickly come out of control... 12 martin hawkins martin hawkins 1 day ago 20 hrs no food 4 hrs food ....3 months 35pounds lost... 2cold showers a day ....no smoke drink 30 yrs....78 yrs ..old feel fantastic 4 Ralph Cantrell Ralph Cantrell 2 months ago YES, fasting will improve your health and you should therefore live longer. 7 Alfred Robinson Pascasio Alfred Robinson Pascasio 2 months ago Fasting can make you live longer if only you love what you're eating and what you enjoy in life 14 Jay Flora Jay Flora 3 days ago I’m 37 years old. I’ve been intermittent fasting (14hr) since I was 17. So 20yrs now. I’m still the same exact weight. Basically the breakfast in my university hostel was so bad that I skipped it and now I haven’t had breakfast for 20 years. 8 jammin6816 jammin6816 10 days ago I’m on day 13 of a 21 day water fast. I’ve lost 20 pounds already and expect to lose another 10. I wouldn’t be able to do this without electrolytes and trace minerals. I also take vitamins B1 and B3. 3 kauigirl808 kauigirl808 8 days ago I believe just eat in moderation and stop with the junk food. Cut out the sugars. Portion control is also key. You'll live long. I don't even eat dinner. Just not hungry anymore. Once you adapt to the lifestyle, it gets easy. I don't call it fasting. I'm not doing it purposely. If I want a snack I'll eat. But I don't over eat like most people. We eat way too much food. 3 Stella Ng Stella Ng 2 days ago I think I end up fasting on my work Days. I don’t eat until I have time. So it’s 14 hours . I can usually drink water tea or coffee. Only until I get a break. DrSEO DrSEO 1 month ago It was a pleasant surprise to see the US funding fasting research! 13 Nedwin Lembar Hermavian Nedwin Lembar Hermavian 2 months ago Fasting is not only about holding our starve. It's more than that. It holds us back from anger, emotion, and desire. And the last one might the reason why people healthier and live longer. 🙏 34 Todd Radunsky Photography Todd Radunsky Photography 1 month ago That sucks. I've been intermittent fasting 16 hours a day for 5 years and now this guy is saying it might shorten my life which gives me anxiety. Very frustrating. 10 John Johnson John Johnson 2 months ago I have fasted everyday for more than 3 years. I eat 2 meals one at 12pm one at 8pm. I "cured" my GERD symptoms. 14 Ion Ymous Ion Ymous 1 month ago I'm ok with generally not abusing myself and dying between 60 and 110. If you think fasting is worth it, enjoy. 2 MrPanSzymon MrPanSzymon 2 weeks ago I think that western society makes one huge mistake, they treat everything as a kind of race. This diet is better, that eating pattern will make you healthier, IF, paleo, keto, vegan, whole grain etc. etc. But you can clearly see from those centenarians they have a very peaceful way of living, little stress, no races, no internet and media around them constantly. This is probably a very big part of it as well 5 SAM ZHU SAM ZHU 2 months ago I usually fast 10-14 days every year. It makes me healthier. 6 Young Yoon Young Yoon 1 month ago (edited) Fasting made me lose appetite for food totally resulting in dramatic weight. For while feeding myself became an act of work. It was scary. Have to be cautious. 4 Manny K Manny K 2 weeks ago Wait a sec, did he just say that the 16/8 fasting is harmful to health and can cut down a person's lifespan? I'm even more confused than before watching this. 4 Kristen Sorensen Kristen Sorensen 2 months ago No but it will seem too long. Quality is what matters. Being joyful really is the best. 6 Hiroko Morioka Hiroko Morioka 2 months ago What's the point of living long without friends and family members? My father who made it to 93 always said that. 15 peter henry peter henry 1 month ago Health span and strength/musculoskeletal is more important than just longevity! I don’t want to live to a ripe old age, say 100 or so, and be in a wheelchair or struggle with my mobility !!! 6 M s M s 2 months ago In India fasting is part of culture & tradition ! Once or twice in week for spiritual practices many do fasting 🔆 7 abdolhamed sharef abdolhamed sharef 1 day ago Such an amazing speaker djayjp djayjp 1 month ago (edited) Lol I'm pretty sure everybody already does a 12 hour overnight fast. 1 Z Z Z Z 2 months ago Watching this in ramadhan while fasting makes sense 111 zztop zztop 2 weeks ago This is so funny, many people say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and you say to skip it. lol 6 Ayman Salameh Ayman Salameh 2 months ago It's funny how the ancients without complicated science and methods knew what we're just discovering 13 Dr John Pollard Dr John Pollard 1 day ago (edited) Yes, it works for everyone. Question Answered. victoria man victoria man 2 weeks ago Because this is approached very scientifically it is also very reductionist. This only views things that are measurable, it does not take into account -purpose -spirituality -love and love of family - quality of life (lack of stress) 2 Gautam N Gautam N 1 month ago Indian sadhus (the real one’s) are already know this.. & they also survive more than average 1 Katie Bunch Katie Bunch 2 months ago I don't eat in the mornings. I found it made me nauseated. Now I don't eat until 2 or 3pm and it's actually caused me to reduce portion size and steadily lose weight. 2 Nobodyatall Nobodyatall 2 months ago Every time I hear to David, it kicks me in the liver. 3 Abdirizak Mohamud Abdirizak Mohamud 1 month ago Less chunk food more healthy life 😂😂 Peppe Ddu Peppe Ddu 2 months ago The Japanese are one of the population with the longest lifespan and they're not fasting. Something also to consider. 14 Adhitia Sofyan Adhitia Sofyan 1 month ago I would like to be healthy. Just not sure if i want to live that long...🤔 6 0000asdfasdf0000 0000asdfasdf0000 12 days ago There were a few comments made which I think is completely lost on pretty much most viewers. Eat plants and increase your life! But sadly hardly anyone is capable of switching to a full wholesom plant based diet. 1 Hiroko Morioka Hiroko Morioka 2 months ago Mahatma Ghandi was a strict vegetarian Belo going to Jenna Hindu sect. He got associated! Hari Krishna founder was a keen promotor of Vegetarianism. He lived over 80, but many meat eaters and junk food eaters also get over 80. The lifespan is precoded in one's DNA. 5 Kristen Sorensen Kristen Sorensen 2 months ago Why not study sharks that don't get cancer or giant tortoises that have a natural longevity? Genetics shows how adaptations evolve over time in population groups. Modern toxins are a terror and industrialism has lead to polution. 2 Jun Juther Jun Juther 1 month ago 8:58 because you can’t build a business around fasting they had add this statement 1 Артём Кушнеров Артём Кушнеров 7 days ago They just showed a few centenarians, who said they eat whatever they want and not a word about fasting, and then somehow magically connected this to fasting. Ridiculous. 1 Upright Ape Upright Ape 2 months ago (edited) Access to affordable (socialized) medicine for all citizens is the key. Capitalism in medical care is bad for your health. 12 w23857980 w23857980 1 month ago I don't wanna reach 100 years old the fastest. 1 Wendy D. Wendy D. 2 months ago I’ve seen those people doing keto and intermittent fasting together and aged so fast over the years, so I don’t know who to listen to anymore 4 MyLife MyLife 2 months ago (edited) Or, it could just be genetic. If you come from a long line of long lived people, the chances of you being long lived probably increase. 3 KMNL KMNL 3 weeks ago Community and environment is more important than food. Outliers, Malcolm Gladwell "The Town That Lived Forever" 1 Chim Chim Chim Chim 1 month ago Been watching this prognosis series and i cant help but be amused with human's obsession with avoiding death though they cause death everywhere. Yes I'm a cat. And i wont read your hate comments. 4 bananaman17 bananaman17 3 weeks ago A bit misleading to talk about centenarians who haven’t and don’t fast themselves… 3 joe snake joe snake 2 months ago I EAT 1 FAIRLY LARGE MEAL EVERDAY AT THE SAME TIME AND DRINK TEA ALL DAY THAT KEEPS HUNGER PAINS AWAY cool boy cool boy 2 months ago we should all just fast 2 out of seven days. 1 Bablu Zen Bablu Zen 2 months ago Longo seems to try to create a business here, by building a food delivery service... not saying his point does not have value... but there is more reason to be skeptical about a point of view when someone is planning to make money out of it... Dr. Sinclair on the other end seems to just share his research, his point of view does not seem to involve starting a business beyond him getting some air time... so to me, he seems to be a little more trustable source... 10 M&M M&M 2 months ago This video made me really hungry.....it's time for a double cheeseburger with bacon and extra cheese. 3 Umibrahim Ibrahim Umibrahim Ibrahim 1 month ago Do I want to live longer!! Sue Elliott Sue Elliott 2 weeks ago Who wants to live that long in this horrible world? I long for the freedom and transition of my journey forwards into the other worlds 2 Daha Solomon Daha Solomon 1 month ago Wait, 1. Intermittent fasting (not missing breakfast) 2. Don't over eat or "calorie restriction" ....So you basically want to follow Islamic teachings?? 1 Evgueni Polikarpov Evgueni Polikarpov 2 months ago If everybody lives to 100, most people will run out of money to buy food while they do, i.e. it all seems to work out in the end as it comes to not eating. But maybe Italy is different. 1 Mort Clinton Mort Clinton 2 months ago reading about people grabbing multi-figures monthly as incomes in investments even in this crazy days in the market, any pointers on how to make substantial progress in earning? would be appreciated. 1 edmondov edmondov 4 weeks ago Let’s accept the fragility of life and give space for younger generations. We need to stop being afraid of death. 4 Darshan K Darshan K 4 weeks ago We Indians have been fasting for 1000’s of years so learn from us , I being a 19year old eat only two meal a day ! Immortality Immortality 2 months ago Aging Michael Bloomberg is watching, waiting, grooming. 😅 At least he understands it. djayjp djayjp 1 month ago Sinclair definitely looks better than Longo. 2 MuantanamoMobile MuantanamoMobile 2 months ago (edited) This is absurd. Gentrification of hunger is now the new fad. In recent centuries, most people went without food (fasted) out of necessity so the poor barely had more than a meal a day after work and it was heavy with vegetables, fruits, nuts and sea food while the rich and nobles could afford sugar, sweets etc. So eating healthily has always been for the poor until the last few decades, where heavily processed foods are now cheaper than natural healthy vegetables, fruits and what not. 5 WM P WM P 1 day ago Walter - what are you referring to in regards to Daily IF? Tayeb l Mimouni Tayeb l Mimouni 2 months ago الحمد لله على نعمة الاسلام 🙏🏻🥰 6 Mufasa I Am Mufasa I Am 2 months ago If you need subjects to test fasting on why not test Muslims who fast every year? 1 Endi Endi 1 month ago As a Muslim, the religion is helping us to live healthier, but culturally we overeat which leads to a zero sum game. 1 somali option somali option 2 months ago (edited) Price be to Allah and may peace and blessings of Allah be upon prophet Muhamma most effective scientist ever lived I wonder while all the technological experience we have today are surfing for the sake of Allah's commandments Wig Wig 2 weeks ago A heavy weight in the field of longevity but he’s about 28 🤣 Cabdullaahi Bootaan Cabdullaahi Bootaan 2 months ago As a Muslim, we are in Ramadan. We fast from eating and drinking from the early in the morning and to when the sunsets. It has spritual and physical results that no one can deny. As our Islamic caliphate Omar Binu Khaddab said "We are people who don't eat until we get very hungery and when we eat we don't full our stomach." 5 Evan Hodge Evan Hodge 9 days ago Your cells have other ideas. They can only divide so many times. So, you make it, over 100, but can your body "make a fist"? Scott Gibboney Scott Gibboney 2 weeks ago Vegan comes up a lot on these kind of videos 🤗🙏 1 Maz I Maz I 12 days ago Muslim been fasting from dawn to sunset for 28 to 30 conservative days for each year. On top of this fasting on Tuesday and Thursday throughout the week helps a lot. This is Islamic tradition used for over one thousand four of years. 1 joe klingler joe klingler 1 day ago Great diet strategy for inflationary times… Aesya Mazeli Aesya Mazeli 2 months ago Also don't bother about fasting if you all gonna continue eating meat for the majority of your diet. All the longest living people are either vegetarian (not vegan) or mostly plant based with fish as protein source. 1 Ashraf Ali Ashraf Ali 2 months ago Alhamdulillah my religion made 30 days of Fast during Day time mandatory for the long 1400 yrs. 21 MrMexc MrMexc 1 month ago Islam has taught discipline and provided a pathway for longevity via Ramadan, the religious practice of fasting. I love this part of islam more than anything else and its wonderful to see research begin to backup what islamic communities and others around the world have been practicing for centuries. 1 Sabeer Abdulla Sabeer Abdulla 2 months ago This one's easy. 1. Fast twice a week from sunrise to sunset, not even water. 2. Don't fast continuously over days but break your fast every evening. 3. When you do eat, Eat only just enough to keep your back straight. 4. If not, eat a third of your capacity, drink a third and leave a third empty. 5. Dry fast a full month and ten days every year from sunrise to sunset. Source : Islam 🙂 12 Asad Asad 2 months ago Islam is the perfect religion as we Muslims are fasting every year for one month it’s very beneficial for our health 4 Pilot Pyrx Pilot Pyrx 3 weeks ago most of the centenarians never fasted in their lives, how do you explain that? 2 I stopped laughing I stopped laughing 1 month ago Eat 3 out of 1 of your stomach and be healthy whole life Bloomberg Quicktake: Originals Bloomberg Quicktake: Originals 2 months ago (edited) QTlogo Have you ever tried a fasting regimen? 🍖 If so, why? J LEW J LEW 1 month ago I DO ONCE A WEEK 24 HOUR DRY FAST. I T WORKS FOR ME. Sujata Garg Sujata Garg 2 months ago Depending on the fasting dietary supplements Christian Marriott Christian Marriott 12 days ago I fast everyday, between breakfast and lunch... 17% del 17% 17% del 17% 1 month ago 12:17 why is that? I fast every day. Is that bad? asf asfd asf asfd 2 months ago TL;DR: People that fast, live longer. 7 #SAVE_ THE_EARTH #SAVE_ THE_EARTH 2 months ago Japanese and koreans know the secret to live longer. 1 Nick Dannunzio Nick Dannunzio 2 days ago It will be interesting to see which of these guys lives the longest... I am betting on the second guy as the first guy doesn't look healthy... (do as I say not as I do. and he has a system of prepackaged foods like weight watchers. yuck) celia sennon celia sennon 2 months ago Thank you 1 Noah Schneider Noah Schneider 2 months ago The answer is we don't know yet but lots of people claim we do 4 David Ivan David Ivan 2 months ago I'm fasting 7 hours a day, should I lower? 1 Catalina Gomez Catalina Gomez 1 month ago The last thing I want to do is live to 100 3 Mr. Bob Dobalina • 93 years Mr. Bob Dobalina • 93 years 1 month ago For shame, this is a 16 minute advertisement 2 Adam Shaw Adam Shaw 3 weeks ago 11:17 the powerhouse of the cell Thế Hoàng Nguyễn Thế Hoàng Nguyễn 2 months ago Eat less and you'd have more time to enjoy life, literally. 3 Guan Han Guan Han 2 months ago Can i drink water while fasting? 2 WM P WM P 9 days ago Love to fast Anthony Anthony 4 days ago (edited) Fasting is great for mice but not humans, people don't do very well in poor countries with food poverty, their lucky to get past 50 years, your fasting as soon as you stop eating, cut your carbohydrates. David Crandall David Crandall 2 months ago My mom is 99 and will be 100 in October. She a small person and says she doesn't eat much. 2 Gacheru Mburu Gacheru Mburu 1 month ago Longevity is a function of many factors. Artem Bespyatyh Artem Bespyatyh 2 months ago Only positive thinking make your live longer. Believe me i live more 1000 longer years 1 Nurlan Mustafayev Nurlan Mustafayev 1 month ago Unlike Valter Longo, David Sinclair does not look like physically healthy, though. OfficialAalamjot Singh OfficialAalamjot Singh 2 months ago just go to the gym and lift weights eat the required maintenance calories 1 Jo Blackburn Jo Blackburn 2 months ago I like eating food and exercise. Wiggy Tjihenuna Wiggy Tjihenuna 2 months ago Not health advice but go check out Dr David Sinclair. Got some interesting views on this topic. Marco Fowler Marco Fowler 11 days ago Very interesting... abu jubayer abu jubayer 1 month ago Might i could reach out My desire AIM ASSIST 👍 Tantra dos Santos Tantra dos Santos 2 weeks ago 💙 Mike J Mike J 3 weeks ago Kristen brown at 4:35. Sounds like a high school student that googled what to say the night before 🤣 HydrangeaDragon HydrangeaDragon 1 month ago why would anyone even wanna live that long lol Cassie Oz Cassie Oz 2 weeks ago The cost of ProLon is prohibitive 1 Gigi Gigi 2 weeks ago Fasting is easy to do,not stressing is not specially now in this crazy world. J C J C 2 weeks ago Give up all forms of sugar….. biscuts bread all drinks with sugar cakes sweet ice cream chocolate, pasta rice carb’s because they convert into sugar. Very little carb’s Kenji Polk Audio Kenji Polk Audio 8 days ago That old lady just showed you vegetables and soup. IKEMEN Osaka-ben!【大阪弁】 IKEMEN Osaka-ben!【大阪弁】 2 months ago Let's all do Ramadan together 9 Tank Go Jet Tank Go Jet 1 month ago Long life has no value if you are not happy and not able die peacefully CHIRAG CHIRAG 2 months ago

No comments: