Monday, July 11, 2022

#Fast #Fasting #Healing The Science of Fasting | Free Documentary ,232,708 viewsFeb 1, 2021

#Fast #Fasting #Healing The Science of Fasting | Free Documentary 232,708 viewsFeb 1, 2021 Matthijs van Doesburg 6.11K subscribers Examines the growing interest in fasting as a treatment for cancer, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, and other diseases. Journeying to the Goryaschinsk Spring Sanatorium on the shores of Lake Baikal, in southern Siberia, the film shows how decades of secret clinical studies conducted by Soviet and post-Soviet doctors have led to new applications for fasting and caloric restriction. Shows case studies of liver damage reversal and arthritis mitigation at Germany's Buchinger Clinic, as well as the findings of an innovative gerontologist at the University of Southern California in Los Angeles. 00:00 The science of fasting 55:25 Credentials Author: Sylvie Gilman; Thierry de Lestrade; Jean Pierre Devorsine; Hester Wilcox; Helen Blazy; All authors Publisher: New York, NY : Films for the Humanities & Sciences, ©2011. Credits: Editor, Guillaume Qulgnard ; photography, Thierry de Lestrade ; music, HéleÌ€ne Blazy. Performer(s): Narrator: Hester Wilcox. Description: 1 videodisc (56 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in. Contents: Diseases of Civilization -- Goryaschinsk Spring Sanatorium -- Fasting program -- Acidosis crisis -- Ketone bodies -- Psychological hunger -- Experiments in fasting -- Scientific history -- Explanation of fasting effects -- Evidence of healing ability -- Fasting for liver health -- Buchinger Clinic in Germany -- Eating after fasting -- Buchinger method at public hospitals -- Fasting mechanism in animals -- Surviving periods of starvation -- Benefits of extreme caloric restriction -- Early stage of fasting trial -- Norris Hospital study results -- Cell protection mode and chemotherapy -- The science of fasting: epilogue. Responsibility: ARTE France ; Via Decouvertes present ; written and directed by Sylvie Gilman, Thierry de Lestrade ; produced by Jean Pierre Devorsine. 👉🏻 Follow Matthijs via: ▪️Instagram: http://bit.ly/InstagramMVD​ ▪️YouTube: http://bit.ly/idYouTubeChannel​ ▪️Website www.matthijsvandoesburg.com 📺 Learn more about Dr. David Berceli's Stress Relief Online Course at https://bit.ly/2QNP2yt 🚀 In this online class, you’ll learn about: 1 - The Science behind TRE and stress 2 – How to use this to release your stress naturally 3 – Walk you trough a guided TRE session with Matthijs 4 – Reflect with Matthijs on what exactly happened | A practical stress release tool for life! | 👉🏻 at https://bit.ly/2QNP2yt 📩 Contact ▪️ info@matthijsvandoesburg.com #Fast #Fasting #Healing Chapters The science of fasting 0:00 Credentials 55:25 474 Comments rongmaw lin Add a comment... CUMBICA1970 CUMBICA1970 8 days ago I've been on one meal a day for 20 years and I go fasting 10 days straight twice a year during the holydays. You don't realize the benefits right away but in hindsight the results are remarkable. In the last two decades not only I never got bedridden but I pretty much never had a migraine or a headache and I don't recall the last time I coughed a phlegm (maybe in the past century.) And in the meantime I see friends and colleagues suffering from whole host of preventable diseases like type 2 diabetes and cancer and going under gruesome treatments for years and years and often end up dead. And pretty much all of them are conformed because they accept that modern medicine is their best shot and if it can't cure them than nothing would. Such a tragedy (well, not to the big pharmas.) 188 Matthijs van Doesburg Justagirl Justagirl 2 days ago (edited) Very interesting documentary. I’ve always been interested in fasting and bought books on it when I was in my 20’s but never did really do it properly. Once or twice I did 3 days at a time. Looking back I wish I’d took it more seriously as I have been living with an autoimmune disease called lupus since I was 23. Now I’m doing intermittent fasting. I don’t eat from 6pm until 10am the next morning and when I do eat I eat a whole food diet. I’m definitely feeling better for it. I hope to do the occasional 3 day fasts. The suffering people go through when the answer is often in nature. Let the body rest from its constant work on digestion and it will automatically start its work healing the body. Best wishes to everyone and those that are sick I hope you find health x 12 Grace FRANSISKA Grace FRANSISKA 2 days ago It’s nice to see that in the other part of the world, fasting is a basic preventative act for certain disease and also a common thing you can do everyday, even when you’re not sick, without any prejudice. In where I live, fasting is like a taboo, like a must NO NO for any possible human. I wanna live with those amazing elderly and fast together😔 10 Carrie Palmer Carrie Palmer 4 weeks ago Loved watching this with all of the great information it contained! Thank you! You can fast for very short or long term periods. Just be knowledgeable and do your research first so that you know re-feeding is as important as the fast itself. It's an awesome experience! 37 Matthijs van Doesburg martin masadao martin masadao 8 days ago Intermittent Fasting has relieved me of my gout! The last time I had a gouty attack was 2017. I am 54yo, have stopped eating pork and beef since Sept 2020. I still eat eggs, chicken, dairy and fish, but my meals are mostly plant based. I still enjoy alcohol/beer. But with Intermittent fasting, i have never felt better. 79 Paul M Paul M 5 days ago I love these kind of documentaries. I tried fasting on a number of ocasions. I tried telling my friends especially my family and relatives about the benefits of fasting. but they don't believe me. They're still very skeptical. They still believe its not healthy not to eat. But eating does the opposite. Fasting not only will make u lose weight but its also benefit for your health 45 Lynnie Babes Lynnie Babes 7 days ago Wow! Such an eye opener! I’ve been intermittent fasting for around 5 years, it’s so refreshing to find there is scientific backing that fasting is quite definitely a healthy state to be in. 13 Mark White Mark White 12 days ago My status as of August 4, 2021: 59 years old, 5'6" 185 pound male with high triglycerides, high cholesterol, asthma, high blood pressure, chronic heartburn and mild arthritis. Every day my medications were (4) Pepsid AC, (3) Ibuprofen for arthritis, (1)135mg Trilipx for triglycerides, (1) 40mg Olmesartan and (1) 5mg Amlodipine for blood pressure, (1) Singular and Albuteral inhaler for asthma. Thats 11 pills plus an inhaler dailey. I started intermittent fasting and DROPPED ALL SUGAR DRINKS at the same time. After being on an intermittent fast schedule of 18:6 for a month the weight loss was unreal. I then looked into the science of autophagy and began fasting 48, 72 and one time 96 hours. Within 8 months my weight went to 133 pounds, I've had 2 sets of bloodwork to measure my chemistries and I no longer take anything. My blood pressure is 125/70 average, no sugar=no inflamation=no arthritis=no pain=no ibuprofen and my asthma totally dissapeared as I now run 2 miles every day with no problems. Fasting saved and extended my life. Everyone is different, I realize that but my experience in fasting was like I was on some sort of euphoric drug as I was in the happiest moods, full of energy and my productivity went through the roof. I'm now static by eating only one meal a day and I'm never hungry. Fasting WILL CHANGE YOUR METABOLISM. Throughout all of this the most difficult time was the first two weeks going through sugar withdrawals. I never knew sugar would cause withdrawals but it does. The only pills I take now are a multivitamin and a D3 K2 pill. I feel like I'm 20 again thanks to fasting. 181 Dorothy C Dorothy C 5 days ago This to me makes total sense - the human body is not designed to be exposed to food 24/7. I have just gone through treatment (surgery and radiotherapy) for "stage 0" breast cancer. I did not know that was even a thing. If I ever have to cope with any diease again I will definitely go the fasting route. 8 Queen afor Queen afor 3 days ago Im strong believer of fasting 💪 i hve been doing this for 4yrs all my illness are gone i feel happy, strong and young i have not have any illness or visit my GP for 4yrs. Our body is very intelligent if we can just listen to it... Try fasting your body will thank you.. 13 Emma Hardesty Emma Hardesty 1 day ago (edited) Fasting is ancient, logical, sound, and effective for healing many things. Leaves you feeling renewed, clean, wiser. It's a regular part of my life, now 74; taking no drugs for decades. Just try it. 3 rwg TruthseekerBeliever rwg TruthseekerBeliever 1 day ago Well I've been doing it for 40 years. When I was first diagnosed with cancer, my father who had cancer first, overcame it in part with fasting. Fasting works for me, for my weight, because I'm a natural fatty. Along with fasting I do a whole lot of other stuff that kills cancer. One thing I don't do is see a doctor. Especially cancer doctor 2 RAW FIT RAW FIT 4 months ago I almost died from pharmaceuticals and a 5 day water fasting turned everything around! I have had numerous life threatening encounters where water fasting is a miracle life changer.. plus I am already 50lbs underweight so I don't push past 2week durations for now. 50 Matthijs van Doesburg Guna Seelan Guna Seelan 2 days ago (edited) "at 16 he emigrated to the United States in the hope of becoming a rockstar, now he is a internationally renowned Biologist" 40:47 not often do you hear this in life 10 MrAbhinavsingh13 MrAbhinavsingh13 2 weeks ago Good to know benefits of fasting are being recognized the world over. 36 ZEVIL CALIK ZEVIL CALIK 7 days ago Thanks for this life changing documentary 🙏 It helped me so much to understand myself. 5 Francesca De Rimimi Francesca De Rimimi 4 days ago My late husband was a Doctor in Sydney Australia. He loved treating his Veterans from WW2. I remember him remarking about Government statistics of those Veterans who were captured, tortured and survived the Japanese during WW2. They were give 400-800 calories a day in work camps! What they ate was important rice and fish only to sustain their body as workers and have a living body for the Japanese to torture. This fast had a long term effect on the survivors body. 16 Aaren FourEver Aaren FourEver 5 days ago Another great thing about fasting is since the body doesn't have to digest food everyday, 3×/day, you can reserve your body's enzymes, & preserve a youthful outer appearance! 29 Robert Torrie Robert Torrie 4 days ago A magnificent documentary. ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT FILMS I’VE EVER SEEN. 26 Amazing Andrea Amazing Andrea 4 days ago I wake up with a wave of optimism every time I fast for more than 20 hours per day. It's worth it! 15 Matthijs van Doesburg harvindersekhon harvindersekhon 2 days ago One of most informative documentary, very important in every manner, excellent content. Must viewing for everyone. 3 Titus Abraham Titus Abraham 2 days ago As a practicing physician I encourage intermittent fasting. Effective for weight loss. 10 Deep Rolling River Deep Rolling River 3 days ago (edited) I had severe Covid brain fog. I cured it in one week by fasting. Not only that, my severe acid reflux went away. My energy came back through one meal a day WITH NO SUGAR CONSUMPTION. That 15 lb weight loss of fat was a wondrous side effect. 17 Dion Oliveira Dion Oliveira 4 days ago This practice is part of all of our ancient wisdom, as is the ability to listen to and heal our body. We have been turned into factories for billionaires and it is an exception to be at peace with oneself in a constant contradiction that is life. As we are more connected than the separatist dogmas propagate, we too have the ability to find our own rhythm, bless you and thank you for sharing this. 3 Wendi Layne Wendi Layne 4 days ago I was sick from over consumption. Finally I said f it. I was tired of being sick. I started fasting and started getting better! I have turned my health around in every way since. 14 NewPlan Man NewPlan Man 10 hours ago Thanks a million. I had planned to fast today (the first of three days in a row in preparation for an upcoming mandatory vaccination for work). I'm now encouraged. My vaccination will work twice as good now. Lawrence Tierney Lawrence Tierney 3 days ago There is a very interesting book from around the early 2000s and vids on YouTube, by a guy called Ori Hofmekler called The Warrior Diet. He’s a good speaker and entertaining. The basic idea is that ,in our dim and distant past, women, old men and kids would have spent the day gathering whatever naturally growing foods were available…grubs, edible plants etc while the men went hunting. There were no fridges etc…obviously…so you couldn’t make up sandwiches or snacks (😂😂😂) to sustain you in your work. So, the theory is that humans would just,naturally, eat in the evening when they returned from their various tasks. To me, that ,kind of, makes sense. Def worth checking him out. Just another example of how these new ‘fads’ are being recycled by ‘influencers’. 😂😂😂 Nothing changes. 5 Aaron Schwarz Aaron Schwarz 3 months ago This exceptionally interesting factual science about fasting life saving! Thank you so much for uploading it Mr. Doesburg 11 Matthijs van Doesburg Annie Bonannie Annie Bonannie 9 months ago thank you for uploading this. it has been scrubbed from most platforms in the USA. I watched it years ago and it changed me! 174 Matthijs van Doesburg Yønder Yønder 5 days ago Eating one meal a day+ fasting definitely changed my health and outlook on life. 8 carole patterson carole patterson 1 day ago IT was the first of May of 2022 and I had been reading about intermittent fasting on Dr beens podcast-- which I highly recommend. Dr Been gave us a reason WHY to fast which was-- autophagy. Auto meaning SELF & phagy meaning EAT-- ie the good cells eat the bad cells, including the spike protein that I foolishly allowed to be injected into my body twice with chronic side effects which don't seem to go away. Fasting did help my fatigue although I'm not at the level I was. Most importantly that one night May 1st I thought-- I WANT to fast-- and suddenly ALL desire for food left me. I do wish I'd gone on a 2 week or 3 week fast because something had clicked in my whole body-brain complex and I did NOT WANT food. BUT I had decided on the intermittent fasting of 16/8 and so I have been on that for the last 2 months. ONLY recently I sort of feel hungry sometimes but I refuse to let myself deviate from 16/8 and I think a 24-hour or 48 or 72 hour fast is in order. I remember a thought I had as a young 12-year-old which seems strange but it NEVER left my mind and it was the following: I came from a military family and dad was always being transferred so we were always in a car it seemed going from one state to another to a new job assignment constantly. Before I was 2 years old I had been in eight states living for very short periods of time with the family! THERE were times when I was a bit hungry because we couldn't get the food at the usual breakfast lunch and dinner times. I had NO problem with that and children really have NO problem with that but now we were sort of permanently in one place and I remember thinking to myself-- I'm NEVER hungry. I'm NEVER given a chance to be hungry. AND it was a sad thought and a sad feeling. THAT was the end of that thought as 12-year-olds have a lot of thoughts BUT it's stayed with me a half century or more and NOW I know why! Definitely humankind has gone without food-- maybe not on purpose or through desire of not eating-- but they have done so through necessity through the hundreds and thousands of years they have walked upon this Earth and like this wonderful video has explained --our body has adopted in a marvelous fashion and it actually made it such that it is an advantage to our body to have had NO food. I must say I envy though having the doctor present to give massages saunas and and watch that the body doesn't go into Overkill as the excretion of toxins occurs and the acidity of the body increases. In America we have NO such place to go to and I had a little trouble following the video as to places we can go- but I guess there is a place in Germany which would be easily accessible for Americans and then maybe STILL a place in Siberia, which actually after seeing a train's video on the Trans-Siberian railroad, is a place I really would like to visit-- unlike Moscow.. IF anyone has been to these places in Siberia or Germany, PLEASE do let me know. Thank you. Sydney Walker Sydney Walker 8 months ago (edited) I think that in some cases fasting would be as (or even more) effective than chemo, because after being reset, your body is able to deal with the cancer itself. Obviously the pharmaceutical industry would do everything in their power to prevent this from ever becoming a thing. 92 Matthijs van Doesburg apple tile apple tile 4 days ago 70, I have been eating one meal a day for about 40 years, not planned, it just happened that way. My weight has not changed...I' m 6 ft tall 180-185 lbs. People who have not seen me for 30-40 years, recognize me immediately asking me what my secret is for not aging. I don't eat or drink junk food. My blood work and pressure are textbook perfect. It must be the fasting that has done this. 27 penelope 2232 penelope 2232 3 days ago I have an autoimmune disease that grows fibrosis on all of my organs inside. it causes gasteoparesis issues. when I'm feeling backed up, I fast and go on liquid diet only for days, until it clears up and I feel better. another key is when you DO eat, don't eat anything processed or with preservatives in it 5 steven jabs steven jabs 2 months ago in cancer cells, fasting is a nightmare: the most precious words of this documentary video 76 Matthijs van Doesburg Lewis B Lewis B 2 days ago (edited) I knew about fasting since I was a child due to being raised going to church & attending "Sunday school" & reading the Scripture. But never understood to the reason why, initially, later I concluded it was a period of time set aside to make a spiritual sacrifice to mediate, pray, study the Scripture & praise God over pleasing the flesh with food, sex & vain entertainment. I still believe that's what a spiritual fast is for but now science is proven to lag behind Spiritual wisdom yet again seeing how thousands of years before this discovery people in the ancient world, particularly the prophets & those whom were taught by them have always practiced fasting. 2 Emily Owen Emily Owen 3 days ago (edited) It's lovely seeing everyone's successes thanks to fasting in the comments, but I so wish that this message would get out to all the poor souls stuck on the myserable tredmill of pharmaceuticals and poorly applied (and largely ineffective, long term) interventions like CICO. It's no way to live, and why would you if you knew about fasting. 3 wena mena wena mena 2 days ago My family needs to watch this. A simple 3 day fast won’t kill me lol 6 GABRIELE PARAVANO GABRIELE PARAVANO 3 days ago Thanks for making this amazing work to be shared. There I've found an interesting piece of advice. 1 Dan Bujor Dan Bujor 1 month ago A hard one written 2700 years ago: "fasting brings your health forth speedily" Isaiah. 58.8. 47 Matthijs van Doesburg ResidualSelfImage ResidualSelfImage 10 days ago Fasting for more than 16 hours switches the metabolism from glycolysis to ketosis and the immune system goes into self preservation and repair mode 39 BellAlex AnneAnna BellAlex AnneAnna 9 days ago At a young age i was diagnosed with RA, with fasting and more water, my pains are alleviated 7 Hasudungan Simanjuntak Hasudungan Simanjuntak 2 days ago Excellence documentary! I really love it charlie charlie charlie charlie 19 hours ago (edited) I recently did a 21 day Urine/Water fast, I actually had more energy and got lots more done. I lost 7 pounds the first week, 4 the second and 0 the third. I am not a large person and I am the same weight as when I was sixteen. Feel Good 1 krawl b4 Walking krawl b4 Walking 11 months ago Thanks 😊 Learned so much. 14 Matthijs van Doesburg Oscar Erroa Oscar Erroa 6 days ago The Best Documentary I have Ever Seen. God Is Good!!! 12 David Baker David Baker 4 days ago From the perspective of Christianity fasting is well documented. 10 Asipau Lasitani Asipau Lasitani 1 month ago (edited) Very interesting, thank you so much, I am going to fast starting tomorrow for 3 days, to loose more weight ...and I am looking forward to do that 7 Matthijs van Doesburg Luna Lunita Lunera Luna Lunita Lunera 11 days ago Awesome video, all we need is to be aware of what are we doing to our bodies this is the science I love to follow!!! not pharma 14 achsah kaleb achsah kaleb 3 days ago Thank you so much. Was looking for the documentary everywhere. I had it on my external and it broke. thank sooo much 1 Mimi Koschka Mimi Koschka 4 days ago I am a nurse in a psychiatry and I see that patients who stop eating get better in contact but we have to document their behavior of denying food as they are not compliant and therefore getting sicker. This is just wrong, but this is what we are told to do. 11 E E 2 days ago Science is so funny. Prophet Mohammad pbuh told us about the benefits of fasting 1500 years ago when He revealed the words of Allah in Quran. So people should trust the words been told 1500years ago and not in 2021🙂 5 hotdoggravy hotdoggravy 4 days ago Has anyone with kidney failure had any experience with fasting? Is it still possible? 1 Sab Sab Sab Sab 7 days ago Great material... thank you. Monica M Monica M 8 days ago Good information. Thank you for posting. 2 lou kal lou kal 1 month ago THIS IS SO AWESOME WHAT WATER CAN DO FOR HELPING HEALTH FOR SOME. 7 Matthijs van Doesburg Celio Vasconcelo Celio Vasconcelo 4 days ago Very educational. I enjoyed it ✅👍👌💪🇦🇴 Oyet Arnaiz Oyet Arnaiz 7 days ago If you want your prayers answered...Go fasting! 11 Debra Walker Debra Walker 1 hour ago Thanks for this. Confirms my suspicions of the current medical profession. Queen afor Queen afor 3 days ago I do intermittent fasting every day i eat at 6pm or 7pm then stay until 2pm the next day before i can eat and i dont even feet hungry sometimes i stay more than that. Also im a VEGAN!!! 5 Baebie Sakusa Baebie Sakusa 4 days ago I hope Malaysia has at least 1 centre for this medically supervised water fasting regime 1 VikingChamp VikingChamp 2 weeks ago Fasting and energy retention is key to better Life 6 Michel Ranger Michel Ranger 4 months ago Thank you for interesting info!!! 6 Matthijs van Doesburg equaleyez187 equaleyez187 3 days ago (edited) Studies have shown that the low cancer rates in the Middle East are (not only) due to fasting during Ramadan and low alcohol consumption, despite the high sugar intake. The elimination of sugar however with result in even better rates. 11 Cemora Slatten Cemora Slatten 3 days ago Great information I must fast for longer periods of time 1 omnipop omnipop 6 days ago So... can we get an update? This 2011 documentary is now over a decade old. Were the "further research" and "needed clinical trials" ever conducted? What were the results? 6 Bastian Bastian 2 days ago The reality is we humans are genetically made for scarcity. If you look at animals it is scarcity of food and shelter that regulates their organisms. Scarcity leads to motivation. Scarcity leads to animals hunting for food. Once they have found food, hormones regulate the organism, rest and digest sets in, sleep, sex. And the next day the game starts from zero. We live in a time where we have no more scarcity. There are countries where you don't even have to work, you still survive. Life has become easy. Somehow, you will make it. If you look at homeless people, they are in some aspects actually healthier than some of us who "have it all". They don't suffer as much from allergies. They don't suffer asthma. Their immune systems are incredibly resilient. The human organism NEEDS challenge. The human organism needs struggle. Cold weather. Food deprivation. You name it. But if we have no more external struggle. If we becomd civilized and settle, then the organism tends to attack itself. And hormons tend to deregulate. Choose struggle. 1 The New Marketers The New Marketers 7 days ago "For Cancer cells, fasting is a nightmare." 13 Starsalignment Starsalignment 1 month ago I’ve currently just completed a 24hr (light) water fast, due to acute lower back pain. Already I can feel an improvement. I will have one small light zero sugar meal and continue w/ another 24hr fast to hopefully eradicate this pain. 26 Matthijs van Doesburg Neon Youtobe Neon Youtobe 11 months ago Thanks for Uploading this 👍🏻 11 Matthijs van Doesburg Saran Bhatia Saran Bhatia 3 days ago Body can self heal as a result of great design ! Deep Rolling River Deep Rolling River 3 days ago I do 24 to 48 hours fasts all the time. Absolutely no sugar or additives. Just beautiful clean meat and salads. No fruit. 1 Gigi Longtime Gigi Longtime 1 day ago I’m going to try this. I’m tired of struggling with weight my thyroid is also acting up and I’m in recovery from surviving from breast cancer chemotherapy really did a number on me I’m still very over weight and I need to try to do this. I pray God gives me strength to help myself I want to live and willing to do anything reasonable. Monica Larson Monica Larson 7 days ago "Evolution itself has programmed us to cope with depredations". Profound statement and fact. Meaning the healing has power POWER has ALWAYS been within ourselves. D. S. D. S. 5 days ago Everyone, try it, start with 24 hours and with time get to 21 day - it's miracle. 5 Kieren Jacks Kieren Jacks 8 days ago i have converted to being a orthodox christian and fast 5 months during the year, meaning eating no animal products only plant based dishes and fish but not always. Feel great. 1 FairytaleFilmmaker FairytaleFilmmaker 7 months ago The Bible has advocated fasting for thousands of years but 40 days was always the maximum duration. Jesus himself began his ministry years with a 40 day fast. Beyond this would be starvation and even Jesus had a recovery period after completing his fast. After viewing this video 5 or 6 years ago, I completed a 7 day fast with just water, vitamins and relaxation. I may do it again this year to see if I can clear up some allergies. 32 Matthijs van Doesburg FAISAL CIRCLE FAISAL CIRCLE 12 hours ago In Islam Ramadan is the month of fasting, it is almost 30 days from dawn to dusk keep away yourself from eat drink and wife. 1

No comments: