Friday, May 27, 2022

What To Do If I Have Covid 19? Treatment and Recovery at Home

What To Do If I Have Covid 19? Treatment and Recovery at Home Fundraiser 1,941,738 viewsJul 11, 2020 Dr SMART team 19.5K subscribers Do you think you have symptoms for coronavirus? Do you wonder what to do if I have covid 19? In this animated video, we will discuss about isolation, treatment, monitoring, and recovery of Covid 19 at home. 8 out of 10 COVID patients will have mild disease that can be managed at home. Learn how to take care of yourself or your family member at home. How to monitor symptoms? When to go to hospital? What medicines to take? How to do home isolation and quarantine? How to keep others safe? and, When to return back to normal activities? Ask Dr. SMART!!! We all have a role to defeat Coronavirus, TOGETHER. Dr. Smart team educates about health & diseases in a simple, easy and fun way. We want people to know about common diseases, what are their signs and symptoms, how are they treated, and when to seek help. Our goal is to empower everyone through health awareness based on accurate and authentic information. Stay healthy and help others stay healthy! Subscribe to our YouTube channel and check out our channels in other languages. Follow us: Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DrSmartTeam/ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dr.smartteam/ Twitter: https://twitter.com/DrSmartTeam Visit out website: www.drsmartteam.com EDUCATE. EMPOWER. EXCEED 3,222 Comments rongmaw lin Add a comment... Air Elegant Air Elegant 10 months ago Today I'm diagnosed with Covid-19 too. Hope everyone who infected get well soon with a speedy recovery. We can go through this together. 🙏 💪 3K Dr SMART team Problematic Society Problematic Society 4 months ago (edited) 19 years old, tested positive, fully vaccinated, and only had minor common cold symptoms; sore throat, runny nose, and fatigue. Nothing to worry guys, your body has its urge to fight against covid-19. Thank God I'm feeling alright now. God bless everyone. Edit: I do take medicine, and already felt fine as ever. It gave me a conclusion to know I was in the midst of panicking in this time of the pandemic. 502 Julio Arciga Julio Arciga 9 months ago I’m on day 9 and I still feel absolutely terrible. The worst thing for me is the cough and not able to eat. I threw up last night. This virus wants to stay but I’m holding strong. We are in this together and you are not alone. 678 bangtanxtogether bangtanxtogether 6 months ago (edited) i just tested positive for covid. i did everything in my power to keep myself safe (got vaccinated, always wore a mask, etc) and i still got it. let's hope for a speedy recovery and whoever gets it, please stay safe and recover fast!! 💞 522 Elon musk Elon musk 1 year ago Thank you Jesus, after 8 days of complete loss of smell I got my smell back and back to normal.. praise the lord. 950 tweakerb99 tweakerb99 5 months ago I’m a 17 yr old who tested positive and I am extremely scared. These comments really assured me that I’m not alone in this. Let’s hope for a fast recovery! 👏🏻 208 Alex Z Alex Z 4 months ago I just recently tested positive for Covid 19 and I think the worse part of it (for me) has been the anxiety. I just have to keep a positive mindset and fight through this :) happy other people can share their experiences too. I’ll keep you guys updated. 201 Jxydenplays Jxydenplays 1 year ago (edited) Thank you guys for all the positive notes and messages 💛. The doctor just told me I’m better now and to watch out in public places. Thanks all those messages helped heal and uplift me. Thanks ❤️💯‼️ 956 Ocean_ Waves Ocean_ Waves 1 year ago (edited) My family also tested positive. My dad, mom, me and my 10 months old brother. Hope everything will be fine! I will give you guys an update if we will ever recover from this! <3 UPDATEEE : After suffering from 15 days we finally tested negative❤ It was a rough period damn. But in our whole family there were no severe case maybe we were just lucky. But it depends on people not everyone's case is similar so guys try to be safe from this virus! And if you already have it then DON'T PANIC I said DONT PANIC all you gotta do is watch movies,eat,sleep no stress okay? And Thankyou everyone! 277 Balaram Balaram 1 year ago (edited) I pray for everyone's recovery who is suffering from COVID Please pray for my loved ones too...pls 1.5K Dr SMART team exile exile 1 year ago I didn’t take covid seriously and now that my loved ones may possibly caught covid I’ve realised how serious it is. I pray for everyone here. I’m so sorry what you have to go through. 494 M H M H 11 months ago 1. Most important don't panick 2. Get right medication at home after consulting with ur general physician. 3. Don't stop eating even if you can't eat or dont feel like eating. Eat fruits veggies, proteins like meat fish egg. Eat dry fruits. Just never stop eating. Eat a little in very 1-2 hours. Even if you have fever much dry fruits after taking paracetamol. 4. Boil 2-3 malabar nut leaves(basak pata)if available and drink the water with honey. It works like magic. Drink lots of ginger tulsi bayleaf tea 5. Drink lots of water in intervals 6. Don't use thermometer or oximeter too much. Stay away from it if possible. It will make you more stressed out. Use it when needed utmost, not before that. 7. Do gargling with warm salt water thrice a day. Do it for atleast 21 days 8. Be patient. Symptoms will go away gradually. It will just take a little time. 9. Dont forget to complete your antibiotic course. 10. Eat something in every 2 hours. Its very important. 11. Take steam thrice a day. 175 Kaira Nicole Kaira Nicole 1 year ago I just tested for it and I’m positive. My symptoms are just like normal, mild cold symptoms. I know I’m going to get better❤️ 168 Bari Alovis Bari Alovis 4 months ago I tested positive. Symptoms are almost gone in 3 days. I eat a WHOLE FOOD nutrient dense diet and exercise and I think this helps a lot. also sleep!!! And meditate. Tell your body you will be okay, and thank you for taking care of you! I use a humidifier to help with the dry air here, and take ginger , elderberry , other immune boosting ingredients. I’m eating chicken noodle soup & smoked salmon with crackers. Maybe oats. Best of luck to everyone 🙏 95 Hyper Music Hyper Music 8 months ago Currently battling covid 19. It's awful. Chills, headaches, full body pain. My Stomach is everywhere. Can't see to keep food down if I eat a lot. Hope everyone else that is battling makes it through 88 Marco GC Marco GC 11 months ago For all the people suffering from covid 19 and other viruses, may God bless you and heal you, Amen. 312 Dr SMART team Ansherina Murillo Aguilar Ansherina Murillo Aguilar 9 months ago I'm on 11th day of Isolation but 26 days to be exact. I am also worrying and having anxiety attacks but thank God, my prayers makes me at ease. I am praying for everyone. Please whenever you feel like you aren't feeling well, don't overthink, just get tested and if you do have Covid-19 monitor yourself and avoid overthinking. Just say, "In the most powerful name of the Lord, Jesus Christ, I declare full and speedy recovery. I cast all my anxieties and worries to you Lord." Try reading the bible and listening to the words of God. They are the words of comfort. Keep safe everyone! Whatever happens, believe that we are all already saved by God. Salvation has been attained by His grace, through our faith, and in Him alone. Believe that everything we ask for prayer, we already received it all! 🥰❤️ Fighting everyone! I am here, although I don't know all of you, we are all in the same situation. God is greater than our fears, He is the best doctor, I'll be praying for everyone! 53 Just me Just me 4 months ago I’m 13 and my dad is sick. I caught it from him. I have a sore throat and had a minor head ache. I just threw up. I also got my period and that’s just peachy. I hope everyone is doing much better! Keep your head up high while we fight COVID together! <3 12 Holly Angelique Tan Holly Angelique Tan 9 months ago Our family tested positive yesterday. Together, let us win our battles. 254 Dr SMART team J S J S 1 year ago (edited) I have it for a fact not think I have it. I'm positive in my test for covid . Feel like I'm starting to come out of it. My first symptoms were unbearable headaches. Then body was aching like hell. Can't forget the chills brrrrrr. It's been a week or less and feel like I'm coming out of it. My advice just sleep alot, eat a lot, drink Tylenol for pain as needed. I drunk a lot of water infused with the emergency vitamin c packets buts I also craved a lot soda . And nyquil worked for me. Funny thing is that they say that this virus defeats the vulnerable but I'm a TBI survivor patient due to a gun shot to head so my immune system is weak and I over came it you can too. 549 Freya Olivieri Freya Olivieri 11 months ago (edited) Day 5 after testing positive for COVID. Backaches, my whole torso feels like it’s on fire, I could draw a map of pain on my body...bad cough and painful throat. After 4 days of high fever it’s finally starting to break. COVID is truly no joke. Wishing everyone who is sick a speedy recovery... this disease is something else... stay safe everyone. 69 Cộng đồng Zeta & Alpha Cộng đồng Zeta & Alpha 9 months ago Our country, Vietnam, is in the midst of stressful days against the covid-19 pandemic. Hospitals in some major cities are overloaded, patients are advised to isolate and monitor at home. This video is very helpful. Please allow me to use this video with translation into Vietnamese so that more Vietnamese can access, understand and apply what this video teaches. I pledge to cite the source so that they can access the original. Thank you very much! 10 Black Swan Black Swan 1 year ago A week before I tested positive, I was having mild persistent abdominal pain on the upper left side. 3 days ago, started having sore-throat and fever. Tested positive for corona yesterday. I'm somehow managing the symptoms - with salt water gargles 3 times a day, steaming 3 times a day, hydrating myself with hot water, and medicines. I hope it is managed fine. 67 sarah taylor sarah taylor 6 months ago Just got diagnosed with COVID-19 today. I have awful acid reflux right now, a headache and sinus issues. At first I thought I was just having sinus issues but then I went and got tested and the results were positive. Please say a prayer for me and my family! 34 Divyansh Saini Divyansh Saini 1 year ago Stay strong peeps! We are in this together! Eat healthy, isolate yourself and take rest! ⚡❤️ 44 smallblue08 smallblue08 4 months ago (edited) Im 18, unvaxxed and have severe anxiety. My grandma who lives with us just tested positive today, all her worst symptoms passed and shes recovering but im pretty sure the rest of my family now has it. I'm mostly worried for my mom as shes asthmatic and old. I hope everyone turns out okay. 13 Jane Alias Jane Alias 5 months ago (edited) I am 59 and had a difficult case. My teens had mild cases, and my 5 month old grandson had a scary temp of 106.2 F for a few hours but was asymptomatic (he got it first from wedding guests who did not wear masks - baby spread it to the rest of us because we did not realize he was contagious). The virus is sensitive to heat, so I let the fever burn (if you can tolerate it) to kill the germs. I took one baby Aspirin a day to prevent blood clots which others my age warned me about. But otherwise I did not treat the fever. I even took hot baths for body aches and steam for my cough - but DRINK to avoid dehydration - water, vitamin water, pedialyte, or GatorAid. Cold chocolate Ensure and soup for protein. Most things had no flavor - apple juice (hot or cold), apple sauce, Ginger Ale, and jello were good. Starve a fever, feed a cold - Don’t eat heavy meals that are hard to digest - vomiting messes up the electrolytes. Some people get it more in their gut with vomiting and diarrhea and claim beer helps kill the virus in the intestines. Mine was in my lungs. Steam (vaporizer), Vicks Rub, Halls cough drops helped. DO NOT TAKE A COUGH SUPPRESSANT - you need to cough it up. Take an expectorant if mucous is hard to cough. Change positions when resting so mucous doesn’t settle in (clog) lungs - ask your doc to prescribe an antibiotic - the virus causes mucous that bacteria can collect in and lead to pneumonia. Blood clots and pneumonia are serious issues from CoVid - best to exercise as tolerated, get fresh air, change positions (lay on your stomach), and get plenty of fluids. I was already on a Serotonin reuptake inhibitor (antiDepressant) which I think avoids shortness of breath. Of course, Vitamin C and D and Zinc. But around day 5, I wanted to go to hospital, but they were full with 60 people in ER. I was able to get the “I” med (used to treat infections and parasites in humans and farm animals) that the FDA will not approve, and it helped even at a very low dose. I took it for 3 nights, felt better and forgot to take it, but when I stopped improving, I took it for 3 more nights. I can’t identify any side-effects. I’m not sure if I would have avoided the hospital without it. Hint: my pulse oximeter ($20 Amazon) readings were not reliable. Mostly 88% to 94% - but if I switched fingers am held my hand low and warmed them up, I could increase the number - I didn’t feel light-headed so I think maybe my fingers had poor circulation, but I tried to take deep breaths (and cough) often. Seven out of eight of us got it like dominoes (probably from baby or before symptoms showed up) so it made more sense for the healthy person to stay clear of the sick. Eventually he (my husband) got an antibody test that showed he had some immunity (from a previous exposure during a business trip???) I hope my immunity will protect me from future variants. Mostly docs are not helpful for early treatment - mine was reassuring and did prescribe an antibiotic for my cough when I asked for it, but otherwise advice from others who had already been through it (and my own common sense and nursing background) were the most helpful. 12 Andy Claudio Andy Claudio 4 months ago Blessings and good health to all of you! I’m on day 6 of symptomatic Covid- finally got my take home test yesterday and was positive. Chest congestion, body soreness, nausea and no desire to eat. Yesterday was the worst, but I seem to be improving with mucinex, DayQuil/NyQuil and pain relievers. I pray this kicks soon. Good luck to you all! 10 Benjamin Benjamin 5 months ago Thanks. I got diagnosed positive, and this has been helping me a lot. Let’s get through this together, we got this. 💪 10 Jessica Grams Jessica Grams 8 months ago I just had Covid in the beginning of August. I have never been so sick in my entire life. Just to compare, when I was 10yrs old, I had the flu and pneumonia at the same time. That was nothing compared to Covid! I've been clear for almost 3wks, but every now and then, I feel exhausted. I also have heart palpitations and I get short of breath. Sometimes I wonder how long these symptoms last. I feel really lucky that I made it through. 41 Emily L. Emily L. 5 months ago Returned positive today. It was very upsetting for my partner and I. I’ve had symptoms for 3 days so far. I think the fever’s finally broken tonight. Sore throat from constant coughing and not being able to breathe fully. I find I can’t talk to people on the phone long as I get breathless. And then the loss of taste and smell. And sheer exhaustion. Hoping tomorrow I’m on the road to recovery. Eating nutrient dense food is KEY. Fruit,, especially berries and citrus, whole grain bread, avocado, eggs and other omega rich foods. Shakes and lots of liquids will help your body fight this. 13 Julianaaa Julianaaa 5 months ago i just got my test results back and i’m positive… i can’t taste or smell anything. I’m not guna lie, this is pretty scary 😰 i hope i get my taste and smell back so i can enjoy my food😭 i pray that anyone else with covid-19 has a fast, easy recovery❤️‍🩹 stay safe everyone! 55 Ice Beeaaru Divina Ice Beeaaru Divina 1 year ago I am doing this for my mom. My birthday is coming up so I really want to celebrate it with her. I also have covid-19. I hope we both get recovered. God Bless 🙏 110 Vinz Vinz 4 months ago tested positive today... thankfully just some minor cough and my elderly parents are negative (was more concerned about them than myself)... we'll all take tests again after a week of my isolation and hopefully they'll still be negative and i'll be finally clear as well... to all you guys who also got diagnosed, stay strong, get the proper information and do your best on how to not infect anyone around you... focus on treating your symptoms during isolation and everything should be fine in a week or two 👊🏻 2 Tony Tony 3 months ago (edited) 65 years old, super healthy and got covid. I had no symptoms with 19 but then got Delta. Delta felt like a regular flu. Got past it in a few days and actually I have more energy now, strange. Also, I am not vaccinated. Hope everyone gets well soon. 😉 8 txbsFn txbsFn 1 year ago (edited) I defeated COVID 😁 860 P P 4 months ago From 2 days my Mom was feeling feverish at night time, and day time was very normal. Today got her tested and report is positive.. No fever nothing.. Doc said 3 days of medication and she will be alright... I pray for each and every being suffering from medical problem.. May you all heal and come out strong from whatever you are going through.. My prayers🙏🤞💐 1 CageCat CageCat 10 months ago Well, I was diagnosed positive for covid today after showing symptoms of a runny tummy, headache, fever, body aches and coughing yesterday. Now comes 10 days isolation. Awesome. 18 Tanya Tanya 9 months ago me and my family have covid. personally i’ve never felt so bad in my life. i’m self treating until i feel the need. we are all in separate rooms and use masks at home. 20 Chickenzrule Chickenzrule 4 months ago (edited) I never thought I would have to look for this video. I did everything I needed to, socially distanced, wore a mask everywhere, got the vaccine the day after it was made available for my age group, as soon as possible, and cleaned surfaces regularly. I haven’t even left my house in over 2 weeks and I still got it. My mom just got a positive test result thanks to my dad, who never wears a mask and is the only one in my family who is not vaccinated, and now my whole family is going to get it. This is what misinformation about safety precautions has led to. Of course it was the only non-competent person in my family who was the one to get it and ruin it for everyone else. Thanks, father for the New Years gift. I haven’t had any covid-like symptoms yet except for a small cough that is barely there, and some other allergy-like symptoms, but I know I’m actually going to get it any day now and its not going to be good. I hope it won’t be too bad but I’ll see what happens. P.S., thanks for the advice for living in a small home, I live in a very small house and social distancing isn’t as possible because most people in my family sleep in the living room and we only have one bathroom👍 16 चड्डी बोई चड्डी बोई 1 year ago I'm just 13 Now And I'm suffering from covid-19 I hope I would recover soon and I'm panicking too much because my parents are very precious for me and I don't wanna lose them I'm now home isolated alone 😭 382 Gabriela Montenegro Gabriela Montenegro 4 months ago I completely lost my sense of smell and have been feeling under the weather for two weeks with cough, headache and nausea. Feels like it’s never going to go away. Praying for a speedy recovery. 6 Priscilla Davis Priscilla Davis 5 months ago I'm 8 days in , fully vaccinated and it's been rough my house was all tested positive the pain in my legs are the worse ...praying for everyone ...praying for a better day 13 Diana Escobar Diana Escobar 4 months ago My parents and I got covid at different times. Luckily my symptoms are mild. My nose still gets congested at times which I been taking Mucinex which has help me a bit. I’m very worried for both my parents especially my mom. She says her chest feels tight and heavy, bodyache and her taste and smell is starting to decrease. I don’t know what to do. IDIOT SANDWICH IDIOT SANDWICH 5 months ago I tested positive a few days ago. The worst feeling for me is not being able to breathe and being exhausted. I did have some chest pain from coughing so much but it wasn’t persistent so I think I’ll be okay. I’ve been taking mucinex, NyQuil and DayQuil, lots of water and tea and ate some cheese crackers and soup today. I took a shower as well. I was unable to handle the hot water. I had to take a lukewarm shower. Temperature is hard for me. I feel better when I’m freezing cold and start sweating under even a sheet. If it gets worse I will call my doctor or even go to the hospital but so far I’m managing just fine. My whole household is quarantined and I feel horrible for forcing them all to stay home. I am however a little angry because... I’m a hairdresser and these parents don’t care.. they bring their deathly ill children in snd im forced to service them. I’m almost 100% sure that’s where I got this from. If your kids are sick KEEP THEM HOME. If you are sick, stay HOME. This is coming from a service professional that gets sick all the time cause people don’t give a flip about me or my other clients. It isn’t fair. 1 Faraz. Mohammed Faraz. Mohammed 1 year ago My mother got covid positive so please everyone pray for my mother and everybody who is suffering or got positive due to covid19. 312 Ikay Robles Ikay Robles 6 months ago 5 out of 6 in the family tested positive, I hope we can recover soon and defeat this Virus. I'm only 18 years old and I currently experiencing loss of smell. What I'm afraid the most is my grandparents because they're too old and my grandfather have asthma and diabetes. 5 Emily Dworkin Emily Dworkin 4 months ago Got a covid, had two days of pure heck then the fever broke. Now 2 days later I’m stuck when a terrible cough. Yea and rest is my best friend. Prayers and thoughts for aafe recovery for everyone! ❤️ serena serena 1 year ago my mom works in a factory and she just tested positive. I'm now feeling lots of back aches which I never get. I'm getting tested tomorrow so we'll see! This sucks especially during finals week I have so many assignments to do 83 Zeku Zeku 6 months ago (edited) 1. We can use treatment and isolation to protect us and other from getting Covid 19 and take good rest and drink fluids to keep us hydrated 2. Some precautions we can take at home are proper home isolation tips for patient's and family to open window to allow air circulations and use a mask and 6 feet away from others and if your by yourself you don't need a mask and use a separate toilet if you only have 1 toilet then wash the surface that has been touched and wash hands at all cost 3. We should wash our hands when 2 shazia bashir shazia bashir 1 year ago Me and my brother are self isolated without being tested since 5 days. We are recovering with every passing day but sense of smell and taste is lost which is v annoying. The problem is it’s my wedding on 19th may. May Allah help us get well soon and prevent others from this disease. Ameen 4 Itzdat.kim_ Itzdat.kim_ 4 months ago Me and my two younger siblings tested positive for covid, but we hope to recover . I hope everyone infected with this virus recovers. 2 X_NotMara_X X_NotMara_X 9 months ago I just got my Covid-19 test today and I’m unfortunately positive. So to anyone out there please stay safe and be brave. 😔🙏 9 Fruitalicious R Fruitalicious R 1 year ago (edited) May the Almighty bless us all . Stay strong and safe everyone.🙏❤️💐 Those who are positive , may they recover soon and hope everyone don't fall into this covid -19 from today onwards. 18 Chris Chris 1 year ago I was diagnosed with covid at 9 this morning. I went in thinking it was a pollen allergy because a week prior I had to get a test done and came back negative so my plan was to go in and get some meds to solve it. Since my symptoms were related to covid they wanted to make sure. This test came back positive and as the days go on it’s only getting worse. All started 3 days ago 1 Julie Madriz Julie Madriz 4 months ago Day 6 of having covid just retested and came out positive I have mild symptoms but it’s still weighing heavy on me hopefully my body can fight this off cause I’m getting so weak and tired of this 1 Agung Wijaya Agung Wijaya 5 months ago Thank you so much! I got covid symptoms 4 months ago and I got this video, I do all your advice and protocol. Thank God my family and me are OK until now. Just thank you so much! 6 Dr SMART team 「ᴏᴛᴀᴋᴜ」 「ᴏᴛᴀᴋᴜ」 4 months ago (edited) I tested positive for covid today. My age is 12. Right now I am ok.i hope people like me who have covid gets well soon 👍🏻💜 We can fight this together 👭 7 Unknown Unknown Unknown Unknown 8 months ago Im on my 6th day of isolation. Symptoms are mild and getting pretty well now thank God. 13

No comments: