Monday, May 23, 2022

David Sinclair Interview - World Leading Longevity and Harvard Genetics Expert | Lisnic 481,740 viewsDec 16, 2020

David Sinclair Interview - World Leading Longevity and Harvard Genetics Expert | Lisnic 481,740 viewsDec 16, 2020 Lisnic 10.1K subscribers David Sinclair, one of the world's leading longevity experts and Professor in Harvard Genetics Department, join Nick and Lisa for an interview in this latest episode of Under The Covers. Connect with David directly through https://www.lisnic.com/ . David Sinclair is also the author of "Lifespan: Why We Age And Why We Don't Have To". The Harvard-based scientist shares his top tips for living longer and gives us an update on how science is currently working on turning back our body clock. Connect with David on social media here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sinclairda/ Buy David's book here: https://booktopia.kh4ffx.net/c/255930... (use the code LISNIC10 to get 10% off any books in our edit) If you liked this David Sinclair Interview or to keep up with Lisnic on YouTube don't forget to SUBSCRIBE: https://www.youtube.com/c/lisniclearn... ________________________________________________________________________________________ Lisnic helps you find the perfect Business Mentor in minutes. Just list your job for free and Mentors from around the world can bid. All sessions are conducted via video conference through our secure platform, so you can now upskill and change your life anytime, anywhere. Sign up now: https://www.lisnic.com/ If you want to know more information on the founders of Lisnic, head to their LinkedIn accounts: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nickbelle ... https://www.linkedin.com/in/lisateh/ If you are curious about what is going on inside Lisnic and want some updates, follow them on social: Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lisniclearning Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lisniclearning/ YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/lisniclearning Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/3ZPhX0J... iTunes: https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast... 1,257 Comments rongmaw lin Add a comment... marc wayne marc wayne 1 year ago Thank you David. I’ve been on a one meal a day essentially meatless diet since my early 20’s because it was the only way I was able to lose weight and keep it off. When I was 50 I herniated a disk jogging on old sneakers (Ive since learned you’re supposed to change your sneakers every 4 months to avoid back injuries if you jog regularly). Eventually I required back surgery as I kept reherniating the disk. Anyway, when the orthopedic surgeon came in to speak to me after seeing my x-rays and MRIs, he said I had the spinal structure and bone density of a 29 year old man. He was astonished and said when he met me initially he thought I was 34 . I have never been sick before or since then and continue to do martial arts and work out every day. I remain at 145 lbs, my college weight. 68 FireOfSinai DDS FireOfSinai DDS 9 months ago I love this guy. Explains the "why?", Practices what he preaches, if he doesn't have the answer for something he doesn't start making crap up. He also seems to have a genuine passion for what he is doing and not trying to horde his findings for himself or the super rich 35 Belle Hamilton Belle Hamilton 2 days ago It's difficult to evaluate something with no visible consequences, but the research points to a positive outcome. It's probably best to utilize while you're under physical duress. This product has met my expectations in that it has made me feel more energetic in the morning and throughout the day since I started using it. I'll keep taking Vitruvin Health Anti-aging supplement since it keeps me energetic throughout the day. Sonrie Siempre Sonrie Siempre 10 months ago Thank you guys, great interview. I love you Dr Sinclair. Thank you for all you do and for sharing your knowledge the way you do. Blessings! 💞 22 Gigi9909 Gigi9909 11 months ago Excellent information dispensed as always! David Sinclair is at the forefront of just what we want to learn about! 14 SomeRandomGamer SomeRandomGamer 8 months ago my great grandpa lived to be 103 and he was gardening and walking a mile everyday right up until he died of pneumonia. He did a lot of weird things that people called him crazy for but here we are roughly 10 years later and I am seeing real scientific evidence back up some of the things he did. Truly amazing how older generations figured out some of this stuff on their own through trial and error and simply listening to their bodies. My grandpa always said hot cold treatment made him feel better and sure enough it was quite literally keeping him alive longer. 80 Niso Levi Niso Levi 1 year ago I like David Sinclair for extending lifespan for everything about the theory and practice of the experiments he is doing with his team and explanation about digital and analog of DNA! Unbelievable! He has a great experience in this field! Thank you David, helping us understand his experience! The only thing I can't understand is that in one of his transmissions in you tube, he answered that the Sun is dangerous too for short periods of time! Is it exact? Are there experiments about this? In Albanian language is a proverb: Where the rays of the Sun go, the doctor don't! What about the energy that human skin absorbs? I will be glad to have an explanation about this! Thank you anyway for the horizon you are widening to us! 23 Peter Xuong Peter Xuong 11 months ago My grandaunt in France lived until about 105 & passed recently. She gave advices, walk & nap 😴 also eat less like 1-2 small meals a day. Her daughters are in their late 80’s right now & are active & healthy. 142 Shelley Huskey Shelley Huskey 10 months ago I love David! He is so practical, but also because he tells people the why behind the what, so they understand the details and have the full story. I hope I live as long as he does because he is probably just hitting his prime!!! 6 SANDRA Sotero SANDRA Sotero 1 year ago Thank you for this interview. I love David Sinclair. I too am so happy he exists and using his life to benefit all of us!!! 37 Cools Vanloo Cools Vanloo 1 year ago Thanks for your invaluable insights into the human body and how it works. With this trend medical information we will go to the doctor to discuss our health rather than to find out what is wrong. 8 jackgoldman1 jackgoldman1 4 months ago (edited) My doctor retired and nailed it in eight words. Exercise, lose weight, eat whole food, avoid chemicals. Avoid processed food, tobacco, alcohol, poison. Reduce it. Losing weight is number one for best health. We have bad diet and sedentary life in America, very harmful to health. We have 100% control on our diet and weight. Eat less, eat better, lose weight. Maybe eat one meal at 4PM. Very easy to do. Live well. Simple, simple, easy logical advice. Grandmother wisdom. We know what to do. Trouble is DOING IT. 13 Amy D Amy D 1 year ago He’s also such a humble and down to earth person. 113 Jack Young Jack Young 6 months ago I was doing his advice by mere chance when I was 15 years old. Still, I am doing, and I am 34. He is right on that, skipping 1 or 2 meals a day. I am like in my 20s by looking at my appearance as told by many. 18 Pamela Jean Preston-Brown Pamela Jean Preston-Brown 11 months ago I am so very grateful for your format of presentation and information you provide!🙏🏼 1 Steve Bracken Steve Bracken 11 months ago Accepting new ideas enough to learn things that work. Never rest on your ‘laurels’, keep learning. Too many doctors don’t consider new possibilities because they stay with what they were originally taught decades ago. 27 Kimberly Kay Kimberly Kay 5 months ago My great grandpa lived to his late 90s and the only reason why he died was because he fell and broke his hip and in the hospital contracted pneumonia from being stuck in the bed. And he passed away not long after that. I’m curious to know how much longer he would have lived if he hadn’t broken his hip. He was very alert and orientated and healthy, he walked a mile every day, and just really loved life. 7 Iqbal Zaidi Iqbal Zaidi 1 year ago David Sinclair is my favorite expert of longevity. My favorite topics to study are Anti-Aging, Longevity and Reverse ageing. I am a retired senior citizen in my 70s leading excellent post retirement life in Canada. I have been following lot of tips of David like taking resveratrol, intermittent fasting, voting D etc.and feeling good. 25 Emma Philo Emma Philo 4 months ago Being a scientist is such a great career! 3 Vegan_OMAD _no1 Vegan_OMAD _no1 1 year ago What a great interview, I've been doing without fail 1 year and 199 days of plant based eating only one meal a day in a row so could live for quite a while. 30 AKAEME IKECHUKWU AKAEME IKECHUKWU 11 months ago This is really surprising, keep up the good work 🙏🏾 3 LW LW 8 months ago (edited) I'm so thankful that even though I'm his age I don't have any of the health conditions he has (i.e. high cholesterol or high blood sugar). That said, cancer is something my extended family has had (usually due to smoking). Some things to watch out for is the risk of exposure to pesticides, herbicides, radon and other forms of radiation. Also, anything that you take that encourages cell growth also encourages tumor formation, so it's something to consider when taking supplements and medications. I still think exercise and strength training (e.g. walking, push-ups) will always be a key component to health no matter what they say about future supplements that are supposed to make it unnecessary. 6 Dana Labreck Dana Labreck 10 months ago The key is being in tune with your biology and how it speaks to you as with pains and aspirations and I truly speak and live this through my many trials and errors being here 62yr + thus far, finding the sweet spot that propels your cells to rejuvenate (sleep, food, exercise) from head to toe can defy the odds for most anyone. 4 Retro Hiros Retro Hiros 1 year ago When I was 32-33 all my co workers legitimately thought I was 25. From 18 to 33 I exercised and ate 1 to 2 meals a day, then I moved in with my gf and had to do the whole quarantine thing for a year now I look 34 wtf so if you want to look young don’t move in with your gf 290 Noozet Aslam Noozet Aslam 1 month ago Oh wow, if this can fix eyes that’s amazing, I had a stroke and my right eye was damaged and so I cant see at the bottom of my right eye, hope that can heal my eye, look forward to hear more about this! 👍🏼 1 Aaliyah Lee Aaliyah Lee 1 month ago Longevity is definitely people's choice. If you want to live long, work for it.. For me, I after watching Dr. Sinclair's NMN reviews/discussions, I felt relieve that it's now possible to slow the progress of aging.. lol I've been a devoted Vitruvin NMN taker and 'til now, I don't have medical problems.. I am enjoying the benefits it gives me every single day. 1 bill stephens bill stephens 11 months ago William Arnold Pearl is an American retired professional bodybuilder and athlete, currently 90 years Old and counting. Mr. Albert "Al" Beckles former bodybuilding Champion, 83 years old and counting.. Jim Arrington is the world’s oldest male bodybuilder from California, USA, still working out at 88! years old. Former India Bodybuilder Manohar Aichi died at the age of 104 ! years old. Francois Henri "Jack" Lalanne was an American fitness and nutrition guru, died at 98! he created the "Jumping Jack" exercise etc... 4 Simple Man Simple Man 4 months ago I actually follow David for a quite some time, but now I'm just in awe of his book shelf. Looks lovely 6 My NMN Experiment My NMN Experiment 1 year ago Thanks very much for this interview, as always David Sinclair was very interesting. 31 stargazerbird stargazerbird 10 months ago (edited) NMN makes me feel great and changed my grey hair back to mouse. I recommend it as you get past 50. Running has definitely made me feel hugely better in all areas of life. I guess I already ate well but taking up running and weights is the fountain of youth. The getting off the floor test is fun to do but do bear in mind that the length of legs vs torso can make that more difficult to do for your tall friends. I can do it with no hands or knees sometimes, always with one hand. The secret to all that is to do it every day. Keep trying and those key muscles will respond. Never get up off a chair with help from your arms. Keep challenging your muscles. 5 LivingTheGroovyLife LivingTheGroovyLife 1 year ago Great interview!! I just love David Sinclair and you two are lovely! 💗 18 Rotor Blade Rotor Blade 1 year ago Skipping breakfast helped me, get in a good shape. I work night shifts and that’s more stressful for the organism. Ar some point I had intermittent stomach pain even during the night that wouldn’t go with any medication. The problem was the stomach didn’t have time to recover because of frequent carbohydrates intake (cookies, cereals) which promotes candida (switching to the agressive form). Also at some point after eating it’s better to drink some water to clean the upper tract. I also cut snacks, bread and reduced cereals to minimum. Another thing that helped was eating less meat and skip eating it a few days a weak Now I’m back to the bad habits btw, but I will try to resume the diet. 17 H Kim H Kim 7 months ago Around 15:00 mark is where he goes into detail about what he takes. 36 Eric Mallet Eric Mallet 1 year ago (edited) In facts, science proves that muscle is one of the main factors of longevity. So, working out to preserve muscle is very healthy. However, it doesn't mean that bodybuilders that only live for their sports will live longer but it means that preserving muscle with regular exercise and healthy habits will. 36 Steven Lucks Steven Lucks 7 months ago I have added NMN to my diet per Dr. Sinclair and my candle age is 70, but based on my DNA test I am 63 - I like this direction. 1 CrazyGaming CrazyGaming 10 months ago I have been fasting for 900 years, this really works guys. 180 Ralph Morgan Ralph Morgan 7 months ago I was reading about the potential benefits of CRON and the known benefits of exercise when I was twenty. Didn't stop me ending up overweight and unfit as I approach 60. If only extending healthy lifestyle was really as simple as popping a pill every day ;) Back to the old diet and exercise 'to do' list... Sandy Sawyer Sandy Sawyer 10 months ago My mother-in-law is 91 and still works 4 days a week in Plumbing Dept at Home Depot. After finding she has cancer, she switched to keto diet, instantly started feeling better. 8 Vic Toria Vic Toria 10 months ago What a happy and hope-giving interview. Can't wait... 25 Norbitek25 Norbitek25 8 months ago I always tried not to overeat. I would love to do some research on longevity and test new products. I'm 40 and trying my best to keep young. 8 Whiz Whiz 8 months ago 20:58 And as opposed to most health gurus - with Dr.Sinclair you can clearly see that he practices what he preaches. He doesn't lose hair, his face looks unchanged during these 5 yrs I've been watching him on YT. While many other "dietarians" have deteriorated visibly. 3 Thanks Again Thanks Again 11 months ago Monk fasting had changed everything for me! Thank you DS. Overcoming the big crims in charged makes you a super hero. 1 Europa Europa Europa Europa 1 month ago I'm not really young at 73, however, I was able to stand up from a legs crossed sitting position on the floor without using my hands. 1 NJM NJM 6 months ago My mother is 98, pretty healthy and very lean. She has a glass of red wine at lunch and maintains social interactions. 6 Keith Robinson Keith Robinson 10 months ago When ever i start following some one on line in the end they have always let me down one way or another but I have followed David for years and I just think he is the best keep it up fonze of thehealth world 7 Ameer Zaheer Ameer Zaheer 5 months ago I m a muslim and I fast 30 straight days during the holy month of ramadan every year.Islam also encourages fasting for two days in a week around the year.every now and then i come to know the worldly benefits of things that islam supports.when i perform ablution before prayer , it is like cold therapy in winters at least, for five times a day.it is a compulsion in islam.our religion instruct us to eat less ,wake up v early in the morning,take a little nap after lunch and for men to expose their ankle and lower part of our legs to the air(not to cover the lower part of legs with clothes i.e something similar to what david do in the night not to cover his whole body).there are a lot more things to be said in this regard.one more thing we all need to give more respect and time to our parents.not waiting for the science to prove it right.and for david i must say he has a great personality and he is doing greater than most of the scientists we all know about.i think he is serving the humanity in the best manner 12 Steve Baldock Steve Baldock 11 months ago Great video, thanks so much. Do you know if the guy standing behind David ever found that book he was looking for? 12 ID ID 1 year ago Just glad to hear this info. On a vegan diet for 16 years and skipping breakfast and lunch works best for me. There is so much emphasis on importance of breakfast consumption, but it has not worked for me. Thank you! 1 David Lubotsky David Lubotsky 4 months ago It's about activity. For example gardening, that is digging, raking, bending, cutting for hours burn calories. Having a few roasted nuts, eating a banana or sweet potato, greens. Fasting is fine, skipping meals is fine. It's about knowing your body. As a rule, don't eat if you aren't actually hungry. If your not very active then eat less. 3 V Phoenix V Phoenix 1 year ago Dr. David Sinclair is born to save the world. 14 Jasper Dale Samaniego Jasper Dale Samaniego 4 months ago I think the key to longer life is having purpose 4 loreta prenz loreta prenz 2 months ago (edited) Grazie dr. Sinclair ❤️ Lawrence Anderson Lawrence Anderson 11 months ago While extending longevity always seems to be the holy grail, quality of life is my personal goal. Keto, IF, & exercise have done just that. YMMV. 11 Sarah Terry Sarah Terry 3 months ago Kudos for being able to participate in the interview with the incessant giggling from one of the hosts 1 Christopher D Christopher D 11 months ago I love this guy. Thank you Dr. Sinclair for being who you are. God Bless #keep fighting the good fight 1 Lila Allen Lila Allen 8 days ago I like your information Very good and encouraging Bu Jin Bu Jin 11 months ago I eat every other day. It's awesome. It's really not hard at all to go without food. It's far more difficult, for me anyway, to try to eat less when I eat than to just not eat at all, and then eat what I want when I do eat. The other thing I've found is that the continuous fasting also help me be more moderate, as something about the fasting resets your natural desires. 42 Steve Stelly Steve Stelly 3 weeks ago (edited) when a Dr who is over 50 years old and looks like he's 16 gives you advice on anti-aging... you better pay attention. Lis Engel Lis Engel 1 year ago How fast you walk is a sign of how well you are doing. 87 FolkeBernadotte2 FolkeBernadotte2 4 months ago I remember years back they were talking about a new American general in Afghanistan who eats one meal a day. And runs 7-8 miles daily. His subordinates commented: yeah he eats one meal a day, but he eats it all daylong. 5 Manuel Ojeda Manuel Ojeda 1 year ago I LIKE DAVID FOR HIS HUMBLE ACTITUDE. 10 Annita Baladron Annita Baladron 10 months ago Blessings from Miami Florida. He looks 20 years younger he looks 30 his face without wrinkles. No gray hair. I want to buy his book for me and my family. 100% 3 Bitcoin Belle Bitcoin Belle 11 months ago I had no idea I was helping myself with longevity when I was in college and eating only one meal a day as I worked at a steak house and sacrificed breakfast and lunch to afford nice shoes and handbags. 😂 12 Punky Noodle Punky Noodle 1 year ago Absolutely shocking to hear that people are taking a big pharma drug, metformin, to think it’s going to make them feel good. Shocking. Are there any undisclosed conflicts of interest between this person and the manufacturer of the drug? 7 CaptainRP CaptainRP 4 months ago These facts all confirm that the one who created man is the best scientist, artist ,etc. David Tay David Tay 3 months ago After I took this thing I concocted, I was wondering what happened to my health before I reached my present age. Perla D' Leon Perla D' Leon 7 months ago Be kind and care for others and you will see how long you will stay young. 6 Anthony Sirianni Anthony Sirianni 3 months ago (edited) Idk what to say. I'm pretty much in perfect health and 53yrs old. I did a 36hr fast "just because"....had severe stomach pains that radiated out to my kidneys....all for NO reason. Whatch what you're doing guys. Just be careful...eat good. Exercise and get sleep. The rest is up to genes. 1 Nero Nero 6 months ago I'm 27 and if I live long I'll be looking forward to David Sinclair's age by years Eva Nielsen Eva Nielsen 10 months ago Speaking of grey hair I am 61 now and have only about 7 or 8 grey hairs. I have been taking B complex that includes PABA 8 Rhonda Smith Rhonda Smith 11 months ago The skinny little grandmas in nursing homes are the minority in our obese country. Having worked in long term care, I can attest to the stress and injuries caused by caring for bariatric people. 25 Hyperlapse NL Hyperlapse NL 2 months ago Tip 1: Allah swt desides when life starts and life ends Amin !!!! 1 Charles D'Souza Charles D'Souza 10 months ago Very nice, wonderful talk on long life. Eating less, good habits, prayers, breakfast, lunch, light dinner, save money, invest , become rich, help poor, no smoking, vegetable, fruits, nuts, fish, less meat is better, red wine is good, daily walking , daily half an hour yoga, exercise is necessary, less food controls weight. Thsnk you very much for nice n wonderful video. God bless. We follow your suggestions n try to live long 90 to 100 years. 90 to 100 years is with good health is more than enough for each person. W is you all the best, happiness, good health, peace, prosperity, good long life, place in heaven those who watch this wonderful video. 3 Naomy Schölling Naomy Schölling 1 year ago Excellent chat! Thanks!! 6 greycube greycube 4 months ago Living longer is great but i really want immortality. I hope there's a breakthrough before i die. I'm 42 now. I'll try to stay healthy for 20 years. Science should have something by then. 2 Christian Murillo Gutiérrez Christian Murillo Gutiérrez 1 year ago Hola! Sería tan amable de trad

No comments: