Tuesday, May 24, 2022

The Science of Keeping the Brain Healthy | Lifespan with Dr. David Sinclair #7 211,453 views Feb 16, 2022

#DavidSinclair #Longevity #BrainHealth The Science of Keeping the Brain Healthy | Lifespan with Dr. David Sinclair #7 211,453 viewsFeb 16, 2022 6.8K DISLIKE SHARE DOWNLOAD THANKS CLIP SAVE David Sinclair 186K subscribers In this episode of the Lifespan podcast, Dr. David Sinclair and co-host Matthew LaPlante dissect the topic of brain aging. They explore evidence suggesting that the brain ages more slowly than other parts of the body and highlight how cognitive function is impacted by aging. Different interventions aimed at preserving brain health are also discussed, including a plant-based diet, exercise, metformin, NAD boosters, and sufficient sleep. #DavidSinclair #Longevity #BrainHealth Thank you to our sponsors: Athletic Greens - https://athleticgreens.com/sinclair InsideTracker - https://insidetracker.com/sinclair Levels - https://levels.link/sinclair Our Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/davidsinclair Lifespan book: https://amzn.to/3sUqurT Lifespan podcast website: https://www.lifespanpodcast.com Dr. David Sinclair Social: Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/davidsincla... Twitter - https://twitter.com/davidasinclair Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/davidsinclai... Stay up to date with David's work to democratize biological age testing and insights: https://www.tallyhealth.com Matthew LaPlante's Social: Twitter - https://twitter.com/mdlaplante Timestamps: 00:00:00 Introducing Episode Seven: Aging of the Brain 00:04:39 Thanking the Sponsors 00:07:38 Ex-differentiation as a Driver of Aging 00:09:22 The Brain Ages Slowly 00:14:17 Cognitive Function and Plasticity 00:17:44 Three Longevity Pathways: mTOR, AMPK, and Sirtuins 00:23:26 Plant-based Diets and B-vitamins 00:28:32 Homocysteine, Plaque, and Vasculature 00:32:35 Fatty Acids 00:35:48 Physical Activity 00:39:14 Metformin 00:46:02 NAD Boosters 00:50:33 Increasing Blood Flow 00:53:20 Sleep 00:58:02 Overall Message: Keep your Brain Healthy 00:58:50 Next Week’s Episode and the Future of Medicine 01:01:21 Options for Subscription for Support Links: The cerebellum in the brain ages slowly: https://bit.ly/3JC9CLL Neuronal cells have a lower epigenetic age: https://bit.ly/3HVZsVA Sirt1 regulates aging in mice: https://bit.ly/3sGZPNC Mediterranean diet and brain health: https://bit.ly/3uUpYuL Mediterranean diet and dementia risk: https://bit.ly/34Igp7H Aerobic exercise improves executive functioning: https://bit.ly/34Dv5oJ Exercise and mouse models of neurodegenerative disease: https://bit.ly/3516IRn Strength exercises elevate the expression of BDNF: https://bit.ly/3GTLqCs Metformin enhances cognitive ability in fish: https://bit.ly/3sLtWn2 Alzheimer’s disease and metformin: https://bit.ly/3GSdTJ5 Metformin use correlates with a reduced risk of dementia: https://bit.ly/3GT0KPO NAD boosting and Alzheimer’s disease: https://bit.ly/367C2P2 ALS, nicotinamide riboside, and pterostilbene: https://bit.ly/3Bm2VKN Vascular aging and NAD in mice: https://bit.ly/34Uemgx In mice, overexpressing Sirt1 in the brain extends lifespan: https://bit.ly/3HNRyh3 Sirt1 ameliorates amyotrophic lateral sclerosis in mice: https://bit.ly/3LvUWiO Sirt1 protects against Alzheimer’s disease in mice: https://bit.ly/34KZXUe Sirt1 and neuroprotection in a mouse model of Huntington’s disease: https://bit.ly/3BqymDJ Sleep loss reduces lifespan in flies: https://bit.ly/3Jt6BgA A single night of sleep deprivation increases amyloid-beta: https://bit.ly/3uSNGaU All-cause mortality correlates with sleep duration: https://bit.ly/3rQl14f Please note that Lifespan with Dr. David Sinclair is distinct from Dr. Sinclair's teaching and research roles at Harvard Medical School. The information provided in this show is not medical advice, nor should it be taken or applied as a replacement for medical advice. The Lifespan with Dr. David Sinclair podcast, its employees, guests and affiliates assume no liability for the application of the information discussed. Title Card Photo Credit: Mike Blabac - https://www.blabacphoto.com Special thanks to our research assistants, Adiv Johnson & Sarah Ryan. Chapters Introducing Episode Seven: Aging of the Brain 0:00 Thanking the Sponsors 4:39 Ex-differentiation as a Driver of Aging 7:38 The Brain Ages Slowly 9:22 Cognitive Function and Plasticity 14:17 Three Longevity Pathways: mTOR, AMPK, and Sirtuins 17:44 876 Comments rongmaw lin Add a comment... J2.A.M.p Thomas J2.A.M.p Thomas 3 months ago I don’t typically comment, but wanted to confirm that I appreciate Matt’s role (cohost) in this podcast. He tends to ask the very questions I have as a listener. 233 19Jetta 19Jetta 3 months ago I know I say it almost every week, but thank you again for doing this podcast. I am aware it takes your time and effort and no doubt you have lots of other things you could be doing. This is just an incredible resource! 135 mitch becker mitch becker 3 months ago Main takeaway, "Without a functioning brain, we are really quite useless." -Dr. David Sinclair. 95 Sheila Bella Sheila Bella 3 months ago What a great episode! Thank you both! I have to agree with the others who commented that MATT’s role in this is KEY! I never comment but I just had to say how I have an easier time learning this stuff because of his participation. 23 sciencensorcery sciencensorcery 3 months ago Folic acid is not B-12. It's the synthetic form of folate, which is B-9. Many people are unable to properly utilize folic acid and need to take folate — but some people also need that folate to be pre-methylated. And others can react poorly to methylated folate (I experienced this myself a few months ago and the effect was staggering). It's a bit complex but worth looking into before you supplement (or if you start and don't take to it well) so you know which form you need! 120 Ceci Palacios Ceci Palacios 3 months ago Great podcast! As a 68 years old my focus in healthy aging! Thus, I completely agree with Dr Sinclair said that we need to take care of our brain not only for us but for our family as well. 33 SirGolfAlot SirGolfAlot 3 months ago (edited) Dr. Sinclairs' videos are an inspiration. I was exercising, fasting, eating right, and taking supplements until the spring of 2020. Time to get focused on longevity once again. 8 Jeana Shchuchinov Jeana Shchuchinov 3 months ago I love your podcast, I can’t get enough. I was happy to hear you are going to have a season two lol 24 Pops Pops 3 months ago I feel so blessed to have found this podcast at 24, thank you both tremendously🤟🏻 26 Sunshine City Personal Training Sunshine City Personal Training 3 months ago Really enjoying the progression of these, excited for the next episode! 22 Mohandas Gandhi Mohandas Gandhi 3 months ago "Today we'll be talking about the most important organ in the body, the brain." -David's Brain 63 HardForking HardForking 3 months ago The best podcast I've found. You guys are fantastic, please keep this going. I've followed David's works for a number of years and put him right up there as one of the best humans we have on this planet. 16 Claudette Sechler Claudette Sechler 3 months ago Just look forward to your podcast..it is so innovating and love hearing about the wonderful things about the health field that I can apply to myself! Just wish I could have dinner earlier instead of later but it is a special time to enjoy a great meal, glass of wine with my hubby and chit chat, laugh, listen to great music..that’s a great health fix for me!! 4 T.J. Robertson T.J. Robertson 2 months ago I look forward to watching these podcasts. Thank you for sharing your life’s work 💙 Stephen Young Stephen Young 3 months ago As an extremely busy professional and getting a little older, I enjoy learning about avenues that could help keep me optimizing my overall function/performance. Great podcast and the 2 hosts work really well together. 3 Shelley Huskey Shelley Huskey 3 months ago David you are a special person! Thanks for everything you do. I have learned so much from you and your books. 5 Alice Clark Alice Clark 2 months ago Thank you for making this podcast. If you guys continue with the podcast, I would greatly appreciate further elaboration on this topic. I am only 29, but my brain has deep white matter lesions, which are very uncommon at my age, but very common in the elderly. If you guys could explore the research on this topic, it would be greatly appreciated. I've been looking into as many papers as i can find on the topic, but I don't have the same access to the journals that you have. Thank you Sandra Thomas Sandra Thomas 2 months ago I was extremely impressed by this podcast. I learned a great deal of new things. I would love for you to follow up another podcast series. Dusty Carpenter Dusty Carpenter 3 months ago (edited) I love this casual, engaged and authentic conversation. I'm more a creative writer/philosopher than a scientist. But I thank god for good scientists like these two. I think we're coming into a better age -- the age of conversation (which has always been my greatest teacher), wherein the sound bite media slowly, and quite painfully, dies. 5 Frances Torrey Sirdevan Frances Torrey Sirdevan 3 months ago Best podcast ever. Love and appreciate the work you both and your team do and share. Thank you all!! A question about fasting for David: what do you prescribe for your children? Is one meal a day your recommendation to anyone of any age? If not, what age do you recommend starting that protocol? Additionally, I wanted to share that algae oil is a perfect vegan EPA/DHA source/supplement that circumvents the fish oil route. In fact, it’s what the omega 3 rich fish consume too! Highly recommended! 3 Calvin Scott Calvin Scott 3 months ago Thank you guys so much for doing what you do! It’s really mind opening learning from you Mr. Sinclair. I have one question that you may be able to shed some light on. Is any kind of intermittent fasting acceptable if one is missing their gallbladder? 1 Isabelle Ebel Isabelle Ebel 3 months ago Thank you so much for this great podcast! would like to know if it is ok to take Metformin and Resveratrol with the same meal all at once or would this reduce/inhibit the positive effects? 5 Jane Lessa Jane Lessa 3 months ago Special thanks to Dr. Sinclair for delivering true science to our homes. I love neuroscience, so this is a fantastic episode!I Also would like to comment that the conversation format is great. Matt does a really good job. Tks everyone that makes this happen. 6 stephen lucier stephen lucier 3 months ago This is amazingly informative, please don’t stop at 8! 16 Paige Walker Paige Walker 1 month ago This episode was the one that finally got me to share this with my parents- the others were super inspiring to me, but not enough to make me feel like my elderly parents might actually take action. "The Average onset of dementia is 80 years old" - this episode made me feel like I'm doing a disservice NOT to share this with my parents! Thank you for making this info available to the masses! Dede Koll Dede Koll 2 months ago yes..please keep going with this podcast! It is so very important for us all. 1 ritim ritim 3 months ago one of the few person on youtube that i deeply respect , thanks David for all of fantastic work and sharing to public. 6 Michael Tegler Michael Tegler 3 months ago David and team, Thank you for the continued commitment to optimizing life. A discussion on the Microbiome would be tremendous as I have struggled with GI issues (IBS-C) and believe I have been suffering with invasive candidiasis as I have recently taken fluconasole which provided relief not only in my stomach but also caused the pain and stiffness to go away from joints, back, shoulder, etc. I am 49 yrs old and have taken many antibiotics throughout my life predominantly for sinus related issues which may have caused this condition of excessive candidiasis in my body and am curious to know if there is a way to restore the microbiome and healthy bacteria to optimal levels without Fecal Matter Transplantation as this is not readily available in the US. I'd also be inclined to go away to a clinic of sorts for 30 days if you know of one that would provide the structure and support to restore the microbiome. Thanks again for all of your dedication and work! 7 Felix Sosa Felix Sosa 3 months ago Something I've been wanting David to take a shot at answering: what is (roughly) the appropriate age to begin with some of these interventions? For example, should I start taking supplements (NMN, Resveratrol) at 30? Late 20s? Late 30s? Or should all of these questions be determined by blood tests? LCarefortheworld LCarefortheworld 3 months ago Thank you for doing the podcast! Feeling lucky I get these incredible information from the source I can trust! 1 Melissa Share Melissa Share 3 months ago This podcast provides so much beneficial information to help reverse aging with easily accessible protocols and regimens. Fisetin is one supplement that has not been discussed yet and I am interested in knowing if you think that it may be beneficial for reversing age or age related degeneration? I know that the Mayo Clinic is currently running studies on this presently and I am interested in possibly adding this to my regimen. I would appreciate your thoughts on if it may be effective and if it is safe for humans to consume? Thank You for sharing your knowledge! 4 Aman Sharma Aman Sharma 3 months ago What do we know about lifestyle protocols not related to diet/sleep and how they age the brain? For example reading, spaced repetition, music, cognitive training, new experiences etc? Andrew Huberman’s episode on how play impacts plasticity was really interesting, so I’m curious how this all ties into ageing. 12 Vicky Daisy Vicky Daisy 3 months ago Love both of you and your podcast. Thank you for making it happens. 1 Patricia Soza LAc. Patricia Soza LAc. 3 months ago I just love this podcast. Thank you for sharing all this information! 5 Mrs Shetty Mrs Shetty 3 months ago Best podcast / YT! So glad this channel was created it really easy to follow and so much valuable information. X 2 monster paw monster paw 2 months ago Probably going to need to watch these 100 more times 🤯 Thank you for making these videos 🥰🙏 1 Jona Halldors Jona Halldors 2 months ago Love your episodes! such a great information you are sharing. max adams max adams 2 months ago I have enjoyed your series very much. Thank you for the information. I would like to hear more about peptides if you do future podcasts. andrew feuerstein andrew feuerstein 3 weeks ago Incredible information and I absolutely love the tandem here. You have my vote for WAY MORE CONTENT WAY MORE. You and Andrew Hibernian need WAY MORE CONTENT. I literally listened to all of your videos and his in less than 3 days. Can’t get enough Esther Jaedi Esther Jaedi 2 weeks ago Amazing podcast. Yes, I’m enjoying listening to all of your videos and at the same time gaining so much knowledge with coping with longevity n living a healthy and productive life. Thank you immensely. Brenda Spalding Brenda Spalding 1 month ago David I’ve seen you on Joe Rogan’s podcast. You’re one my favorite guest. I’m so happy that you’re doing your own podcast. I love Joe but I love him more when he has people like you on. I’m a fan. I hope you keep it going. qski1 qski1 2 months ago Looking forward to the next season, please continue! I would be interested the most in the effect of excercise (various types/cardio/weights) on aging. Jeannine Murphy Jeannine Murphy 5 days ago Thank you for your brilliant work! Jean Claude Charles Jean Claude Charles 3 months ago Thanks a lot for these informations I can use to better myself, and for this huge service you're doing for humanity. You're a GOD inspired Soul. 2 abe rezz abe rezz 3 months ago I just subscribed to Dr S. channel.. having followed his lectures in the past .. thank you for the awesome stuff.. William Nunn William Nunn 2 months ago thank you david for the advice on NMN. I am going to get on this quick, as i have chronic insomnia at the moment, from mental health. i exercise with HIIT and calisthenics. i take zinc, vitamin d and ashwaghanda but realise this is not enough at the moment. 1 George Rodriguez George Rodriguez 3 months ago Thanks for doing this podcast. Very good information, live changing. Jessica Bennett Jessica Bennett 3 months ago Love these podcasts! Two questions. I see several pts with elevated B12, is this of concern or does it indicate anything? Also, is there a list of recommended targeted levels of each vitamin we should reach to have optimal levels not just ones in the “normal” range? Thank you! Brandon Brandon 2 weeks ago Thank you guys so much for this invaluable information. La Vita La Vita 3 months ago Thank you always ! Reassuring to know with great experts 2 Michele M Michele M 3 months ago (edited) I've been vegan for 20+ years. B12, not folate is definitely the most important to supplement with for brain health on a vegan diet. Permanent damage to the nervous system can happen with prolonged deficiency. For Omega-3s, the recommendation is 1 Tablespoon ground flaxseed per day or to take algae-based supplement for vegans. The algae-based supplements are expensive but more reliable than flaxseed. 14 Rolf Jacobson Rolf Jacobson 3 months ago Thank David. Your series has been incredible. Are you on Patreon? i will support your channel more 4 Jawad Karim Jawad Karim 3 months ago A Big Salute for David Sinclair. 3 Sandra Killalea Sandra Killalea 3 months ago This is an Excellent episode; they all are. Thank you for the part of you, you both, that is altruism. 2 MVC MVC 3 months ago I see that David Sinclair has posted a video and come directly to give it a like, even before I watch it.That is how good everything he does is. Thank you sir. 1 COACH Brendan COACH Brendan 3 months ago I always enjoy listening to Dr Sinclair discussing Longevity strategies, and applaud him for his work. Without criticizing him, I just want to draw attention to the discussion on B vitamins. At time stamp point 20:26, Dr Sinclair mentions that Folic Acid IS Vit B12 (cobalamin), which it is not. Perhaps his colleague should do a final fact check with him before the interviews, as in this case particularly, a pure vegan may be mislead into believing that they get sufficient B12 by virtue of them obtaining folic acid from their diet, YET, B12 is not bioavailable from any plant based sources, the few that may have it, nor even gut bacteria. B12 has to be supplemented, or derived from animal sources. 3 Crypto Quest Crypto Quest 3 months ago valuable information as always thank you for making this. 2 TheBladeMasterOfLove TheBladeMasterOfLove 3 months ago (edited) Exceptionally episode as always. You really complement each other well! Omit Tapir Omit Tapir 12 days ago Great episode Dr Sinclair and Matt. Please start new podcasts pronto.! ☺ Mum2cuties Mum2cuties 2 months ago (edited) I’m an optometrist and I’m glad you emphasised the importance of an eye examination to assess general vascular health. 1 Dr Christian Thoma Dr Christian Thoma 3 months ago Thank you David and Mathew for an excellent series. Apologies if this was corrected later in the podcast, I didn't want to forget posting this. There is a slight error earlier on - vitamin B12 refers to the cobalamins not to folic acid. B12 is found only in animal products and faecal matter contaminated vegetables. There is some synthesis by bacteria in the large bowel, and some evidence of absorption, although I'm not aware of this being quantified. Folic acid is the term for synthetic folate, which is distinct from naturally occurring folates. Folic acid is in an oxidised form and needs to be converted to be biologically active, whereas natural folates in food are in their oxidised form. Folate, sometimes referred to vitamin B9, but not frequently, is mostly found in plants, although liver, being the storage organ, is also a viable source. I look forward to listening to the rest of the podcast. Quaran Tees Quaran Tees 3 months ago Fantastic episode again guys, thank you 😊 3 Ritu Sharma Ritu Sharma 3 months ago I've been listening to you and am amazed at all research and trials that you have been conducting for the benefit of mankind. Sitting here in India I am able to get the information that I would never have access to. Thank you for all your talks. My question to you is, I have been doing intermittent fasting and loving it. I did it for a month with great results, high energy levels. However I was taking no supplements. I am again on intermittent fasting for the past one month. Two meals a day and I have just been diagnosed with a vit B deficiency. I have started on a vit B supplement. Do you have any suggestions on what I should do. Thanks. Looking forward to hearing from you. 2 Brendan Fox Brendan Fox 2 months ago That was a brilliant podcast , David . So interesting . Keep up your good work , well done . Ligia Sommers Ligia Sommers 3 months ago (edited) Best podcast !!! And I study many of them !!!! 🙏🏻✨🌹🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 I am using AGreens and will check the others 1 Explorers of the World Explorers of the World 2 months ago thank you for very valuable and useful knowledge, I would be interested in the topic of fertility in women, how to care for it and whether it can be kept Dottie polly Dottie polly 3 months ago Keep up the good work Mr Sinclair 👍👍👍👍👍👍 4 Earvin Ealy's Science, Technology, & Finances Show Earvin Ealy's Science, Technology, & Finances Show 2 months ago Thank you Dr. Sinclair for this information. All of your work is interesting but this reverse aging gene therapy is truly awesome. I am a huge fan. I saw your research on regrowing the optical nerve. I am legally blind due to my optic nerve being injured. Me and several blind people I know are very interested in your research. Is there any way we could do some type of phone interview for my youtube channel. I know you are super busy. We watch all of your interviews, but would love more information on how your research could help the blind. Freeride Forever Freeride Forever 3 months ago Thanks for your work Dave. Isn't it insane that more people haven't gotten to work on our biggest prob? Our worst disease? Like why hasn't Elon started an anti-aging company? The way he misses milestone predictions he might wanna extend his life a good bit so he can actually see FSD & Mars happen. 😐 1 Tiernan McCarthy-Kenney Tiernan McCarthy-Kenney 3 months ago Great podcast, you two definitely need to stay together. You play off each other perfectly 4 Natalie Axl Natalie Axl 3 months ago Thank you, Dr, David 🙏 2 perkyzombie perkyzombie 3 months ago Thank-you so much for sharing all this research, for myself it has not fallen upon deft ears. I love rigorous science and all it's intricacies. God bless. Altiaris Suralis Altiaris Suralis 3 months ago Thank you Dr. Sinclair, been following you for a while. 👍 Recently, there’s been some debate and pushback from Dr. Charles Brenner, and as a layperson I can’t seem to understand all the technical details. Can you eventually shed some light on this disagreement? Thanks. 6 Ivermouth Pwr Ivermouth Pwr 3 months ago Interesting. I always heard there wasn't such a thing as having too high b12 levels 3 Be Strong and Love Yourself Be Strong and Love Yourself 3 months ago I just got my first Inside Tracker Inner Age test results and I am 10 years younger than my chronological age! It made me so happy! 😁 I hope that if I follow Inside Tracker recommendations and advices given on this podcast I will be able to become even younger! 😊 Thank you for the information that you are sharing! 🙏🥰 Sumit Panwar Sumit Panwar 3 months ago (edited) It would be Good If you Guys could Give 1-2 Daily Simple Practice at the end of each episode related to that topic which everyone can follow since not everyone can afford various drugs,tests n medicine etc. 3 MrJamesdryable MrJamesdryable 3 months ago Nice of Matt to have David on the show again. 4 Universe Universe 3 months ago (edited) Hello Dr. Sinclair Thank you for sharing a cutting edge information with all of us. This is indeed a life changing data. Would you please give us your take on : Royall jelly, Bee Bread, Bee Polen and Honey in regards of longevity, reducing inflamation and the risk of aging related diseases ? It is well know that the Bee queen eat only Royall Jelly and the life span is 5 to 6 years while the normal ,workers live 30- 40 days maximum. It is also a common fact that many of the bee keepers, live long and healthy life due to their exposure to bee products+having the benefit their office to be the nature.:-) So if you can share with us what you know about the bee products and if they could help us in terms of longevity, preventint aging diseses, and reducing inflamation. Thank you. 13 Vincent ACK Vincent ACK 2 months ago I would love to hear david more explaining more without the hosts interruptions busysuperhuman - Sara Pugh busysuperhuman - Sara Pugh 3 months ago Thank you very enjoyable and useful as always Eddie Hanson Eddie Hanson 3 months ago Thank you. This is life-changing viewing. TLH Peach TLH Peach 3 months ago Great episode! My question is what about melatonin…good or bad for sleep? 4 Carlo R. S. Carlo R. S. 3 months ago I'm always amused when experts say "talk to your doctor about it." The vast majority of Drs know very little about nutrition to start with. I asked my Dr if he could get a HOMA-IR test for me & he had zero clue as to what I was talking about. With info readily available on the net now, some patients are light years ahead of their Drs! 1 palden palden 3 months ago I am 58. Most of my years, after my 'teenage slim time', I was about 10 pound overweight. Around at 45 I developed some knee pain for many years and like so many of my pals, I thought it is just the body worn out because of the hard work as a nurse. So, it is just normal life...! But then I discovered the Ketogenic diet, and after 2-3 weeks my knee pain was gone and never come back. I almost never experience ANY pain at all in my body. If I tell this to my oldest sister, 62, that she should stop eating sugar and do low carb eating, she screams at me: "My body, and knees are worn out, nothing can bring it back!!". She just don't believe me, that the sugar and carbs is the ONE who give the inflamation and the pain, AND it is reversable! It's sad, that almost no one knows, that with eating low carb and no sugar, all the inflamation will be gone and one will feel normal again!! It should be called out from the Rooftop! 24 SHYLA ANDREWS SHYLA ANDREWS 3 months ago Hi Dr. Sinclair been following all your videos incredible information thanks for the same can you throw light on sleep apnea how to tackle this health problem.. F NE F NE 3 months ago Could you guys please always make the distinction between the average population and an extreme athlete? There are some people who workout twice a day at high intensity, max-out their HR on a regular basis, are already at nearly keto levels of glucose, already take extreme cold plunges daily, etc. Should these people still consider things like Berberine, Resveratrol, NMN, etc? Or could these bring them to the other extreme of the spectrum? (similar to how an athlete could easily be sodium deficient while 99% of the population has too much of it. What is true for 99% of people is often the opposite for extreme athletes). Thanks! 1 Cheryl R Leigh Cheryl R Leigh 3 months ago Timestamps swiped from David and Matt's amazing show notes in description box: Timestamps: 00:00:00 Introducing Episode Seven: Aging of the Brain 00:04:39 Thanking the Sponsors 00:07:38 Ex-differentiation as a Driver of Aging 00:09:22 The Brain Ages Slowly 00:14:17 Cognitive Function and Plasticity 00:17:44 Three Longevity Pathways: mTOR, AMPK, and Sirtuins 00:23:26 Plant-based Diets and B-vitamins 00:28:32 Homocysteine, Plaque, and Vasculature 00:32:35 Fatty Acids 00:35:48 Physical Activity 00:39:14 Metformin 00:46:02 NAD Boosters 00:50:33 Increasing Blood Flow 00:53:20 Sleep 00:58:02 Overall Message: Keep your Brain Healthy 00:58:50 Next Week’s Episode and the Future of Medicine 01:01:21 Options for Subscription for Support 8 Devon K Devon K 2 months ago Matt is an awesome cohost he is a keeper! Valart VALERIE HOPE BENNETT Valart VALERIE HOPE BENNETT 2 months ago thanks to DR SINCLAIR AND MATT FOR SUCH HEALING ADVANCED INFORMATION WHICH WE ALL NEED FOR SELF EDUCATION ON IMPROVING OUR HEALTH AND LIVES. Inputoutput Fitness Inputoutput Fitness 3 months ago Practical takeaways you can implement immediately: Get good quality adequate sleep, exercise, eat well and ensure you are getting enough essential fats. 9 Kunal Singh Rathore Kunal Singh Rathore 3 months ago (edited) Let’s Go..As much as I am excited to hear each episode, it makes me countdown to the last couple of episodes left.😣 3 Yayang Tapir Yayang Tapir 3 months ago Mathew is looking younger day by day....I think he is listening to david to start all the supplements. His collection of hats is awesome...😁😃 11 Paul Wolf Paul Wolf 3 months ago 🧠reversing brain aging and getting your lost memories back again. The Doctor is always way out there ahead of the science fiction writers. Have any of his products ever worked? 1 Sk0lzky Sk0lzky 3 months ago Resveratrol can also be found in red wine vinegar and balsamic vinegar so if you can't afford supplements and don't drink alcohol give it a try! Posca is a very refreshing drink, and surprisingly tasty once you get past the initial acidic hit (aroma more than anything, it's actually not very sour for some reason. Tastes like weird, fruity mead) 4 Lorie J Lorie J 3 months ago Love this topic! 1 Maria Shchegoleva Maria Shchegoleva 3 months ago great episode! thanks 💛 iLUMiNATiVE iLUMiNATiVE 2 months ago Genius levels of knowledge! Nicolás Guarín Nicolás Guarín 3 months ago This probably the only podcast that will give you ROT (return on time). Great knowledge. Michele M Michele M 3 months ago With sleep, not enough people are talking about sleep apnea and how damaging to the brain it is. So many people have it and don't know. I have it, and I don't fit the profile, because I'm skinny and female, so it took a while for me to get a proper diagnosis with a lab sleep study. Snoring, frequent waking, nightmares, heart racing, breathing difficulties can be signs during sleep. And sleepiness and brain fog during the day is also a sign. I have a fitness watch that tracks sleep stages and pulse oxygen. Sleep apnea makes my oxygen drop when I'm sleeping, keeps me out of deep sleep stages, and causes my heart rate and stress levels to go up during sleep. I now have a dental device that keeps my jaw forward and airway clear. 1 Anna Abrante Anna Abrante 3 months ago I inherited at least 8 longevity genes (with the effective allele). I'm 58 and have ZERO medical issues, with one exception... High LDL. It won't drop from the 150s no matter what I do. And the one time it moved down a little my memory got frighteningly bad. It corrected with milk and eggs, but I digress... I can't help but feel it's protective, so I refuse statins. My grandfather on dad's side lived to 99, my mother to 97 (covid killed her, she was still strong prior), her sister to 100... I intend to break 110. My daughter has homozygous longevity genes (the G allele where it matters most, twice) With luck she could break 120. These genes really do work and it's very clear to me as I get older. No one believes I'm 58. I do not look it. Scias Scias 3 months ago In the next episode, could you talk about what kinds of sensors you'd want to see rolled out into next gen smart watches? I say smart watches specifically, because I believe that's the gateway to mainstream adoption. Lynn Nestor Lynn Nestor 3 months ago Brilliant content …yet again! Windstone Press Windstone Press 3 months ago This was all great information, but when it comes to brain health and especially preventing dementia, the studies on fasting, ketogenic diets, and sauna are really important! 5

No comments: