Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Dr. Thomas Seyfried: Cancer as a Mitochondrial Metabolic Disease

Dr. Thomas Seyfried: Cancer as a Mitochondrial Metabolic Disease CrossFit 1.73M subscribers 98K views 4 years ago Thomas Seyfried, Ph.D., is a biochemical geneticist, professor of biology at Boston College, and author of the groundbreaking book Cancer as a Metabolic Disease. As part of a lecture delivered on July 31, 2018, at the annual CrossFit Health Conference, Seyfried presented a report card on our current approaches to treating cancer in the United States. Looking at data from the American Cancer Society on cancer incidence and deaths per day between 2013 and 2017, he noted death rates are actually on the rise. “The more money we raise for cancer, the more cancer we get … 293 Comments rongmaw lin Add a comment... @banjob12345 @banjob12345 3 years ago I currently can't get enough of Professor Thomas Seyfried. Why isn't he prime time worldwide 140 Reply 17 replies @holyhellal @holyhellal 1 year ago Thomas Seyfried is a hero to us all , ,and in the future ,,he will be aknowledged as being right 17 Reply @wagnerlopes5360 @wagnerlopes5360 4 years ago I just read you book. The problem is, the current system is making tons of money. It became a money machine! So, who wants to "treat" cancer? Everybody! Who wants to SOLVE and CURE cancer? A few, because this kind of treatment does not make money!! Sometimes I am ashamed for being human! 109 Reply 8 replies @precisionmovement @precisionmovement 3 years ago The dogma of pink ribbons, surgery, chemo and genetic research paradigms is a powerful totem pole for millions of people (professionals and patients). Tom Seyfried represents a new paradigm for contemporary healthcare professionals - is this disease inevitable and genetic or......can we take responsibility for our own health, nutrition and fitness? We don't wait for a dentist every morning coming to brush our teeth! Similarly every single person who is currently fit and well has a responsibility to become well-informed about their future self. There is no law that mandates regular muffin & soda consumption every 3 hours...this a marketing ploy started by cereal manufacturers. The idea that "best" care in many parts of the world mandates radiation and chemotherapy is a paradigm that may finally have met it's match. Restricting types of food intake, fasting, hyperbaric chambers, root-cause analysis of cancer - this lecture has started my chase down the rabbit hole for all of my patients I see from today onwards. Thanks CrossFit and thanks Dr Seyfried! 38 Reply 1 reply @Jules_Jules @Jules_Jules 1 year ago I wish I knew this 2 years ago before my dear friend murdered by chemo and radiation 😭😭😭😭 6 Reply @petemay1 @petemay1 9 months ago This should be the most watched video on YouTube. I think I listened to 1000 words I've never heard before, but wow what an amazing video. 5 Reply @naomiklahn9065 @naomiklahn9065 3 years ago I actually did ask a telephone charity person if the research, he was collecting for, included Low Carb/ketogenic diet. Unsurprisingly, the answer was no. I asked him to call back when it was. 61 Reply 16 replies @anonymousanonymous7304 @anonymousanonymous7304 1 year ago My friend was just murdered by radiation. 4 Reply @anonymousanonymous7304 @anonymousanonymous7304 1 year ago (edited) I was poisoned and radiated and knew it was wrong, but I was told that if I had the tumor surgically removed I had to have radiation. She said that was the rule. I knew it was wrong. I was fine after the surgery and could have recovered. But radiation knocked me flat for at least five years. 8 Reply @littlegoblet5156 @littlegoblet5156 3 years ago Sometimes I wish I could like videos more then once. This is gold 20 Reply 1 reply @elleem3951 @elleem3951 3 years ago This deserves to be known by everyone. 15 Reply @generalb4005 @generalb4005 3 years ago (edited) I’m on the Mitochondria research journey and was on the fence with doing a Ketogenic diet. Without question im ready to do Keto now. As we improve our mitochondrial health and the Microbiome it’s a recipe for success. Thank you!!!!!! 51 Reply 7 replies @vickyhronopoulos3788 @vickyhronopoulos3788 1 year ago Hi Dr. Seyfried, I am so glad I have found you. I was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer Dec 2021. Unfortunately I have nearly finished chemotherapy. It has been 7 months since my diagnosis. I have been on a ketogenic diet and have been doing intermittent fasting for a month. I am physically very well and very strong. I am really keen to go a step further and begin longer fasts. I have put my work on hold to do this properly. I have ordered your book, so that I can be informed even further of the Metabolic approach to treating cancer. The main stream doctors are trying to persuade me to begin radiotherapy in the next couple of weeks, but I don't want to after listening to you on YouTube. I would like to do the long fasts properly and I would like to block Glutamine uptake with one of the drugs you have mentioned. I am interested in finding a medical practitioner that will be able to help me get one of the drugs, help me with the dosage etc. Do you know of any medical practitioners that are willing to help? 21 Reply 4 replies @donpeters4799 @donpeters4799 1 year ago One of the best lectures I've ever seen! Very compelling. 14 Reply @Absolomthecarnivore @Absolomthecarnivore 9 months ago (edited) Fantastic session. Makes sense the added glutamine inhibitors . This works good for patients that lost a lot of weight and cannot be put for 15-40 days of water fasting to shrink the tumors. Basically, water fasting will do the same getting glucose and glutamine levels to very low, starving the cancer, but, again, patient has to have some weight to lose for that and another thing.. extreme long water fasting is not easy manageable by every patient... 3 Reply @troybailey8268 @troybailey8268 3 years ago Outstanding lecture! 38 Reply 1 reply @LTPottenger @LTPottenger 3 years ago Absolutely amazing! Wish I knew this a few years ago. 18 Reply @tx8848 @tx8848 10 months ago Dr Seyfried 🍻👏👏👏👏👏👏 2 Reply @cesarwarrior3723 @cesarwarrior3723 1 year ago Gratitude for the information, awareness, and practice, gratitude to everyone who participated in this amazing event 6 Reply @zafabbas @zafabbas 4 years ago More care givers need to know this. 11 Reply @philosophershammer @philosophershammer 10 months ago Finally someone connecting metabolic facets of disease with Douglas Wallace mitochondrial bioenergetics. Let's go. Still surprised how many times mitochondria are brought up without mentioning the details of melatonin metabolism though ... 3 Reply 3 replies @tchunhu1 @tchunhu1 4 years ago excellent lecture! 15 Reply @davidedeblasio1783 @davidedeblasio1783 3 years ago instead of DON,,, how a

No comments: