Saturday, October 05, 2024

Cellular Respiration Part 3: The Electron Transport Chain and Oxidative ...

Meet the mukbang community Skip navigation Search 9+ Avatar image 1:32 / 4:57 • electron transport chain Cellular Respiration Part 3: The Electron Transport Chain and Oxidative Phosphorylation Professor Dave Explains 3.31M subscribers Join Subscribe 7.3K Share Download Thanks Clip 403,093 views Sep 16, 2016 Biochemistry The trilogy is finally concluded! And with a bang, no less, as this final stage of cellular respiration is the one that provides the big energy payoff for the cell. Let's learn about how the products of the Citric Acid cycle go on to the electron transport chain to facilitate reactions that will generate a proton gradient suitable for powering ATP synthase, one of the most fascinating proteins in the body. Watch the whole Biochemistry playlist: http://bit.ly/ProfDaveBiochem General Chemistry Tutorials: http://bit.ly/ProfDaveGenChem Organic Chemistry Tutorials: http://bit.ly/ProfDaveOrgChem Biology Tutorials: http://bit.ly/ProfDaveBio Classical Physics Tutorials: http://bit.ly/ProfDavePhysics1 Modern Physics Tutorials: http://bit.ly/ProfDavePhysics2 Mathematics Tutorials: http://bit.ly/ProfDaveMaths EMAIL► ProfessorDaveExplains@gmail.com PATREON► / professordaveexplains Check out "Is This Wi-Fi Organic?", my book on disarming pseudoscience! Amazon: https://amzn.to/2HtNpVH Bookshop: https://bit.ly/39cKADM Barnes and Noble: https://bit.ly/3pUjmrn Book Depository: http://bit.ly/3aOVDlT Chapters View all Explore this course 24 lessons Biochemistry Professor Dave Explains Course progress 0 of 24 lessons complete Transcript Follow along using the transcript. Show transcript Professor Dave Explains 3.31M subscribers Videos About Support Dave Facebook Instagram 3:52 Oxidation-Reduction Reactions by Professor Dave Explains 6:53 Structure Of The Cell Membrane: Active and Passive Transport by Professor Dave Explains Shop the Professor Dave Explains store Professor Dave Sweatshirt/Long Sleeve Classic Crewneck Sweatshirt $37.68 Spring The Cat in the Box Digisoft Printed Classic Tee $24.99 Spring Look out! It's Conspiracy Penguin! Classic Crew Neck T-Shirt $24.99 Spring Are you part of the Solution? Classic Crew Neck T-Shirt $24.99 Spring Food For Chemists Premium Ring-Spun Cotton T-Shirt $26.99 Spring Prof Dave Shirt (Dark Logo) Mug $15.99 Spring 179 Comments rongmaw lin Add a comment... @MrGoblin60 5 years ago If only these presentations had been available 40 years ago. I struggled with learning these topics in my late teens. Thanks Dave. Great work! 133 Reply 1 reply @jseanbrooks1 3 years ago Absolutely phenomenal summary. My textbook is great at the nitty gritty details, but I was getting over-whelmed and needed a reminder of the big picture. This is exactly the type of supplemental material I've been looking for, definitely going to subscribe. Thank you so much for the hard work and brilliant explanation! 71 Reply 1 reply @austincranna4824 10 months ago i've been STRESSING over this content bc i have an exam coming up but being able to see the big picture so clearly and concisely has helped me be able to get into the nitty gritty details and still understand what's going on. actual lifesaver!! 3 Reply @sharonkende4774 4 years ago I need to thank you, Dr. Dave but especially a big thanks go to your trillions of enzymes that helped make this possible. 26 Reply @Tlocf 3 years ago I owe my entire college degree to this dude 49 Reply @salmonkill7 3 years ago One again my hats off PROFESSOR DAVE!! I think your 3 PART series on CELLULAR RESPIRATION are TOP NOTCH and I am surprised quite sincerely that these dont have one million views each by now!! I have listened to MANY different CELLULAR RESPIRATION videos and yours is the clearest and your GRAPHICS and chemical formulas are VERY CLEARLY presented and explained!! Thanks Prof. Dave!! 3 Reply @JMYaden 6 months ago Amazing that only a few elements, forged in stellar furnaces, are arranged into different structures and drive all these processes. Thank you for creating this content, Professor Dave! Reply @therealbossprogrammer96 6 months ago Dave is basically the god of knowledge. You want to learn anything form chemistry to italian, you can come here. I love your vids! Reply @theBlueFox2 4 years ago I love how he avoided saying powerhouse. Similar to Kyle Hill saying "sweater of space time" in place of fabric. 23 Reply @chlowong6302 4 years ago Thank you. This made me realise how bad my notes were at explaining respiration. Godsend. 38 Reply 1 reply @sccm100 6 years ago (edited) You have to admit nature is pretty elegant. 225 Reply 13 replies @isidragarza1159 5 years ago Thanks Professor Dave! Have my final for Bio today and you made it easier to remember this stuff! I appreciate all your hard work! 19 Reply @caitlinnicole7575 2 years ago Professor Dave, my professor waited until 1 day before our final to tell us we were taking the cumulative ACS biochemistry exam. You are saving my life. Thank you. 2 Reply @lostboi3974 5 years ago I'm taking microbiology right now and this is very useful. I'm 38 and I wish this kind of learning was available along time ago. 5 Reply Professor Dave Explains · 2 replies @KauaiDee 3 months ago Professor Dave coming in clutch as always. Reply @Jane-jx7nr 1 year ago Once again, Professor Dave is swooping in to save my finals! 😁 4 Reply @kawanganyirenda452 3 months ago wow ! Professor Davie. You helped me in my first year am now watching you in Biochemistry in my second year. Thank you so much.. Continue blessing us 🙏 Reply @aphrodite9042 6 years ago professor Dave is my very first professor crush! he helped me so much on this THANK YOU PROFESSAHHHH YOU'RE THE BEST! 5 Reply 1 reply @nnam7461 7 years ago Dear god thank you I tried teaching myself this for days trying to understand cellular respiration for an exam in my lecture class and no matter what I did I couldn't understand it, it was way too much to take in at once but you explained it so well and the summary of the products from each step was extremely helpful thank you! 9 Reply @jamiesmith159 1 year ago bless you my Dude you're saving lives 1 Reply @LayalSaif-hj6bu 8 months ago I STILL DONT UNDERSTAND MAN 74 Reply 9 replies @danieldimas9189 5 years ago Damn cant believe JESUS just taught me oxidative phosphorylation 126 Reply 1 reply @camerontristan3573 4 months ago You’re the best professor Dave! Been watching you for years now. Sending love from the physics community (I’m here out of curiosity not necessity)! Reply @shimarithwallace5094 6 years ago OMG, I have never heard or seen this be tough better than now. Thank GOD for WIFI, YOUTUBE, and Professor Dave, the Trilogy that helped me understand Cellular Respiration! 6 Reply @Malgorbia 5 years ago “Mitochondria are the powerhouse of the cell” - an exploration. 79 Reply 3 replies @nooriaasar8403 3 years ago AMAZING!! SAVING STUDENTS LIVES HERE!!!!! Thank you! Reply @marcusm6082 6 years ago Your dynamic animation is suuuuper helpful! Thanks so much!!! 2 Reply @TestimonyOtuya 6 months ago Very comprehensive, thanks Prof Dave👏🏾😍 Reply @ryucerie 8 months ago i'm forever thankful for you! Reply @benfield1866 2 years ago It is insane how helpful this was Reply @shelbybeavers2390 3 years ago These videos are a life send. So detailed and presents the information very clearly! Will definitely use this channel concurrently with my studies!! Reply @rayhannaharper5983 2 months ago lmao I was just watching one of your videos on Greens Theorem for my calc III class, and now I'm studying for Molecular Cell Bio and your video was the first one to pop up. Amazing scope of knowledge. Reply @zinimbita9789 4 months ago Thanks prof. Very insightful Reply @lucinaroopal3122 8 years ago 'You have made chemistry a plate of delicacy'.Enjoyed to the utmost fulfillment. Thank you sir. 1 Reply @sonyaisababyan674 1 year ago Great explanations of complex ideas Reply @Zetsuke4 4 years ago Professor Dave is truly the best! Reply @soumyadeepdas2915 4 months ago Broo i was trying so hard to understand this topic and as soon as I saw you have a video on this my half of tension was over thanks Dave sir❤ Reply @jehanpangcoga5702 2 years ago I really love your videos. I'm a freshman college student and your videos help me a lot. a big thank you! Reply @andressuva3068 2 years ago Thank you professor Dave. Excellent! Reply @Sam_1964 3 years ago Outstanding teacher. Each NADH gives 3 ATP Each FADH gives 2 ATP (total ATP is 38) 2 Reply @wasteddemise2286 11 months ago Absolutely brilliant thank you Reply @haladanish4160 3 years ago wow.. I am actually able to comprehend this.. GREAT WORK PROF 🥺👌🏽 Reply @bappie521 4 years ago interesting video! i would have liked you to explain the whole "watermill" process in ATPsynthase tho, I'm very keen on the field of molecular machines. keep it up! 6 Reply @venkatachengalvala4289 3 years ago This video is very well presented and got the main ideas across accurately and clearly; understandably, some things are oversimplified, though. For example, glycolysis produces 1 NADH; this wasn't (clearly) shown in this video and might cause some confusion (in my opinion). Also, pyruvate generates an NADH when it becomes oxidized to become acetyl-CoA. Overall, a very good video. :) Reply @rittenbrake1613 6 years ago It is impressive If 3:44 the whole thing is drawn by you Professor Dave Reply @sumsum404 10 months ago he don't miss!!!! Reply @تقيالجراح 3 years ago Thank you professor. Reply @chell6022 3 years ago Amazing 1 Reply @tasyaqoria8802 3 years ago very helpfull when school from home bcs pandemic occured, thank you! Reply @Shasharinabina 6 months ago Thanks so much! Reply @xoxostrawberry4466 2 years ago thank u so much! gonna pass my biochem test :) Reply @mohnish820 3 years ago Thank you sir..... It helped me to understand it so easily and efficiently ❤️ Reply @golammahdi1077 3 years ago Thanks Reply @yuriyholiyat3084 2 years ago Thank you! Reply @rjayianmendoza6166 3 years ago Thanks! Reply @muvafakiyefilanfalanhanm1412 6 years ago bless you prof dave Reply @mantleatrest 3 years ago You are an awesome teacher!!! thank you so much Reply @alkhatibalkhatib728 7 years ago thank you ☺️ 2 Reply @elitediagnostic7720 4 years ago Excellent... in all aspects.. thanks 🙏 Reply @francequesiagalon4151 2 years ago I never knew that cellular respiration is as easy as this. Also, now I can finally say with full confidence that my biochemistry teacher in med school is HORRIBLE!!! 1 Reply @francissanguyo2813 5 years ago (edited) my Sherla, nice to decipher for 3rd Year Science. (from the Philippines) Reply @dinosaurus9785 2 years ago thanks bestie Reply @ambey1323 4 years ago he definitely knows a lot about the science stuff 9 Reply 1 reply @AbssayJoy 8 months ago Currently having from Wachemo university💥✅ Reply @garavsg8154 4 years ago Prof, I sense free energy in this tutorial. They (protein industrial complex 1-4) were able to steal electrons just by virtue of their configuration and able to create charge gradient without consuming any energy. This gradient is later used to create energy in form of cellular energy currency atp. Hence mitochondria is able to make energy without loss of any chemical "potential" energy. Or, I missed some details? Reply @arsenic2732 1 year ago always save me during science class Reply @nooshax1 6 years ago Thank u ur very clear 2 Reply @ashileily 1 year ago thank you so muchhh Reply @anastasiak2203 7 years ago Thank you so much Reply @alanhooi7152 5 years ago Hey Prof, great explanation. My knowledge is simplified just to the chart in my NTP tutorial. Luv & appreciate info abut pro- & -eukaryotes cells going ~ 4 billions years ago when life begins. Tq 4 educating 're Kreb cycle. Reply @lashamjavia4053 1 year ago thank you science jesus 1 Reply @isisconcepts 9 hours ago So, how can I use this information for the benefit of my health and longevity???????????????????????????????????? Reply @markcorpin339 1 year ago Sir Dave, does excess ATP that is not use by the body can be stored? If yes where it is stored? Reply @papemoussandiaye1562 4 years ago You forget about oxygene. Why do we need it? 2 Reply 1 reply @princesslucillaa 1 year ago amazing video 100/10 🫶🏻 Reply @mackenziewaller2352 2 years ago GOAT Reply @happygimp0 4 years ago Is the mitochondria not more like the refinery? Because it turns the fuel we it in fuel the other parts of the cell can use. Reply @ssammu-be1ti 7 years ago Thnk u 2 Reply @ajsrandomthoughts692 2 years ago ARE THE NADPH AND FADH2 RETURN INTO FAD AND NADP+. SO IF THIS IS THE CASE NADPH AND FADH2 IS NOT CONSIDERED AS BYPRODUCT WHEN THE WHOLE PROCESS ENDS? Reply @lalaineromero2385 7 years ago Saved my life! @.@ thanks! Reply @tiagocarvalho7321 3 years ago Mitochondria are the powerhouse of the cell Reply @NaolTujuba-si6ip 1 year ago Where does the protons come from Reply @christieflorence9840 4 years ago You said in the video that 26-28 ATP can be produced by this chain and the ATP synthase. In my text and a few other videos it says 38 ATP. Can you explain the difference in these numbers? Is it possibly talking (in my text) about glycolysis+Krebs+electron transport chain TOTAL ATP production, and you're only speaking specifically about the electron transport chain? Reply Professor Dave Explains · 4 replies @earthworm-filledstomachbyc4254 4 years ago Isn't the theoretical yield of ATP 38? Reply @basitmalik6504 7 years ago plz cover all the topics and information given in our biology books. so that we also understand the book concepts as well. 1 Reply Professor Dave Explains · 5 replies @cvetomirkirov9023 6 years ago I wrote him an e-mail with some questions and he never answered! I am a bit disappointed. But I also like those videos Reply Professor Dave Explains · 1 reply @BeHappy-px4tl 3 years ago I want to ask wheredoes atp syhnthsis take place?? IS in in matrix or inner surface of the innermembrane?? pls someone help me in this🥺🥺 Reply 1 reply @martarozko2420 6 years ago Great video! Thank u! What is name of this program which u used to did it? Especially I want to do something like an animation with H+ started in 2.10min. Reply Professor Dave Explains · 1 reply @patricktan7120 5 years ago I thought FADH2 becomes FAD not FAD+? Reply @arvindkumaryadav2563 3 years ago I am from India and I don't know where do you belong but thanks for explaining Reply @lildoyouknow9406 3 years ago Is your 26-28 correct? Reply @ChinmayDhumal 8 years ago Can you explain Aromatic compounds Reply Professor Dave Explains · 1 reply @dawitabebe 1 year ago You know you are intelligent!🙉 1 Reply @Luckygirlme111 5 years ago I watched a Khan Academy video where they said you get 3 NADH but here it says 6? Also, they said you get a total of 38 ATP in the end but you say 28. Why is that? Reply 3 replies @pmathewizard 3 years ago I am still baffled on how many ATP per Celluar Resipartion Is it? 30 - 32 ATP (yt vid and some sources) or 36-38 ATP (some sources) Reply @aymanibrahim1646 4 years ago what about oxygen? where is it from all of that ? 1 Reply Professor Dave Explains · 2 replies @kaboom2955 8 years ago please do physics videos as well Reply Professor Dave Explains · 2 replies @sarahadam703 6 years ago You are an amazing help and amazing teacher. Million thanks for your effort. Excellent product. I will buy your videos if you sell them. You have tp profit from these videos. Reply Professor Dave Explains · 1 reply @MegaYOU 1 year ago 1:56 Reply @crimson2799 3 years ago we meet again, jesus, my old friend Reply @aj-uo3uh 1 month ago But where is oxygen used in this story. I thought oxygen was a main player and that respiration started with that billions of years ago. Reply @UbaidUllah-mu3rj 8 years ago sir I wanna learn w/w, ppm, ppb ,etc numericals. I also wants to their theory, and please send me a link for this I'm look forward to receiving yours reply thanks Reply @ziion_r7095 6 months ago How the hell did these scientists find out all these Reply @zoefriar6659 6 years ago What if you eat crayons? 1 Reply @KaitokiNohara 1 year ago ありがとうデイブ卿 Reply @littlefry6691 3 years ago AP bio class 🙄🙄 1 Reply @sparklelewis3742 3 years ago I'll never believe science. 3 Reply 1 reply @shirleyvisere7686 5 years ago your explanation men is too fast Reply Professor Dave Explains · 1 reply @harjotsingh20kviews3daysag4 2 years ago I don't know about foreign but in India we have to learn all that in high school and thank you for making these educational videos Reply @monacharleston593 6 years ago can you also touch upon what are the most critical steps disruption of which could stop the process? For example, could ETC still work if complex II is broken? Reply Professor Dave Explains · 5 replies @jamesmantooth7364 4 years ago Thank you! Reply

No comments: