Saturday, September 02, 2023

Mitochondria - The Key To Disease and Mental Health with Dr. Martin Picard

Mitochondria - The Key To Disease and Mental Health with Dr. Martin Picard Metabolic Mind 176K views 2 weeks ago #Mitochondria #MentalIllness #MetabolicMind Emerging evidence suggests mitochondrial dysfunction can cause or contribute to many psychiatric and neurologic disorders. To promote metabolic and mental health, it’s crucial to better understand mitochondria and what we can do to keep them healthy. … 441 Comments Add a comment... @kdbin101-1 10 days ago Tips from Dr Picard: 1. Move! Exercise encourages your body to produce new mitochondria (up to 2x) 2. Don’t eat too much, it’s ok to be hungry - intermittent fasting is great for your mitochondria 3. A new idea being proposed is possibly your mental state can change your mitochondria (ie., do what you can to lead a life that makes you happy!) 224 Reply 30 replies @mykiemon @mykiemon 2 days ago He's so right that medicine has to move to understanding and fixing problems per the individual rather than "batch" solutions. This is ongoing and gathering steam. 7 Reply @yl1487 @yl1487 7 days ago Finally a person who can discuss mitochondria without finding themselves saying 'mitochondria .... make energy' and appropriately describes them as transforming energy. 31 Reply 2 replies @campbellpaul @campbellpaul 7 days ago I have been meditating for many, many decades, and have used visualization as well as breathing techniques in conjunction with adequate exercise, nutrition and healthy sleeping habits. I discovered visualization of healthy, long mitochondria is very essential to staying healthy and fit (I am 52). Concentrating on the digestive system, and the brain are essential if you want to increase your physical and mental health as well as draw positivity into your life. The key to spiritual, mental and physical well-being is recognizing and visualizing the same science that we obtain in the form of products and healthy regimens, and it shouldn't be left out. Visualization is the the missing puzzle piece to our completeness. 29 Reply 9 replies @TheDeborahPetersShow @TheDeborahPetersShow 5 days ago This is such a great podcast, thank you for taking the time to create this. Yes, health is very dynamic and with personal growth and taking more responsibility for what we consume from thoughts, relationship dynamics to emotions and life experiences we can create amazing health. 4 Reply @heathersmith6177 @heathersmith6177 2 weeks ago Another amazing interview!!! Thanks so much for all you are doing for providing these cutting edge interviews @MetabolicMind! Blessings to you all!!! 17 Reply @g-man1685 @g-man1685 2 weeks ago (edited) So grateful for the research presented here! As others do, I too research to improve health w/o extending dependence on phamaceuticals. Any new researchers with potentially actionable steps like those shown here are treasures to those who have psychotic symptoms. While a researcher and not a physician, the knowledge that research has gained is hope for diseases cruel and often hellish. Thank you. Please keep up the good fight! 29 Reply 1 reply @user-tx9mg4gm1k @user-tx9mg4gm1k 8 days ago (edited) Excellent discussion on a topic very much a keen interest of mine for many years, though I am no longer in an academic environment myself. One point not addressed per se, despite some really great questions and answers by you two gentlemen, is that of the potential beneficial role of supplementation supportive of mito health, function, and biogenesis. In particular, PQQ (Pyrroloquinoline Quinone) holds outstanding beneficial potential, not alone of course but in conjunction with good nutrition, regular exercise, and yes, intermittent fasting as touched upon here. NMN (Nicotinamide MonoNucleotide) and/or NR (Nicotinamide Riboside, my preferred form) also seem to function synergistically with PQQ in this regard as well, fostering the NAD+/ATP cycle within mitochondria, again as adjuncts to the above lifestyle components. At just shy of 72, my own health & fitness, physically, physiologically, neurologically, cognitively, mentally/emotionally, interpersonally, etc has never been better, and I consider mito health central to the overall equation. Thanks for a terrific segment guys :) 12 Reply 1 reply @gurmukhghuldu @gurmukhghuldu 6 days ago Great information. Enlightening experience listening to this podcast. Thanks so much for this crucial knowledge 🙏🙏🙏 4 Reply @robyn3349 @robyn3349 2 weeks ago Thank you! My health took a dive after a high dose statin therapy. From what information I could glean, and there is not much, my mitochondria were negatively impacted system wide. Nine months later, I am beginning to feel some recovery. 35 Reply 5 replies @Paul-dorsetuk @Paul-dorsetuk 1 day ago This is a fascinating film, thank you both very much! 1 Reply @debbieolson5348 @debbieolson5348 2 days ago (edited) I really value my college physiology😊. And am thankful that there are no genetic issues in my kids and grandkids. We are all on organic foods, exercise, and avoid chemicals whenever possible. I would love to know how giving kids 90 vaccines is good for their mitochondria. Reply @moniquelemaire5333 @moniquelemaire5333 6 days ago Dr. Sarah Myhill and 2 other doctors came up with a blood test that measures ATP. I believe it is within the first five chapters of her book: The Treatment of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Myalgic Encephalomyolitis. It's an excellent book. I have had MECFS since March of 2017. Her book has helped me to improve to about 70 to 80 percent. Thank you for this discussion. It is very necessary for us who have MECFS. Also, Ron Davis from Stanford University has come up with another blood test for MECFS back in 2019. Thanks and God Bless for what you are doing!!!! Miss Monique 🙂🙏🌷 12 Reply 10 replies @user-xv1zr4ln7l @user-xv1zr4ln7l 10 days ago Interesting! My energy levels are often not too good, since my diet is not ideal and I do not take enough physical exercise. However, I have seen in my life many, many times that when I am suddenly able to fulfill my calling, I immediately feel energized and I forget about the tiredness. 14 Reply 5 replies @KetoMama777 @KetoMama777 13 days ago 1= move exercise 2= dont eat so much 3= stay positive 96 Reply 21 replies @dinapawlow1622 @dinapawlow1622 4 days ago So well explained, such a thoughtful posting. Learned so much. Thanks 1 Reply Metabolic Mind · 1 reply @magmasunburst9331 @magmasunburst9331 2 weeks ago It would be great to see an abridged version of this or a short by you on the topic. A lot of content makers seem to want to push it to the one hour mark, which can be nice, but key points are sometimes all we are looking for at first. 19 Reply Metabolic Mind · 9 replies @rajeshtanwar2445 @rajeshtanwar2445 2 weeks ago A fascinating and enlightening discussion; a fusion of biology, psychology, physiology,nureology.. 13 Reply 3 replies @theenergeticelephant5539 @theenergeticelephant5539 10 days ago When I was 10 I learned about mitochondria. I was hooked! The mitochondria is my favorite organelle 13 Reply Metabolic Mind · 1 reply @ivanodriscoll5874 @ivanodriscoll5874 8 days ago Now that's what's an informative interview. Great. 7 Reply @ehinspections @ehinspections 3 days ago Thank you for sharing. It would have been a more effective video if it would be more focus; the Mitochondria process is a fantastic system in itself. I have been doing intermittent 12-16 hours fasting max and it helped me feel better; in the UK they have the Zoe app that has done some interesting research on body metabolism. Reply 1 reply @hapennysparrow @hapennysparrow 4 days ago @brutalgeneric: thank you for your comment. That is actually helpful. I can easily obtain indirect sunlight. I live in the sunny southwest. I slather sunscreen on whenever I step outside. Perhaps in late afternoon going out without without the sunscreen for a walk would be an ideal way to get indirect sunlight. Very helpful tip. 1 Reply @user-sb3wh3dd4v @user-sb3wh3dd4v 12 days ago 1- move more. 2- eat less. 3- be happy, positive... which requires adequate sleep. 128 Reply 18 replies @move.breathe.harmony @move.breathe.harmony 12 days ago What’s interesting the discussion on acquired impacts…..and the one you don’t mention is the physiology of oxygen delivery and to me the #1 healthy habit everyone can shift right now (day and night). The impact of voluntary and involuntary breathing influences ALL these things shared. Clinically I see this a lot as it relates to progression of disease and reversal to promoting health. Wanna chat about this in detail many don’t realize (most just talk about rate, and yet there is soooo much more than BPM) 4 Reply 3 replies @IonTrone @IonTrone 2 weeks ago (edited) excellent discussion, thanks! A Picard never disappoints! #StarTrek 18 Reply 2 replies @hapennysparrow @hapennysparrow 6 days ago I am going on two years of mitochondria damage due to two courses of Cipro for a gut infection. It has left me with ruptured tendons, brain fog, fatigue, worsened 34:08 food allergic reactions, visual disturbances, chronic pain, muscle weakness, neuropathy, among other things. I have spent a small fortune on supplements to repair the damage, but have reached a plateau of improvement and seem stuck. I forced myself to move even though I hurt everywhere. On crutches for six months, I now can walk three miles, force myself to climb stairs, but one leg drags and wobbles, dangerous when climbing stairs. I eat a healthy lowr calorie diet, avoid sugar, only use olive oil, organic produce and grains, little high fat animal protein, but my recovery has halted at this level. I tire easily, by evening am done in, and need to eat three meals a day. Fasting makes me sick. Is there a supplement that can stimulate new mitochondria production? I am coping, but frustrated that a doctor would prescribe such a toxic medication to treat an infection that a safer antibiotic would have worked. I am 74. Before the Cipro, I hiked 5 miles a day, was active socially, did creative writing projects, dabbled in learning to paint, and a lot of that has been put on the shelf. Just writing is difficult,putting thoughts in order, expressing myself clearly, is challenging . Memory loss worsens as the day progresses. I am determined to fully recover, I am not giving up. Any helpful advice is appreciated. Thanks. 9 Reply 21 replies @rebekahwhiunui8669 @rebekahwhiunui8669 13 days ago Fascinating! Thankyou for this important discussion 👏 8 Reply @Brandonbraun @Brandonbraun 9 days ago Would be cool to have a video on specific food that affects the mitochondria. Like refined sugars, oils, gluten, etc. Curious how much those impact it. 6 Reply 5 replies @knackfarm @knackfarm 2 weeks ago A very interesting and informative interview - we can shortcut that to a 3i vid ;-) I 'see and hear' layers of potential support or damage - environmental as in toxins in the world we live in, food/diet, psychological stresses. It would be interesting to see differences in the health of the mito in Tibetan monks vs 'Bob Smith living in central Manhattan and working in the Investment Banking industry' and also appreciating whether divesting bad layers allows the mito to heal / get back into optimal function. 5 Reply @CashMoneyMoore @CashMoneyMoore 2 weeks ago The powerhouse of the ... brain, immune system, emotional health, neurological health, cardiovascular health 21 Reply 2 replies @chuckduncan9098 @chuckduncan9098 12 days ago (edited) I've seen quite a bit of research pointing to Urolithin A as a supplement that can be beneficial to mitochondrial health. Of course, doing all of the things within our control makes the most sense, i.e. activity, sleep, good nutrition and developing positive mental health. As a 73 yo who has been told to take a statin drug, I am concerned about the potential negative effects on mitochondria. 6 Reply 4 replies @shrabonibabu @shrabonibabu 6 days ago Meditation suggests simply observation of breadths and/or sensations all around and over the body. The benefits are profound, slow to appear and lasts on consistent practice. Considerable time would be involved, so it's important to do it the right way and learn from the right school. I tried visualization to no benefit. Now practice Vipassana; transformed my life. 3 Reply @annetcell-ly4571 @annetcell-ly4571 2 weeks ago Well, that’s good news! I wake up feeling guilty and stressed that I have paid for exercises classes that I didn’t attend but very happy and content snuggling in my nice warm bed. I’m active though, I love my job and pottering around the house doing stuff. I also do intermittent fasting because it’s fun for me. I must be one of those low responders… 8 Reply 1 reply @notadonna5983 @notadonna5983 6 days ago I am glad to hear these confirmations of 3 major potential lifestyle measures to support mitochondria. Thank you so much! How can we assess our mitochondrial health with testing? 5 Reply Metabolic Mind · 2 replies @regina6838 @regina6838 1 day ago Thanks so much. Can you invite an expert on to talk about exercise intolerance and post exercise malaise, please? I hear all the time exercise is the best way to increase mitochondria, but so many people crash after exercise. Reply @erwinrogers9470 @erwinrogers9470 6 days ago Excellent interview 👏 1 Reply @dzdxdd @dzdxdd 2 weeks ago Cancer begins when the mitochondria of a cell become so damaged they can't carry out oxidative phosphorylation, but instead of dying the cell manages to switch to the fermentation of glucose in the cytoplasm. 36 Reply 5 replies @sanautin @sanautin 2 weeks ago So interesting! This is a discussion I'll save to rewatch later. 7 Reply @benfranklinskite5975 @benfranklinskite5975 13 days ago Keep up the good work. 5 Reply @georgiadim5333 @georgiadim5333 5 days ago Thank you so very much for this informative video! Our loving Creator has gifted us/created us in such an unbelievably astounding way! Love, gratitude and loyalty towards our loving Creator, our Lord and Saviour Christ brings great benefits to our overall health and our overall happiness!!! Reply @mariahrossi3072 @mariahrossi3072 5 days ago One thing I did not hear in this video was the role of sunshine. I have been hearing a lot about the role of infrared light in melatonin production and melatonin is an antioxidant in the mitochondria. 3 Reply @thegram9207 @thegram9207 2 days ago I wonder if HIIT , sprinting and such has a different effect on mitochondrial supply from aerobic training ? If we look at long distance runners compared to 100 meter runners the muscle growth is very different . Even looking at 200 meter vs 100 meter runners displays a massive difference. It seems reasonable to me that loooooooong distance running id depleting your energy where as with sprinting you seem to be energised once you catch your breath. However I have inflicted Achilles tendonitis to on myself - mainly due to idiocy. I recommend lots of strength training of the Achilles area prior to sprinting . Especially if you are only young in your heart , mind and soul. ...... Rehab takes a long time weeks into months, but I can do Air Bike. No excuse. Reply @JessicaSilva-pu5hj @JessicaSilva-pu5hj 9 days ago (edited) Methylene blue.. started for mother with alzheimers...lots of improvements...it's helped with mitochondria health, regulated neurotransmitters so is excellent...discontinued psychotic drugs..her speech started coming back..excellent awareness...accepting lots of new healthy foods...also discontinued sleeping pill..sleeps 8 to 9 hours on her own 7 Reply 6 replies @karenohanlon4183 @karenohanlon4183 2 weeks ago Very honest information regarding how meds impact mitochondria but we dont know how they actually work and long term effects. I would love to know how say a 3 day fast every so often affects our mitochondria. Surely pharma meds longterm is a recipe for disease. I like his theory on rebound unless we change we will keep getting what we get. For me its sleeping well. Being active especially outdoors parks and forests and beach walks Sunshine and swimming or relaxing in water. I like the not eating too much. Great information look after the mitochondria if you want to stay well. 16 Reply @SpiritTracker7 @SpiritTracker7 4 days ago When i learned that mitochondria has its own DNA, I wondered what the implication could be 1 Reply @djdroogie @djdroogie 5 days ago This dude has fantastic energy. (No pun intended. ) 2 Reply @madyak222 @madyak222 6 days ago From memory the brain is 2% of Body weight, but uses 20% of the entire bodies Oxygen needs, ten times more than any other organ or tissue. At 62 I use a number of supplements and "Zone 2" exercise (I think) a combination of intense interval training along with Heavy weights 2-3 times per week, 1-2 long bike rides, 1-boxing session for coordination, 2-outdoor circuit sessions, with a group of middle aged men. After a major head injury 5.5 yrs ago, improving brain function-hopefully repairing the brain became a focus of mine. I've had significant improvement 95-99% better with improvement in energy... 8 Reply 2 replies @renatodoe6661 @renatodoe6661 2 weeks ago (edited) I've been doing low carb on and off for a long time, with great results. Now as i hear keto really could improve mental health, i'm working towards getting into sufficient ketosis. I've got adhd and i wonder how helpful ketosis might be. I'll let you know about the results. 5 Reply Metabolic Mind · 3 replies @jean6460 @jean6460 11 days ago This info is so important! Thank you!! 3 Reply @kenshofalco8046 @kenshofalco8046 13 days ago What an amazing channel. 5 Reply @starvingmyselftolife4423 @starvingmyselftolife4423 2 weeks ago Really not a fan of a definitive declaration of genetic impairment of anything in our body. Just seems like we still have so much more to learn!!! 9 Reply @Reader481 @Reader481 5 days ago I was wondering if cold exposure increases mitochondria (?), I have heard about it and it makes sense too. Reply @erwinrogers9470 @erwinrogers9470 6 days ago Great information 🔥 2 Reply @samieramohamed2467 @samieramohamed2467 2 weeks ago Health is dynamic,structure and energy.Empowering to do better mitochondria. 5 Reply @markfischer3626 @markfischer3626 11 days ago I take very good care of my mitochondria. I supply them with every substance they need in abundance and make extensive use of everything that can protect them. My mitochondria have become so powerful that if you could harness all of the energy they transform that the rest of my body uses into a different form, they could power a 747 jet airliner. 5 Reply 8 replies @elkiton @elkiton 7 days ago At 36.40 a very good simple explanation of the bad effects of food/energy overload beside just storing fat. 3 Reply 1 reply @lucianasantarossa2848 @lucianasantarossa2848 6 days ago beautiful expalined! thanks both 1 Reply @Kwippy @Kwippy 7 days ago This is really great! Now please, please list for me how to keep these other organelles healthy, I am so worried I have no idea how to deal with them: my ribosomes, Golgi apparatus, lysosomes and I am particularly worried that I am not taking care of my endoplasmic reticulum. 1 Reply 2 replies @Linda-ot3pj @Linda-ot3pj 5 days ago (edited) When we have a thought , there is an emotion that comes with that thought. Choose thoughts that make you feel nice inside. What emotion do you find pleasing within? Have tender self thoughts. Have a good inner voice toward OTHERS and towards your SELF and view of the WORLD Hope for your personal FUTURE Reply @davidjudd951 @davidjudd951 6 days ago Im much better health educated since I decided to watch these videos teo years ago. And to think that at one time, I thought Mitochondria was a prehistoric dinosaur. Reply @gtm5650 @gtm5650 2 weeks ago High rep weightlifting can increase mitochondria, especially using leg muscles. 13 Reply 1 reply @ttfan3257 @ttfan3257 5 days ago @kdbin101-1 said: Tips from Dr Picard: 1. Move! Exercise encourages your body to produce new mitochondria (up to 2x) 2. Don’t eat too much, it’s ok to be hungry - intermittent fasting is great for your mitochondria 3. A new idea being proposed is possibly your mental state can change your mitochondria (ie., do what you can to lead a life that makes you happy!) Reply @Fomites @Fomites 8 days ago Your ten-year-old learning about mitochondria? At that age we didn't even know about cells. Born in 1952 Sydney Australia :-) 6 Reply @TheCuratorIsHere @TheCuratorIsHere 12 days ago (edited) It starts with the carnivore diet (steak only is way better), then you get energy and happier mood from the correct substrate for beta oxidation and using the Randle Cycle optimally, then you can exercise daily with the extra energy. This positive feedback loop really helps addressing chronic conditions rooted in metabolic syndrome. Problem with standard advice of doing more exercise is that the individual does not have the energy nor motivation due to depressive mood. Reference: n=1, after countless hours of experimentation with different foods on multiple elimination diets and pointers from Dr Anthony Chaffee, Dr Ken Berry and Dr Bark Kay (PhD). Try it for yourself: Only steaks 🥩 (not ground beef), salt and water for 3 days. 8 Reply 5 replies @cathywestholt5324 @cathywestholt5324 7 days ago I have had myoclonic epilepsy for 64 years. It's been pretty well controlled with meds. I have now developed thyroid nodules, one calcified. (Fortunately no cancer) I started having daily to almost daily auras with some seizures breaking through. Should I have my doctor check this thyroid/brain possible impact with these? Having Keppra doubled to control the seizures better, but then so many mental/mood side effects with that. It's always something in life. Just varies for each of us. 1 Reply 2 replies @nicolelaurentLMHC @nicolelaurentLMHC 2 weeks ago Can we have an interview with the experts describing the class of pharma that impairs mito? 68 Reply Metabolic Mind · 11 replies @colinnorthover1135 @colinnorthover1135 3 days ago Have any studies been done looking at mitochondrial function in people suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome aka ME, in which persistent lack of energy (?= tiredness) is a major common feature? Reply Metabolic Mind · 1 reply @erwinrogers9470 @erwinrogers9470 6 days ago Love it 🔥 1 Reply @healthdecodedwithaltaf3647 @healthdecodedwithaltaf3647 7 days ago Great interview, but no mention of the microbiome connection with the mitochondria. Correcting your microbiome forcefully though vegetables juice and fermented foods is essential, your carrying 4 kilos of bacteria ✨ 2 Reply @elbowroom3663 @elbowroom3663 13 days ago There is a difference between being unconscious and the extinguishment of consciousness. They are not necessary one in the same. 1 Reply @susanjannarone135 @susanjannarone135 7 days ago I was sprayed with Temik which is Aldicarb. I suffered acetylcholinesterace inhibition. During following days totally allergic, fatigued, fogged out and later heart, gut, memory, digestion and later depression. Where can I go for help? Reply @jimlambrick4642 @jimlambrick4642 9 days ago I'd add daily exposure to sunlight. Not burning, not tanning, just natural level on the skin sunlight. We're not designed to live indoors in cocoons. 3 Reply @user-xl1wm3oc7g @user-xl1wm3oc7g 8 days ago So the mitochondria are transducers. How interesting. Transducing chemical energy to electrical energy. I have studied transducers in other areas, never thought about it in our biology. I wonder if the hydrogen infusion supplements are working directly on the mitochondria, dont know. They provide energy boost if you take them correctly. 1 Reply @drhanafayyad4347 @drhanafayyad4347 11 days ago This was fabulous One question though is does the fact that mitochondrial diseases have different manifestations due to different gene sequence alterations ?! A comment also is that the explanation as to the conclusion that mitochondria drive positivity n not vice versa is not v clear or robust Reply @Kathy-kr1sv @Kathy-kr1sv 6 days ago (edited) The. MIND is NOT in the body The brain is not the mind. All energy comes from your thoughts (the mind) Take care what you think about. Talk to your body.... Your cells are listening. 2 Reply @davenockels5028 @davenockels5028 11 days ago I am going to follow up on a brief comment made by someone else, because I think it is so important. No mention of the effect of light on mitochondria. That is a great shame because light’s effect on mitochondria is very important. Circadian rhythm. Cytochrome C-Oxidase ANd the very important discovery that infra red light produces melatonin IN the Mitochondria. And melatonin is one of the most important endogenous anti-oxidants provided exactly where most ROS are generated. 5 Reply @claudiocapelli7507 @claudiocapelli7507 9 days ago Thus, the placebo effect, which we know is a real healing factor, could be the result of the impacted mitochondria? 1 Reply @dianalipton6444 @dianalipton6444 8 days ago interesting to observe how the MRNA "vaccines" will affect this - I have noticed a decline in cognitives in older people that took the shot 4 Reply @KarmaMechanic988 @KarmaMechanic988 12 days ago (edited) PhD biochemist emergency physician here. Read about alpha lipoic acid and acetyl N carnitine as a combination. In vitro the combination are the mitochondria's best friend s. Just need some good studies in people! 11 Reply 1 reply @samieramohamed2467 @samieramohamed2467 2 weeks ago Recap eat less , fast, move more, feel positive.lead to better healthy mitochondria.Feeling affect your biology. 81 Reply 3 replies @wellnesspathforme6236 @wellnesspathforme6236 4 days ago What happens when rusty elemental iron filings mixed into flour flood the mitochondria and interact with the oxygen, especially when the copper pool is in the cell is depleted. Reply @mordred213 @mordred213 2 weeks ago Anything that affects coenzyme Q10 shall affect mitochondrial function, including statines for instance. 13 Reply 3 replies @samari6191 @samari6191 13 hours ago Are there any vitamins etc you can take to help? Reply @46metube @46metube 5 days ago Winston Churchill ate what he needed, drank to excess frequently, smoked, guided Britain through the WW2 - and moved a lot. He was also quite overweight. Died aged 90. What we may learn from diet and mental health is great. But it's also what we do with our lives that may be a major factor on health outcomes. 1 Reply 3 replies @robertmihalinac @robertmihalinac 4 days ago Disease is actually energetic crisis in human body. Reply @SCwirlify @SCwirlify 2 weeks ago It was interesting that Fasting seemed to help the Mitochondria's health. You know... The Carnivore Diet is a so-called "fasting-mimicking" diet. Dr. Ken Berry even believes that Just eating Meat is the Proper Human Diet. I wonder if it is because the Mitochondria prefers a Carnivore Diet from us. 27 Reply 2 replies @batfink274 @batfink274 8 days ago I've also heard that mitochondria produce melatonin from sunlight exposure so when we don't get enough it greatly effects the amount of sleep and quality of our sleep, is that correct? Reply Metabolic Mind · 2 replies @101MediaGroupTV @101MediaGroupTV 10 days ago What a great channel. I am launching a new online radio station here in Perth Western Australia, and I would love to promote your channel on it and restream your audio with your permission. Regards Michael Reply Metabolic Mind · 1 reply @robertmihalinac @robertmihalinac 4 days ago Where does this damage to the mitochondria come from? Reply @peterlefowitz5981 @peterlefowitz5981 10 days ago (edited) I'm bulking on carnivore diet😂. Not loosing weight. Maybe my metabolic healt getting better? ( wasn't bad before..) Reply @weinerdad @weinerdad 12 days ago Oh, I saw your recent videos but I did not realize they were not part of Diet Doctor anymore. Have you moved on from the Diet Doctor operations, Dr? 2 Reply @derrrick4321 @derrrick4321 7 days ago The previous interview episode, with Matthew Philips, still isn't showing in my Google Podcasts app, even though this more recent episode, with Martin Picard, is. Reply Metabolic Mind · 2 replies @wheelofcheese100 @wheelofcheese100 8 days ago Nervous laughter @ mitochondria poisoning being common in ingredients in our environment starts ~@21:30 1 Reply @wocket42 @wocket42 12 days ago 37:46 "having too much [...] fat [....] in your blood is actually damaging" I would like to see the study for that. Just a minute before he talked about fat PLUS sugar causing problems, but then it's fat alone that causes issues, too? I don't think so. "Fat" in the blood doesn't do anything. 2 Reply Metabolic Mind · 2 replies @jimdandy8996 @jimdandy8996 6 days ago What about PQQ and Urolithin A? 1 Reply @LTPottenger @LTPottenger 6 days ago Fasting is the best thing you can do for your mitochondria! 1 Reply @jeannepeters8836 @jeannepeters8836 10 days ago (edited) Mitochondria improvement; 1. Moving / regular exercise 2. Not eating too much / being actually hungry 3. How you feel / better to be positive, inspired, happy, motivated Note: This PHd is verbose. Hard to get the information from him. Soft. 4 Reply 2 replies @lklein1804 @lklein1804 7 days ago Couple minutes in and this subject mitochondria health is the basis of how Thomas Seyfried helps PT/s... Reply @marksimmons5995 @marksimmons5995 10 days ago I don’t think I’ve ever watched a video with this many ad’s.. and crappy ones at that. I like this content very much which adds to the overall frustration. 😕 Reply Metabolic Mind · 1 reply @katejacobs5491 @katejacobs5491 2 weeks ago Mitochondria, the family business 😅 1 Reply @yl1487 @yl1487 2 days ago And what about mitochondrial repair? Mitochondrial melatonin in night time from pineal, and day time mitochondrial melatonin turn over from electromagnetic waves ... what about heteroplasmy? Reply @carloscarion1748 @carloscarion1748 8 days ago (edited) But consulting your healthcare provider could present problems as well as they may very well go against your philosophy just to shore up their own practices, just saying, ask questions, question everything! 3 Reply 1 reply @robertsands8137 @robertsands8137 4 days ago Avoidance of naming which medications have negative effects. Lithium has positive cellular effects. 1 Reply @Dr.OSIFOF @Dr.OSIFOF 3 days ago What I learned today: RBCs have no mitochondria. My question: where can I buy a bunch of delicious mitochondria? Reply @despinachristakis1050 @despinachristakis1050 13 days ago What to do to improve mitochondrial function start at 32 minutes 18 Reply 1 reply @jakobw135 @jakobw135 12 days ago When you mentioned high carb diet - are you referring to refined or whole carbohydrates? Reply 9 replies @ivanandreevich8568 @ivanandreevich8568 10 days ago So if I do a shit ton of zone 2 cardio and red light therapy, I should be feeling much better, eh? Reply @jimterpstra9305 @jimterpstra9305 2 weeks ago Not one question or comment (positive or negative) about how light affects mitochondria. 7 Reply @Shasha8674 @Shasha8674 5 days ago Mitochondria....ancient bacteria/engines of the cells. Reply @lynlawley8903 @lynlawley8903 8 days ago Also try 1/2 tsp Mct oil ,see if it helps from good company glass bottles ,,no rancid oil Reply @Martin-mm8xd @Martin-mm8xd 3 days ago 32:15 sec What you can do to increase mitochondrial health. 2 Reply @johnhenry3059 @johnhenry3059 7 days ago Feed them, challenge them, get good rest at night. Reply @chalermako @chalermako 3 days ago Sounds like some scientific basis for Qi (기, 氣, Chi) and the ancient cultivation of Qi which is known in most SE and North Asian cultures.......... 1 Reply @johnhirko7493 @johnhirko7493 12 days ago If you have not already, please consider interviewing Dr. Christopher M. Palmer who is. Harvard Phyciatrist and Nuerological researcher who has authored "Brain Energy" his book on mitochondrial dysfunction and mental health. 1 Reply Metabolic Mind · 1 reply @jerrycash5606 @jerrycash5606 2 weeks ago What do you think about keto for pain? Reply Metabolic Mind · 1 reply @williambyrnes9742 @williambyrnes9742 7 days ago Grounding would be a wonderful thing to do in conjunction. Reply @user-xl1wm3oc7g @user-xl1wm3oc7g 8 days ago I got an idea for a great xmas gift....get one of those old 'dont worry be happy' electronically activated singing fish on a plaque... if you know what I mean...and take the fish off there or redress it as a mitochondria....haha Reply @dsonyay @dsonyay 9 days ago Have to go allllllllll the the way to 34:41 for the subj of this video. 1 Reply @atulhanda @atulhanda 4 days ago Practice vipassana very much energetic what ever you are saying it happens after practice of vipassana Reply @limtk55 @limtk55 4 days ago Food plus oxygen gets converted into water and waste products plus energy. So breath more high quality air and eat more high quality food. The rest will follow. Reply @markherhold3800 @markherhold3800 2 weeks ago How do you test for mitochondria health? 7 Reply Metabolic Mind · 3 replies @matkagrogan5251 @matkagrogan5251 1 day ago 53 minutes about nothing :/ Who doesn’t know that certain medications impact mitochondria? Who doesn’t know that certain pesticides impact the health of mitochondria? Etc etc etc. Give me back 1 hour of my life now !!! Reply @sandrap4188 @sandrap4188 13 days ago Does infrared sauna & red light therapy help mitochondria? 2 Reply Metabolic Mind · 2 replies @kyks6771 @kyks6771 1 day ago 🧊Onshape 💿In shape🚴 Reply @caring3483 @caring3483 10 days ago The Ads are very distracting as there are way to many during this pod cast. Reply Metabolic Mind · 1 reply @bshul10 @bshul10 7 days ago Why are mitochondria always referred to in the plural ... what's the singular of it anyway? 1 Reply 1 reply @janeanethequeen1002 @janeanethequeen1002 10 days ago Cancer is a metabolic disease. We just cured my husband with Keto diet and anti parasitic meds 3 month cycle…..kills cancer cells. 2 Reply 2 replies @treesart6914 @treesart6914 9 days ago (edited) Are those the stack of pancake lookalikes? Oh no, those are the Golgi ...things. The mitochondria are the stripey oval things, right? Right. I just googled. 1 Reply @atomicdmt8763 @atomicdmt8763 11 days ago hint: methylene blue! 1 Reply @Babs42 @Babs42 6 days ago Stop eating plants which are high in deuterium? Reply @workofheartllc @workofheartllc 10 days ago Trees grow through cement 💪🫶 Reply @forest989 @forest989 6 days ago OK, mitochondria are not the powerhouse of the cell. Sure. Reply @mayniac5.09 @mayniac5.09 13 days ago Shouldve had Jack Kruse on… #1 is sunlight.. case closed on that.. 2 Reply 1 reply @mrazik131 @mrazik131 9 days ago good discussion too much advertisement...I could not watch it anymore! Reply Metabolic Mind · 1 reply @jaredb9523 @jaredb9523 2 weeks ago Anyone know much bout methylene blue 8 Reply @johnrice1943 @johnrice1943 13 days ago You're not turtley enough for the turtle club lol Reply @Camara617 @Camara617 4 days ago Great info…. Could have used a few more ads though. 🙄 Reply Metabolic Mind · 1 reply @erwinrogers9470 @erwinrogers9470 6 days ago Methylene Blue, is food, for the, mitochondria Reply @margretweiland2876 @margretweiland2876 3 days ago It is not enough helpfull Information for people who suffer from a mitochondrial disfunktion Reply @rhwinner @rhwinner 13 days ago I hate mitochondria. Whenever I see one, I step on it. 3 Reply @Dedicated_.1 @Dedicated_.1 2 weeks ago Timestamps? 2 Reply Metabolic Mind · 2 replies @ednikdeshaw6608 @ednikdeshaw6608 2 weeks ago Go topic however, too many comerials. Ill be back. 1 Reply @mihaelafrincu8732 @mihaelafrincu8732 5 days ago Supliments? Reply @thumbs3263 @thumbs3263 8 days ago Right? Reply @richards8916 @richards8916 5 days ago Gmo “foods”…? Reply @aurora244me @aurora244me 13 days ago 👋 Reply @susanjones6410 @susanjones6410 10 days ago (edited) 47:13 and comments 1 Reply @johnwarner8569 @johnwarner8569 6 days ago Infrared. Near infrared Reply @lindapestridge3073 @lindapestridge3073 13 days ago Eat less Move more intermittent fasting Oh please don't insult our intelligence half an hour wasted. Reply 2 replies @Brianhartmanmusic @Brianhartmanmusic 10 days ago Can’t do the accent, argh, frustrating. Reply @athanasiosalexatos2204 @athanasiosalexatos2204 2 weeks ago (edited) Are the mitohondria the DNA of our soul ? Maybe that's why they have their own DNA. It's the DNA of our soul. They are not ancient worms. 1 Reply @Whale_Games @Whale_Games 2 weeks ago What about if we work out hard and want to stay in keto can we just have 30 grams of a starchy carb that will def be eaten up my muscles? Reply Metabolic Mind · 4 replies @johncarr8299 @johncarr8299 10 days ago did you totally ignore creatine, vit C, and other supplementation entirely?!? 1 Reply @0XAN @0XAN 3 days ago why the doctors in metabolic diseases are all balds? Reply @wmp3346 @wmp3346 8 days ago Amount of ads is ridiculous, greedy people who never have enough and hide behind corporations and lawyers Reply Metabolic Mind · 2 replies

No comments: