Sunday, December 18, 2022

David Sinclair’s Dad’s Supplement & Workout Regime

David Sinclair’s Dad’s Supplement & Workout Regime My NMN Experiment 24.4K subscribers Subscribe 466 Share 14,324 views Jul 12, 2020 #DavidSinclair #NAD #antiaging In many of his talks and interviews David Sinclair often talks about his father Andrew Sinclair and how fit he is. So, if you are interested what his 80-year old father does, with regard to diet, exercise and supplements, keep watching. 10% Discount Code – MYNMN 60 NMN Capsules: https://bit.ly/3cup3FE 60 Trans-resveratrol Capsules: https://bit.ly/2WOdIJL 60 TMG Capsules: https://bit.ly/3enP36z 366 Berberine Capsules: https://bit.ly/2SZFEcC 183 NMN & 183 Resveratrol Capsules: https://bit.ly/2Lqmyba DoNotAge.org Shop: https://bit.ly/3fM6Ghw 10% Discount Code – MYNMN • So, David Sinclair explains that he is often surprised by people who admit they don’t want to live longer than 80 years of age, why? • He proffers, because they have seen what many 80-year old’s look like, and to them, it is not appealing • Andrew Sinclair, David’s Father, does however show that 80 isn’t the end…far from it Andrew Sinclair says has no patience for those who say your health-span is pre-determined At 80, he says, he has no memory issues, no aches, no pains and no depression He says, that today, he feels the way he did when he was 30 or 40. • Not a clinical Trial. David Sinclair says, ‘this isn’t a clinical trial and the answer is NOT just in one molecule.’ • Effect. Yes, my father takes NMN, metformin and a little resveratrol, but there is still no way to know what effect those medications and supplements are having on him • Evidence. We need more clinical evidence with double-blind placebo controls on dozens, if not hundreds, of people his age and from his demographic • Work ethic. And, even if the molecules he is taking are helping, it would be very disrespectful not to note the tremendous WORK dad has put into staying healthy, says David • Duration: “I usually workout twice a week for 70 to 90 minutes. So, between and hour and an hour and a half; is that achievable for you? • Warm-up. I start with warming up on the rowing machine for 15 minutes, going about 2,500 meters, followed by stretches and then weights Weight Training. He does three sets of each exercise with 10 reps at the following weights: • Bench presses: 40 kg (88 lbs) • Leg presses: 130 kg (286 lbs) • Stomach curls: 50 kg (110 lbs) • Peck-deck: 40 kg (88 lbs) • Deadlift: 50 kg (110 lbs) • Knee-ups: 50 kg (110 lbs) • Flexibility. He also does Pilates for an hour each week to help with flexibility and walks from 5 to 7 kilometers (that around 3.1 to 4.3 miles) on most days. So, another hour a week on Pilates and 5 to 7 k’s a day walking (that’s going to be at least 1 hour a day, this is now starting to add up and may not be achievable for people ho work or who have young families, I’m guessing he doesn’t walk or do Pilates on the days he does weight training, so that is one hour every day, could you dedicate an hour a day to exercise? I now it’s easy to say yes, but if you work and have a young family, 1 hour every day may not be practicable? • Stair Climber/Step Machine. “Sometimes I walk on a stair climber,” he added. “My recent record is 40 floors in less 15 minutes. It almost killed me, but I did it.” • Resting Heart Rate. His resting heart rate is just below 60 beats per minute • Maximum Heart Rate. His maximum heart rate should be 220 minus his age of 80. That = 140 beats per minute • Actual performance. On the step machine it was 155 beats per minute, far above what his max should be • “I checked with my doctor,” Andrew explained. “She said if you can do it, then do it. – So, I did!” he said Of course, exercise alone doesn’t keep anyone healthy, let alone someone who is 80, so my father watches what he eats, too. • Junk food. No junk food, simple I suppose…None! • Home Cooked. All home-cooked or healthy restaurant-cooked meals. Lots of vegetables with a bit of chicken or seafood and on more rare occasions beef. He has a small breakfast of cereal and often skips lunch because he’s too busy painting the house or something. • Drinks. I assume he means alcohol, where David Sinclair says ‘He drinks, but not a lot. A few times a week, that’s all and not to excess. No sugary soft drinks, which I suppose could also be listed under junk food • Dessert. He’ll have a sweet (I assume he means dessert or pudding) every now and then, but doesn’t overdo that either • Fruit. “I also eat lots of fruit, but don’t drink enough water, though I’m trying to drink more,” said Andrew. https://lifespanbook.com/workouts/ #antiaging #NAD+ #DavidSinclair Acknowledgments: Video: Pexels, Oscar Due Wang Audio: Mrs. Zazzara by Loxbeats https://soundcloud.com/loxbeats Creative Commons — Attribution 3.0 Unported — CC BY 3.0 http://creativecommons.org/licenses/b... Music promoted by Audio Library https://youtu.be/Ct2MXTilkdk DISCLAIMER: This video and description contains a discount code, which means that if you use the code, I will receive a small commission. Also, although they don’t actually pay me, DoNotAge.org has sent me free products to show on this video. Chapters View all 121 Comments rongmaw lin Add a comment... Mark Christopher Mark Christopher 2 years ago Your continued work on this subject is greatly appreciated. While I’m no where near 80 years of age, his daily routine sounds solid...for even myself. Oof. Your gym isn’t open yet?!? My gym has been open for about two and a half months...good luck on reopening soon! 4 My NMN Experiment Reply My NMN Experiment · 1 reply Rod Forsyth Rod Forsyth 1 year ago I am 80, the same age and, whilst I do not have quite the same strenuous gym routine, walk most days for several miles, do Pilates/yoga exercises (I went to a local class 3 x per week until lockdown), use my bouncer twice a day for about 10 minutes. About twice a week I do 3 60 second sprints on the bouncer, resting in between. and on two or three other days have a short light weight regime at home. I am 6 foot and 12 stone in weight and on no medication. Two years ago I started with NR 1 gram plus resveratrol 1 gram but 8 months ago switched to NMN 1 g with half a gram of resveratrol. Also 1gram TMG and berberine. I take MitoQ from NZ, D3 with K2, l carnosine and a number of other supplements like turmeric. Use loads of olive oil. I have a fist full of home sprouted broccoli in a smoothie every day. For the past 8 months I have only eaten between 1 -7pm each day and have steered clear of sugar as best I can and generally have a low carb diet. A glass or two of alcohol maybe twice a week. I FEEL ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! Loads of energy, no more brain fog and sharp cognition. I feel far better than I did when I was 50! My hair is full and shiny and would you believe that even the colour of my pubic hair has gone dark again! Reading back, this sounds awfully conceited but it is not meant to be, it is just my experience! 4 My NMN Experiment Reply My NMN Experiment · 2 replies TeflonBubba TeflonBubba 2 years ago Great overview of the newsletter, thank you! Btw, you seem to be more energetic and sharper. Haven't seen one of your videos in a while so the difference was noticable for me. Just one man's opinion. Well done - and keep up the healthy habits! 💪🧠 1 Reply My NMN Experiment · 1 reply Norman Moet Norman Moet 1 year ago I'm 62 My work out routine is with my own body weight. Each set is to fatigue. I do a four day split at home. I walk on average 3 to 5 k a day and jog for about 30 min a day. I only eat within an eight hour period and drink a lot of water. I dont take supplements and only eat one ingredient foods, with the exception of yogurt and cottage cheese. So far so good ... :) My NMN Experiment Reply My NMN Experiment · 1 reply Life & DIY Life & DIY 2 years ago Super interesting, Vince! Makes me think I need to workout more - which I already knew though. :) 4 My NMN Experiment Reply My NMN Experiment · 1 reply Arthur Boccuti Arthur Boccuti 2 years ago Good morning Mr. Vince. I'm 73.6 yrs old. My drug and supplement regime: It is amazingly almost exactly that of Andrew's. Exceptions are 2000 mg Metformin per day. (Type 2 diabetic) One full gr of Resveratrol. Exercise: I exercise for one hr. per day on tredmill. Been doing so for about 2 yrs. I increase angle and speed as endurance allows. I also do stretching exercises for my back and legs. Diet: I eat light. Not much meat. Mostly Fish, Poultry and Lots of vegetables and salads. Some wheat and rice grains. And nuts and berries. And fruit when avilable. I drink a little wine (1 to 2, 4 oz glass) most days as evening cocktail. I eat icecream as desert on weekends. I'm 5' 9" and weigh 167 lbs. Sleep: Been using a CPAP machine every night for decades. I usually get up once to twice per night to urinate. Medical condition: I've had open heart bypass surgery. I have late onset diabetes 2. I have Sleep Apnea. I was in a severe rear end auto accident in 2015. Now after several years of spinal injections and physical therapy I'm almost recovered. Supplement history: After reading Dr. Sinclair's book I became very interested in the restorative potential of the NMN and Resveratrol regiment. I ordered the two supplements. They arrived the same week COVID 19 hit the USA. I chose to hold off on taking the supplements so I wouldn't confuse any reactions to virus symptoms. I basically just started taking the supplements on 4th of July. I store the supplements in the refrigerator. Hope this info is helpful. I enjoy your videos. Arthur 3 My NMN Experiment Reply My NMN Experiment · 2 replies Patrick van meter Patrick van meter 1 year ago Similar to what I do. I am also 80. I tend to do a little more but have done this all my life. I tried Metformin twice but it made me sick. I have been vegan for several years but cheat occasionally. Take no meds and don't have a Doctor. Low blood pressure and pulse in the 50s. Take vitamin D and some magnesium. Try to drink a lot of water. Sleep at least 7 hours a day. 2 My NMN Experiment Reply My NMN Experiment · 1 reply Jason Stanley Jason Stanley 2 years ago This is a long comment, but you asked . . . I'm 70 so what is typically an important decade younger then Mr. Sinclair. That said, 70 can be quite old for many. I've taken a somewhat different approach that seems to be working very well for me. Again, it's only a study of one. The big differences are in a much stronger focus on what I eat &, when I eat, and a lot less exercise. I take more supplements and am dedicated to taking them daily. My diet consists of zero sugar in anything, zero highly processed foods. No grains (wheat, rice, etcetera). Low carbs, medium protein, high fats. In addition to what I eat, when I eat is also a focus. I follow a consistent intermittent fasting program rotating in periodic longer fasts and days of feasting. I do a lot less exercise. I do HIIT resistance only once a week taking the weights to complete muscle failure in each major muscle group. It takes less than thirty minutes in the gym, once a week. I supplement my exercise program with daily activities where I move naturally with things like cutting wood (with a chainsaw - no axe cutting) building a solar system, remodeling my home, building fences, tending my garden, etcetera. I get outside and move doing some form of moderate activity for several hours every day. It's only since 2017 I've done any routine exercise. However, I have generally been active. For almost a decade I worked on the tenth floor and always took the stairs several times a day. I take NMN & Resveratrol (DoNotAge), Niacin, Vitamins C, D3, & K2 (with Astaxanthin), Berberine in place of Metformin (DoNotAge), and Zinc. While I have a high Agaston score on calcified arteries (tested in Jan 2020) I do not take any statins (Lipitor) as does Mr. Sinclair. The results: At 143 pounds, I'm at the lower end of my weight range (actually at my high school weight), and I no longer have visceral fat around my organs. My fasting glucose is in the high eighties to low nineties. The pre-diabetes is gone. It's easy for me to get into ketosis on a regular basis. My triglycerides are in the low optimal range. My muscles are toned and I have a lot of energy. It's a task, but not overly hard to accomplish the "rise test" where sitting barefooted, cross-legged on the floor, get up without any assistance from touching the hands on anything. Just lean forward and rise up to a standing position. I have not always done these health focused things. My diet has been pretty average with lots of bread and sandwiches. My weight got up to 200 pounds once, then down around 150 to 160 for a long time then back up to 185. In 2017, at 185 pounds and pre-diabetic I decided to pay attention to my health and developed the above program. Like Mr. Sinclair I now feel like I did in my thirties or forties. 5 My NMN Experiment Reply My NMN Experiment · 4 replies Remove Aging Remove Aging 2 years ago Hi! New to the channel and loving it :) What are your thoughts on donating to organisations like SENS that fund anti-aging research? To me, it seems like the best we will get with diet/pills/exercise is 10-15 years, but beyond that we really need more research. I donate regularly in the hope that by the time I'm 70 (I'm 25 now) we will have therapies. My NMN Experiment Reply My NMN Experiment · 1 reply Plato Man Plato Man 2 years ago Thanks for your diligence and especially for your sharing with such an eye to objectivity. My NMN Experiment Reply My NMN Experiment · 1 reply Dieter Dieter 2 years ago Vince, very grateful for your highly valuable tips! 7 My NMN Experiment Reply My NMN Experiment · 1 reply TrueBlue Beth TrueBlue Beth 1 year ago Looking buff Vince!! 💪Keep up the good work! My NMN Experiment Reply My NMN Experiment · 1 reply Henvest Henvest 2 years ago One key thing that I think he is missing in his exercise program is swimming. Outdoor swimming is even better. Good for the body and mind 2 My NMN Experiment Reply My NMN Experiment · 2 replies Bob Gilmour Bob Gilmour 1 year ago I’ll be 81 in 3 months, and have been on David’s dad’s exercise routine (almost precisely) for a good ten years. What I didn’t know to do until much more recently was to cut out all sugar and empty carbs ( not to mention most alcohol), also to take NMN and Resveratrol., berberine instead of Metformin, and no big pharma meds. Cutting out processed foods in favor of plenty of fresh veggies also seems to critical to my regaining all the critical indicators of vitality and good health — strength, mental focus, energy, low blood pressure and blood sugar (as measured daily). Too bad, that except for the exercise part, I didn’t know much of this long ago. David is really on to something huge, and we can hardly wait for his double-blind human studies to bring us more proof and guidance on just what. 1 My NMN Experiment Reply My NMN Experiment · 1 reply Jos van der Spek Jos van der Spek 2 years ago He's actually 81 now. Turned it between June 9 and June 17. My NMN Experiment Reply My NMN Experiment · 1 reply jad1175 jad1175 2 years ago Vince thanks for the information. I know you are staying safe where you live. I am in Philadelphia, PA and we are trying to watch the COVID guidelines. Has Dave put out any new info on COVID. Stay safe and Thanks John 1 My NMN Experiment Reply My NMN Experiment · 1 reply Arthur Boccuti Arthur Boccuti 2 years ago Please forgive me for pestering you. Would it be OK to just mix the entire content of the morning jug capsule (which contains both the Resveratrol and the NMN) with olive oil, or would that somehow diminish the efficacy of the NMN? Again, thanks for help. Arthur My NMN Experiment Reply My NMN Experiment · 2 replies Ruud Atlas Ruud Atlas 2 years ago Newsletter was from 9 october 2019 I'm curious wether he improved in the mean time. But very impresive for a 80 year old. 2 My NMN Experiment Reply My NMN Experiment · 1 reply William de Ora (de Silva) William de Ora (de Silva) 1 year ago Very impressive. Thanks Vince 2 My NMN Experiment Reply My NMN Experiment · 1 reply Mario Rodriguez Mario Rodriguez 2 years ago (edited) I’m 67, and do Hiit , run 5km every day , take suplements vit B6, D3 , CoQ10 , C, pre-and-probiotics and eat most of the time chiquen , fish (salmon) eggs, green vegetales,Olive oil and cocunut oil , avocado (every day ) and meat. Fruits , and almonds ,nuts , no dairy !!! Water with pink salt ,lemon and cidar vinegar✌🏼🇲🇽 2 My NMN Experiment Reply My NMN Experiment · 4 replies Lance Hitchings Lance Hitchings 2 years ago A better calculation for figuring your MHR is your age time 0.7, then subtract that result from 208. This takes into account the fact that the older one is, the more slowly the MHR comes down. This calculation comes from the American Council on Exercise. That puts Andrew's MHR at 152, which sounds more in line with his exercise experience. 1 My NMN Experiment Reply My NMN Experiment · 2 replies Brian Greenwood Brian Greenwood 2 years ago (edited) I’ve been following David Sinclair and have his book lifespan I was thinking of taking resveratrol, MNM and metformin,I’m just unsure where to get them from I know David Sinclair recommends trans resveratrol, not sure if capsules work as good thanks Brian My NMN Experiment Reply My NMN Experiment · 5 replies Maestro Maestro 1 year ago Nice video Vince! Does he fast (3/4 days) ? 1 My NMN Experiment Reply My NMN Experiment · 1 reply stargazerbird stargazerbird 1 year ago At 69 my maximum heart rate is 172. Those calculations are just wrong. My resting is 53. Some of us have a wide range naturally. Your VO2 Max is not your Max heart rate. Is a good measurement of fitness. Good wrist trackers can give a good estimate of that if you run outdoors. Mine is in the excellent range and I improved it from the poor range by running a mile to three miles for two years. Progress can be slower in fitness as you age but so joyous to feel fitter with passing years. I lift heavy In The gym twice a week. Stretch every muscle after every workout. I lost two stone last year just counting calories and fasting on and off. Gave up British style drinking a year ago and now just do a glass once a month or so. Alcohol is terrible for older people. I am not low carb. You need them for energy to workout and your gut health. I only take NMN as I want maximum gain from my exercises. Resveratrol makes me feel bad anyway. I have good genetics and want to be fit and vigorous well into my 90s. Sinclairs dads weight lifts are incredible. I have seen the decline that comes with sarcopenia with some relatives. Nothing is worse for overall health and well-being. On which subject - up your protein. 1 gram per ideal body weight. Keeps your muscle mass. 2 My NMN Experiment Reply My NMN Experiment · 2 replies Ron M Ron M 1 year ago Very interesting Vince. Thanks. My NMN Experiment Reply My NMN Experiment · 1 reply Tom Robertson Tom Robertson 2 years ago (edited) Per Dr brad Stanfield, research on high intensity shows less is more . 15 second Sprint with 4 min cool down Do it twice Giving it a try. Never knew 15 sec would kick my butt 1 My NMN Experiment Reply My NMN Experiment · 2 replies Arthur Boccuti Arthur Boccuti 2 years ago Good morning from Atlant Georgia, USA Mr. Vince. I'm replying to your question regarding the usual hours of sleep I get per night. I read from 10 PM to 11 PM ... approxinately. That is, until I read the same sentence three or four times (ha, ha). So lights out at apx. 11 PM. I'm regularly awake by 7 AM. So that's approximately 8 hr. Of course we've got to subtract two bathroom calls a night an a short dozing off period. So we can safely caculate that on average I get 7.5 hrs. sleep per night. Sorry for being so chatty! Hope this is helpful. Enjoy your videos very much. Arthur My NMN Experiment Reply My NMN Experiment · 2 replies jack krauser jack krauser 1 year ago any updates on that "resveratrol pinch" part? 1 My NMN Experiment Reply My NMN Experiment · 1 reply gary gjl gary gjl 2 years ago The best overall strength athetes in sport/activity are gymnasts. The gymnastics style environment has multiple other benefits: balance, coordination, flexibility free weights then weight machines. HIIT to improve the heart's ejection fraction. every other activity is about enjoymenyt in the outdoors. 1 Reply My NMN Experiment · 2 replies dikeledi mogobe dikeledi mogobe 2 years ago Hi Vince Can I take metformin 1000mg even when I am not diabetic??? I want to start the regime sooner I am 52 1 My NMN Experiment Reply My NMN Experiment · 3 replies Brian Lattimer Brian Lattimer 2 years ago So do you believe Donotage is the best supplier of supplements. How does it compare with Alibaba 1 My NMN Experiment Reply My NMN Experiment · 1 reply Afaan Oromo stock buy & Sell News Afaan Oromo stock buy & Sell News 2 years ago (edited) The sale of nutritional supplements of unproven clinical benefit is commonplace. What is unusual in this case is the extent to which institutions and individuals from the highest levels of the academy have been co-opted to provide scientific credibility for a product whose benefits to human health are unproven. The bottom line is I don’t try any of these things. Why don’t I? Because I’m not a mouse. It’s a great gig if you can convince people to send money and use it to pay exorbitant salaries and do it for 20 years and make claims for 10. You’ve lived the high life and get investors by whipping up excitement and saying the benefits will come sooner than they really are. InsideTracker sells an online age-tracking package to consumers for up to about $600. The company’s website highlights Sinclair’s support for the company as a member of its scientific advisory board. It also touts a study that describes the benefits of such tracking, which Sinclair co-authored. Sinclair is involved either as a founder, an investor, an equity holder, a consultant or a board member with 28 companies, according to a list of his financial interests. At least 18 are involved in anti-aging in some way, including studying or commercializing NAD boosters. The interests range from longevity research startups aimed at humans and even pets to developing a product for a French skin care company to advising a longevity investment fund. He’s also an inventor named in the patent licensed by Harvard and the Mayo Clinic to Elysium, and one of his companies, MetroBiotech, has filed a patent related to nicotinamide mononucleotide, which he says he takes himself. Sinclair and Harvard declined to release details on how much money he — or the university — is generating from these disclosed outside financial interests. Harvard declined to release Sinclair’s conflict-of-interest statements, which university policy requires faculty at the medical school to file in order to “protect against any faculty bias that could heighten the risk of harm to human research participants or recipients of products resulting from such research. 1 Reply My NMN Experiment · 1 reply Graham Fleming Graham Fleming 1 year ago I have had two little strokes been on nmn for six months only thing wrong is temperature now feel cold hellish but hope for a warmer summer. Anybody else had same! Diabetes cholesterol and blood pressure normal.! 1 My NMN Experiment Reply My NMN Experiment · 4 replies Miguel CGS Miguel CGS 2 years ago Hi Vince. Have you ever wondered why your viewers per video have significantly decreased these last few weeks despite de fact that your subscribers have not? 1 My NMN Experiment Reply My NMN Experiment · 5 replies Constanze Cremer Constanze Cremer 2 years ago Where can that newsletter be subscribed to? Thank you! My NMN Experiment Reply My NMN Experiment · 2 replies nadir ziane nadir ziane 2 years ago Yeah.....!!!!👍🏼👍🏼💪🏻💪🏻.. thx..!!! My NMN Experiment Reply My NMN Experiment · 1 reply John Ely John Ely 1 year ago Thanks Vince. 1 My NMN Experiment Reply My NMN Experiment · 1 reply genericwannabe genericwannabe 2 years ago That workout would be difficult for your average 30 year old! My NMN Experiment Reply My NMN Experiment · 1 reply F5X F5X 2 years ago my order arrived last week on thursday My NMN Experiment Reply My NMN Experiment · 3 replies International Watching Lion International Watching Lion 1 year ago You want to live long and healthy than you need to move around like your younger self. You need to jump...dance. and do flexibility excercises.almost everyday. You need to change your speed rate of exercises to a fast one and to calm one and toa fast one so that your mitochondria and harmones gets activated. You need to ejaculate your sperm as often as possible almost every day with a parner if possible and masturbate if no partner is available. You need to eat healthy food, fruits greens and juice at small portions and not overload your system on a per day basis. You need to avoid sugars and alchohol and cigarettes. You need to drink ample amount of water and watch your health on proactive basis, meaning checking your blood and overall health to supplement it with natural foods and anything that may help. You need to refrain from being lazy and or moving slowly like you are old. You need to be around young people and better with the opposite sex and help their struggles. You need to flirt, smile, laugh, play and dance like life is new again. Body building and swimming is great. Trekking and traveling helping others is great too. You need to try learn a new language and find a new passion such as music or singing ....and support people like David Sinclair to develop break through body technologies which can enhance immortality.....it will happen in about 15'000 years...if not earlier to extend life span of 150 years to keep climbing the ladder of immortality. And if you die ..see you in another dimension.. another Universe beyond time!👍👋🙊🙈🙉😄👋💣💥😜😁🤓 1 My NMN Experiment Reply My NMN Experiment · 1 reply Manuel Ojeda Manuel Ojeda 1 year ago Lipitor is not good. My NMN Experiment Reply health ccar health ccar 2 years ago First haha My NMN Experiment Reply My NMN Experiment · 2 replies

No comments: