Monday, July 13, 2015

These are good things to think

 These are
> good…Some things 
>   to think about before it is too late. Some are sad, some
> comical, all are 
>   based on real life.
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> 1. 
>   Today, I interviewed my grandmother for part of a research
> paper I'm working 
>   on for my Psychology class. When I asked her to define
> success in her own 
>   words, she said,"Success is when you look back at
> your life and the memories 
>   make you smile." 

> 2. Today, I asked my mentor - a very successful 
>   business man in his 70s - what his top 3 tips are for
> success. He smiled and 
>   said, "Read something no one else is reading, think
> something no one else is 
>   thinking, and do something no one else is
> doing." 

> 3. Today, after 
>   a 72 hour shift at the fire station, a woman ran up to me
> at the grocery store 
>   and gave me a hug. When I tensed up,she realized I
> didn't recognize her. She 
>   let go with tears of joy in her eyes and the most sincere
> smile and said, "On 
>   9-11-2001, you carried me out of the World Trade
> Center."

> 4. Today, 
>   after I watched my dog get run over by a car, I sat on the
> side of the road 
>   holding him and crying. And just before he died,he licked
> the tears off my 
>   face. 

> 5. Today at 7AM, I woke up 
>   feeling ill, but decided I needed the money, so I went
> into work. 
>   At 3PM I got laid off.
> On my drive home I 
>   got a flat tire. When I went into the trunk for the spare,
> it was flat too. A 
>   man in a BMW pulled over,gave me a ride, we chatted, and
> then he offered me a 
>   job. I
> start tomorrow. 

> 6. Today, 
>   as my father, three brothers, and two sisters stood around
> my mother's 
>   hospital bed, my mother uttered her last coherent words
> before she died. She 
>   simply said, "I feel so loved right now. We should
> have gotten together like 
>   this more often." 

> 7. Today, I kissed my dad on the forehead as he 
>   passed away in a small hospital bed. About 5 seconds after
> he passed, I 
>   realized it was the first time I had given him a kiss
> since I was a little 
>   boy. 

> 8. Today, when I witnessed a 27-year-old breast cancer 
>   patient laughing hysterically at her 2-year-old
> daughter's antics, I suddenly 
>   realized that I need to stop complaining about my life and
> start celebrating 
>   it again. 

> 9. Today, a boy in a wheelchair saw me desperately 
>   struggling  on crutches with my broken leg and
> offered to carry my 
>   backpack and books for me. He helped me all the way across
> campus to my class 
>   and as he was leaving he said, "I hope you feel
> better soon." 

> 10. 
>   Today, I was traveling in Kenya and I met a refugee from
> Zimbabwe. He said he 
>   hadn't eaten anything in over 3 days and looked
> extremely skinny and 
>   unhealthy. Then my friend offered him the rest of the
> sandwich he was eating. 
>   The first thing the man said was, "We can share
> it." The best sermons are 
>   lived, not preached. 

No comments: